1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help Me Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by kharma, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kharma

kharma Pup

I hope that I am able to reach out to someone for help. For the past four years i've had the best friend that I have ever had in life. That friend is my four year old "PIT BULL" saying that word almost feels like a cuss word. Her name is "Knuckles" I have had her since she was four weeks old. Because of the reputation of Pit bulls that are brought up in a agressive enviroment now all Pit Bulls have that label on them. To make a long story short. Knuckles has been locked in a kennel for 28 days now due to the fact that if the gate gets left open yeah, she'll chase ya and I agree Iif I didn't know her I would be frightened too. Although she wouldn't hurt a flea. She has never, not once bit anyone or even nipped at anyone. So I go to the Suisun City Police Department yesterday thinking that I was going to get to bring my girl home as soon as I paid the 20.00 a day kennel fees. Come to my suprise that was not going to happen, they informed me that they are going to euthanize her. She is like my child, I love her like I love my family. I don't know what I can do to stop them I can't even believe this is happening, it seems like a big nightmare. If there is anyone who has any advice or can offer any sort of help, it would be more than appreciated and I could never thank enough anyone who can help me save a Pit bull to some, but my bestest friend in life.

TIffany

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2006
  2. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

you better call a lawyer, and quick........good luck!

3. japangame

japangame Big Dog

I need to know if the dog did any damage. What happened? Do they have cause to euthinize your dog? Need these facts.

4. Suki

Suki Guest

yeah, girl:

spill the facts, and let us help you.....:)

5. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Where are you located?

6. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

re lax.... chances are your dog wasnt even pure-bred, doesnt seem to me that you are that knowledgable 'bout this breed. not that that doesnt mean you loved her dearly. but if so, why leave the gate open? surely you knew how she reacts to ppl? it is your fault that ur dog is goin' thru this. REALIZE THAT. the good thing is, there is still more dogs that need your help, if you can learn how to properly care for them! next time-dont leave the gate open.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2006
    japangame and DryCreek like this.
  7. gene_sanchez

gene_sanchez Big Dog

this goes out to the watcher--man how could u say something like that--dont u have a heart or any type of sympathy for this lady--and in the process u decide to put her dog down by saying she wasnt pure bred--dude who cares its her dog she loves it like family--so it seems 2 me that u would only care 4 a pit that met your standards--so stop tryin to intimadate people..

8. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Watcher, you are not a nice person at all, I can only imagine as to why you would say such negative things, even if you feel them to be true you should keep shit like that to yourself. Hiding brhind a screen saying crap is easy...

The Watcher likes this.
  9. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Back off! Toots, when ya been here for a while you'll understand what "The Watcher" is saying! Yea it may hurt but next time close the damn gate!!! This is the kind of crap that makes all owners look bad in the public. Think about it, Crazy!!!

10. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

if a dam dog is human aggresive bury that s***

11. Yes e x a c t l y that....and realy quick! I have nearly the same fight here in good ole germany.You have to know that this people are true idiots...and TRUE idiots are realy dangerous! Call a lawyer, tell him the situation because thats the only chance for your dog.....and to slick willi and the watcher...ok you are right....but dont you have a heart? Shit happens and dont throw stones if you live in a glas house!

12. Mistress

Mistress Pup

If you have a pit bull there are certain things that you must NEVER do under ANY circumstances. Leaving your gate open is one of them. I find it very sad that yet another dog has to die because of human stupidity.

The Watcher likes this.
  13. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

well....wat ever watcher said bout the dog not being pure doesn't really matter if its pure or not as long as she loves the dogs then its good but then she lef thte gate open which is a dumb thing to do so.....um.....if you can't save the dog.....try saving others in the shelters.

The Watcher likes this.
  14. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I'll say good luck to ya! I know we do things that come back & bite us later, but live & learn. Keep on them and don't let down. Don't show weakness, it's life or death with these kinds that don't care. To them, it's just another dog.

15. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

It is your fault and only your fault the dog is in this situation. You apparently knew the dog would chase and/or bite someone so why did you even risk the dog getting out of the gate. Now one more "dangerous" Pit Bull is on the records and it's another case of the owner not doing a darn thing to prevent it. It's PEOPLE like you that give DOGS like mine a bad name!

The Watcher likes this.
  16. japangame

japangame Big Dog

I know it seems as though he is being heartless. He is trying to educate her and all of you who dont know some of the details. Take what he said as a blessing and a lesson.

Watcher, there is one thing that was uncalled for though, the whole pure breed thing has absolutely no bearing on the situation of the love that the owner should have for the dog.

It does have a bearing on human aggression if the dog was to attack someone. Since this breed is not the human aggressive type. I would like to know one thing though.....the chasing, is it out of anger or is she just being spastic for attention. When you say that your dog chases people, it sounds to us like human aggression and a dangerous dog. You are the one who brought this upon your self by "leaving the gate open." And it sounds to me like it happens too damn often. Once is the maximum in my house and that is not leaving the gate open, that is a cleaver dog climbing, jumping, or digging under the gate. ONCE!!!!

Confinement is the biggest issue I have seen since I came to this board and now it is starting to get to me. My dogs have shown me every little way of getting out, so now i have them locked down like a Federal Maximum Security Prison. It's practically Alcatras at my house with out the ocean surounding it. You should have learned from your mistakes the first time around, instead it sounds like you just ignored them.

All I can say at this point is Good luck and God Bless your dog.

This is not a mechanic shop, so the whole

"If ya cant fix it, f%ck it!" phrase dose not work. If you cant fix it, you better find a way to or it will cost your dogs life or many other types of pains and suffering.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
    The Watcher likes this.
  17. cary-dude

cary-dude Big Dog

How in the hell would you know if it was pure bred or not Watcher!? That sounded like a personal attack, I was under the assumption that we didn't do that here! Anyway a dog will die because of a careless owner, that much is clear. Guy's if she could afford a lawyer then she could probably sure as hell have afforded a gate that was more secure or closed on it's own! I am really sorry for your loss lady, but on the other hand by your own account, you are not responsible enough to own this breed. Get a lab or something nextime and fix or close the damn gate!

18. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Not sure what actually happened, but if your dog bit somebody... Well, let's just say I've been there and I wouldn't fight the euth order. Manbiters really have no place in this breed. And unfortunately, if you can't provide a secure environment for your dog, its probably better off this way. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but its the sad truth facing the breed.

19. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

get in touch with a lawyer right now if you don,t you have to deal with the fact that they are going to put it to sleep,,, what would ur dog do if it was you,,, go get it,,,,now for as what u should have done,,,, i agree with some of the rest of them,, never let ur dog get into a position where someone has the chance to persicute it cuz they will,,,,i got into a simular situtation as yours,, cost the hell out of me but they didn,t get the pleasure of getting my dog,,,and would do it again if i had to,,,

20. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

This forum is only a few years old so no one has been on here for too long. Watcher was rude and heartless. Regardless if he was right or wrong, there's a way about doing things, he just helps to portray the owner stereotype, and that's not good for the breed.

Get a lawyer or get another dog and be much, much more careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.