1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

He doesn't walk w/ a leash!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dznutts, Dec 8, 2004.

1. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

I've got a 12 week old pup......I need some tips on how to make him walk with his leash....I've been letting him drag it around the house.......But, everytime I go to pick it up and walk him he starts holding back and biting on the leash......

2. I had the same issue, my pup is doing much better now. I still need to give a quick tug to get him going every so often. This is what I did, I take one step and dropped a treat. He'd see it and walk to eat the treat then I'd take another step and drop a treat and the process repeated itself. Over time, I gradually increase the number of steps before dropping a treat. Another thing I did was I had my gf walk a few steps a head of me. My puppy naturally wanted to follow her and he walked by my side as she continued ahead.

3. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

COOL....I'll try it....

4. AC

AC Big Dog

I had to teach one the other day LoL dragged her till she realized walking is easier and better than getting dragged.

5. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

My pup was the same way had a hard time getting him to walk with the leash.After a couple walks he's doing much better.Now if i can get him to stop walking under my feet.I almost step on him all the time.But he's getting alittle better.Just your give your your puppy some more time he'll get adjusted.

6. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

ThanX people....