1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help Me Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by kharma, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

i agree with watcher..20 dallors a day and you waited 28 to now worry about it..its not showing correct apbt behavior....get a new dog....try a poodle..pit bulls are not for all people..especially those with open gates and loose dogs..everybody makes there own choices and there own mistakes ..i cant feel sorry for you.

The Watcher likes this.
  2. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

he might have been rude and heartless but so is the ppl thats holding her dog, theres a cold reallty to this,,,,if given the chance to persicute they are gonna,,, and thats bad for the breed,,, they are saying it,s just another loose pitbull even though its someones pet,,, it brings all of us under fire everytime someone doesn,t properly secure they're dog and it ends up in the headlines,,,i'm sorry if it offends you its just the cold hard truth!!!

The Watcher likes this.
  3. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I must say that I agree with The Watcher. You left your gate open and your dog has been sitting in AC for 28 days already? Why so long? If she was like family as you stated,

1-would you leave your gate open if your child was in the back yard?
    2-would you let your child sit for 28 days at the foster home?
    3-You are the only one to blame in this situation.

It might be harsh, and it might sound heartless, but it's the truth. I don't care what breed the dog is, if your irresponsible, you will pay the price. Unfortunately, the price this time is your dogs life.

One thing I do disagree with Watcher, this person should NOT get another animal until they can be responsible enough to contain it properly.

Pit Bulls running at large, whether they are aggresive or not, give the rest of us owners the leftover grief about responsible pet ownership.

The Watcher likes this.
  4. TruPitLver

TruPitLver Big Dog

In a way I agree with Watcher and a couple others. But the way that you (Watcher) stated that was heartless. I agree that it is her fault. She obviously knew that the dog would run out of the gate, as she said that the dog has done it before...but that doesn't mean you should be cruel. People make mistakes.

As for the dog, if she wasn't acting aggressive and only playful, I don't see where they have the right to euthanize her. Did they do a temperment test? And why had you let her sit in there for 20 some odd days? Why weren't you up there EVERY day trying to get her out? It sounds like you may have tried and then gave up for a while, then went down there and found out she'd be euthanized. I feel for you, I don't know what I'd do if my Lexas was in the situation (But she wouldn't be b/c I keep her out of situations like that)!! PLEASE if you get her back or get another dog (no matter what breed) become more responsible. What if she had run out into the road and gotten hit by a car b/c YOU left the gate open. It's not difficult to close a gate.

5. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Oh, for God's sakes, I can't believe this! Obviously this woman can't go back in time and close the gate! What? none of you ever had an incident where the gate was left open? I mean, this woman isn't running a yard, she doesn't have a whole genius set-up! I have had people come over and leave the gate open and not realize in it time before letting the dogs out, this happens sometimes. There are no perfect dog owners, mistakes are made and I'm am pretty sure this poor woman/man/whatever is regretting this whole scinario every day. So, I'm sorry that all you perfect dog owners can't stomach reality. You guys are being friggin ridiculous! The fact is that the dog got out, who gives a crap why, it's done and over and now the dog is in trouble and the owner wants her back. I'll make sure and show the same support when one of you guys ends up in a crap situation!

Now... as was stated before there should be more to this story, there should be a reason the dog was held for so long, did you not have the money or proof or was the dog under quarentine as I am suspecting. For a dog to be in quarentine they had to have bit someone. Some states allow owners to reclaim dogs who have bitten, some don't, but if you are getting haggled in the wrong way than you should contact the media (local news is always a good one), get some legal advise (if the dog is a part of a court hearing than it can not be euthed, but then again, we've seen this rule slapped around) I would speak with the shelter managers, if it's private, get to the funders. Most importantly, you need to know why they are euthing your dog, you should probably share that info with us too if you want anymore help from those of us who actually want to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.