1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Head is kinda small

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by D'dizzle, Jan 13, 2006.

1. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

I have a 4 month old male, and his head seems to be a little small, other than that he looks good. Is there a chance his head will fill out when he gets older? Please tell me what you think.

2. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

umm ya, hes only 4 mo's old, hes got alot of growuing to do.

3. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

show a pics

4. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

I have pics in my gallery at about 3.5 months old, I will have new ones soon.

5. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Looks normal sized to me for a pup. As everyone said don't worry about it, if he was 4 years and had a little pin head that be something different...LOL.

6. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

okay, thanks for the replys.

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

My dogs head didnt really start to fill out til he was around 8 months so dont worry about it.

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

These dogs aren't supposed to have huge, massive heads. That's just the thug interpretation.

9. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

my guys the same age about the same size head but it well fill out if not u still have a nice lokking dog

10. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Dog. . . looks fine to me.

Head doesn't seem small at all- and even if it was, who cares? This breed isn't supposed to have massive craniums, like miakoda said ;)

11. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

Thanks for the replys. I'm not wanting a big massive head. The thing is, is that I baught the dog without papers nor did I see his parents. I've seen dogs called pit bulls that had the nice bodys but the heads looked like it didn't belong on the body, the head was very small. I bought this pup cause I thought he looked nice, not for breeding. I just want a game dog(APBT). I have allways wanted one. I will continue to keep new pics coming. Thanks again to all of you.

12. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

While I will give you that some people are overdoing it, but dont undermine the head size of the breed. It should be large... but not disproportionate. The size of your dog is the determining factor, most dogs dont really put on headsize until after the first year anyway, so its way too young to make any assumptions yet.
    GIve your dog some time, measurements dont matter, because different lines mature at different rates. you can have two dogs that are equal as pups and one completely explodes at maturity, or you can have the smaller of the two end up being the biggest.... its really hard to tell. just give your pup some time.

13. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

Jaha has always had a large head, even as a pup. He still has a large head now that is a bit out of porportion to his body. He's a freak, lol! Here is some of his big head pictures. Youngest is 12 weeks. Oldest is this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

ALL DOGS GROW DIFFERENTLY. ive had some dogs that were more bulldoggy as pups, and thinned out, then ive had pups that were very terrier (gangly), and at about 2 years old, suddenly got some muscles. Spook for example in my gallery, that dog looked like gangly lab, then at 2 years he filled out. Never got a big head (thank god), but his neck is enormous. He reminds me of Snooty in black lol. i dont measure my dogs (except in heart), but his neck is bigger than his head, thats why the ba$tard has slipped his collar before :P

so ya, after my rambling, some dogs will be thick (or thin) from birth and stay that way. some will come out scrawny, and "thicken up". GENERALLY i see dogs there general height, and close to there general weight around a year old, but sometimes they can go longer and not fill out till 2 years or so.

15. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

That is some great info, thank you all for replying.

16. NOVICE

NOVICE Big Dog

Looks like he'll be stocky, impressive looking. Do you know what "game" lines he's from?

17. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Why does the image of a live bobble head pit just keep popping up in my mind? :eek:

18. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

If you touch Jaha on the nose he'll bobble his head for you! LMAO!

19. I think he looks good the head looks fine

20. he's just a baby right now but he'll fill out soon enough, head and all... he looks good, hope you find happiness with him