1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

has anyone experienced this....???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by devinben3, Feb 6, 2005.

1. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

I know a breeder from florida who just had a litter of pups out of 2 blacknose dogs, half of his litter were rednose and rest blacknose...i know it gos farther back into the line, but there were no rednose dogs until at least the 3rd or 4th generation, and not many..anyone know why? he only has blacknose dogs, so he knows his female couldn't 'have got bred by rednose...he just wanted me to ask to see if this has ever happened to any other breeders? thanks.

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Red is a recessive trait Since there was red dogs back in the ped, both the parents thus carry the red gene

3. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

thanks rocksteady, i thought it was something like that, but i know every dog is different. some dogs like spaniel...when red and white is bred to red and white, you wil only get red and white no matter what... i just wasn't sure about the black nose w/blacknose. I've seen a black brendle dog bred to a black adn whit female throw a few blues, Do things like this happen often?

4. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

devinben you got me blocked or something?lmfao

5. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Perfectly common. In fact, if you inbreed or closely linebreed two blacknosed dogs with rednose genes, you can pretty much count on a ratio of about one rednose for every three blacknoses.

6. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

swamper....i don't have you blocked...i don't have anyone blocked...i can't even see the posts that i typed..all i can see is what others type...i have no clue why.

7. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Swamper, Devinben......you both need to reset your rep. filters. If these are set to tight, they'll block out those with less than perfect rep. Shon can help further....PM him

8. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Thanks Crash

9. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

No problem...

10. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

We have a black, black nose female who consistantly throws chocolate rednoses in every litter, no matter what color the male is. When bred to a black, black nosed male she thru 6 blacks, 1 chocolate rednose, 1 buckskin rednose, and 1 red rednose.. you can imagine our surprise since the closest red rednose in her pedigree was her grandfather..lol

After reading up on this it no longer surprises us..lol