1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello, thanks for having me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by duecebentley, Sep 1, 2006.

1. i just purchased a 5 week old male, chocalate red nose pit two days ago and love him to death. thought i would join a great community and learn as much as possible. im sure i will learn alot here and i will be asking questions soon.
    thanks

2. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Welcome to the site. I hope you do not have your five week old puppy with you now. The puppy is gonna stay with its Mom til it is 8 weeks old isn't it? It is not good for 5 week old puppies to be separated from their Mom and littermates at that age. They should not leave their litter til 8 weeks. As to why I will leave that info to the experts here. I do know that in some states it is illegal to separate puppies under 8 weeks from their littermates. It is not good for their physical or mental health..lol. Sorry I couldn't think of any other way to phrase it.
    I hope you notify whoever bred this puppy of the fact that the puppies shouldn't be separated from their Mom or littermates 'til 8 weeks...

3. Suki

Suki Guest

ummmhmmm, I was thinking 5 weeks is a bit young, as well. Not quite sure why he'd be let go so soon????

At any rate, "welcome" to the forum, and I hope you learn much and enjoy the time you spend here.
    Good luck with the little guy!:)