1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Happy St Patrick's Day.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oldguy, Mar 17, 2024.

1. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Happy St Patrick's Day to all the Irish friends on this site and beyond.. Everyone is Irish today=D>

black pints.jpg

gog123, stedz, Michele and 1 other person like this.
  2. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Is it a cunt of me to possibly ruin the thread and say I hope the Irish seriously start to fight back against the current invasion being pushed by the globalists. Sound like a conspiracy theory but don’t let your country go the same way as london.

oldguy likes this.
  3. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

4. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

My old man seems to prefer the bottles Nigerian Guinness these days?

Seeing as Dubliners got posted…one my favourite irish songs…

oldguy likes this.
  5. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Shane MacGowan RIP

gog123 likes this.
  6. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Bunch of drunk potato eating micks......

But he did chase the snakes out of Ireland(didn't know the uk had a snake issue) so good for him....

BTW "corned beef" is just shitty stringy pastrami(fuck the jews too lol)

oldguy likes this.
  7. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I'll take the drunk potato eating Micks n' corned beef all day long man haha!

Ssdd likes this.
  8. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Everyone knows I mostly shit post or tell the truth... no matter who's feathers get ruffled.... this was shit posting..... but cut us slack our whole country takes up how many European countries??? Of course we're fucked

oldguy likes this.
  9. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Europe has a bigger land area than USA (around 20%) comprising of 44 countries and every one of them suffering from same corrupt, imbecile politicians and social issues as USA.. I live in Scotland, a small country of 6 million people, we got the worst drug death figures in Europe and have done for past 10 years, so what did our government do? They passed a new law for the introduction of legal drug consumption rooms where addicts can go to inject drugs.. It's fucking insane!

Ssdd likes this.
  10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Ireland has never had snakes historically. The snakes they refer to are the snake people or serpent worshiping pagans
    ( the Druids )
    Last of the people with the old world knowledge. St Patrick was tasked to rid Ireland of them and convert the country to Christianity. The druids symbol was the serpent hense St Patrick running all the serpents out of Ireland. His parents were Roman and think he was actually born in great Britain himself but was taken by Irish raiders and brought to Ireland as a slave for like 6 years or something like that. Escaped then went back later to spread Christianity in Ireland. The Roman Empire never fell Rome did. The empire just became the Vatican. England became their bank and we became the guard dogs of both.

Unpopular opinion but that's what I believe happened.

oldguy and Ssdd like this.
  11. stedz

stedz Top Dog

St patrick was a welshman.

12. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Banwen area.

13. AGK

Both his parents were Roman.

14. stedz

stedz Top Dog

ok ,well how do all the ancient manuscripts ,and Historians ,scholars ,in ireland and wales ,agree he was a welshman?

15. AGK

From what I gather its debatable.

Saint Patrick was a Roman Briton as there was no such thing as Wales then and his father was a Roman British official, who lived in the place we call Tafarn y Banwen. “He had a small villa half a mile from the Roman fortress.

16. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Including esteemed scholars like J Bury and Eoin Macneil and others.

17. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Tafarn y Banwen, is the village of Banwen ,which receives ,thousands of pilgrims of irish ancestry every year ,including St Patricks day ,as a welshman of some irish Ancestry,that was what i was brought up believing and so were the irish branch of the clan ,in school as well.In fact they used to refer to st patricks day as "old welsh snake charmers day" Lol. its ancient History regardless.

18. AGK

I don't follow it that deep since I aint Roman or Irish so it matters to me not at all. I see far more info that says he's what I said he was. I don't read scholar papers on the subject nor have I ever came across them while looking this crap up. I don't just mean today but every year the subject comes up lol. If Wales didn't exist then, then how could he be Welsh?

19. AGK

It's all belief. Governments since the dawn of time have been re writing history while destroying the place they conquered history. I wasn't there and neither were you so it's all debatable.
    You said something about scholars saying the contrary. Who do you think they debate it with? Lol other scholars that think differently. That's why it's still debatable.
    Honestly, never even heard the Welsh part until today. Like ever and I'm 46:))

oldguy and stedz like this.
  20. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Wales as always existed regardless of who our oppressors have been ,a bit like the native american indians in North America.They were there first a bit like us ,welsh is one of the oldest spoken languages in the world. Cymru Am Byth. The celtic nations are Scotland Ireland and Wales. not going to row with you over this AGK ,i know you are a good guy.

oldguy and AGK like this.