1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pound_puppies, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Hello, im kara from indiana.. I just adopted an amstaff/??? mix little boy lol from our local shelter.. got him home yesterday, and a girl not sure if shes an amstaff or an apbt they say shes a staffy but she has a red nose.... she comes home tomorrow.. the little boy is 4 months and the girl is 2 months, he is black and white she is a redish and white.. thier names are Neo and trinity.. Great site you have here

2. flip

flip Pup

Hello Pound Puppies, Welcome 2 the site!! :)

3. Attila

Attila Guest

So you're a matrix fan eh? welcome aboard.

4. Marty

Marty Guest

Welcome, enjoy :D

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Welcome, you do anticipate dog-aggression at some point as a precaution? Chances are at some point the dogs will want to scrap,and wont be able to be allowed around eachother. Its a minor inconveinance to keep them seperated at that time for the rest they give you. Just be aware, you cannot "love it out of them" and just because they were raised together as puppies means nothing.

6. ya ive already taken that into consideration... as much as i hope it wont happen in reality i know it probly will, and we have already thought of a plan if and when that time comes... i did alot of research before i adopted them so im pretty much prepared for the worse hate to think that way but better to be prepared i think. I m just happy to be able to give these 2 a home. The humane society i adopted them from is a good one.. no kill, lots of pits and staffy's though, dogs are very well taken care of.. they get to go outside and play , they even ahve little kiddie swimming pools for them to play in lol.. the dogs are tested for a week before they are adoptable dog to dog, people, being around their food, etc so far hes been really good, i have the feeling hes been in a house before though cause i havent had any messes yet lol but im sure those will come too.

7. LOL ya... my husband came up with those names.. thier shelter names were jamison and anastasia.. i didnt like them... and thank you all for the warm welcomes

8. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Hello and Welcome! :D

9. Attila

Attila Guest

I love the graphics and the technology put into those movies like those. Amazing We had Lassy when I was a kid and lost in space. To look at those now you wonder how you ever watched such and were intertained. lol Ya I don't think I like the old names either. esp. Anastasia it puts you to sleep.

10. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Hello to ya & welcome! Just one thing though, when they test the dog at a young age, things change over time. That happened to me with Suagr, who is now in deep training. My girl has spunk & I watch her like a hawk. Good luck to you.

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Glad to hear it. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you may be getting into. Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best and nothing can catch ya off-guard! ;)

12. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Congrats on your new additions!

FYI just incase there is any confusion a staffy isn't an AmStaff or an APBT it is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Both APBTs and AmStaffs can have red noses. Shelters are known for labeling dogs w/ incorrect breed titles especially when it comes to APBTs IMO

One pup is sometimes a lot to handle two can be quite the challenge at times. They will need training time and playtime both together and separately

Good luck and enjoy the little ones! They grow up way too fast

13. ok.. well heres a few pics of the 2 maby soemone can tell me what they are then...and of course since it has been 3 days after his surgery the male dog doesnt like any dog now.. tries to bite them all and has bit the baby girl right on the nose so... now they are never in the house/outside together.. the obedience trainer told me to get a muzzle for him and he could be in the house ..i bought one..but havent put it on him yet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so ive been alternating house and play time between the 2.

14. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

They're nice looking dogs. I hope you'll enjoy them both very much.

15. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Welcome and good luck!

16. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

welcome.
    i am sure u ll give all your love to the pup s

17. ty on the comments.. I love these dogs ive already gotten into a routine with them on alternating times with both of them.. they really have adapted well and seem to be very happy.