1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help w/ skin problem (pics)

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Phillip, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Phillip

Phillip Pup

I went to visit a friend yesterday and he has 1.5 year old male APBT that is having very bad skin problems.

What is happening is his skin is turning red all over his body. He is scratching it and getting lesions from scratching. They have taken him to a vet and tested for mange and other things and the vet doesn't know what causes it.

They give him 2 shots of some type of antibiotic and it clears up right away for a few weeks but then comes back. They have switched food and have now been on a premade raw for over a month. Nothing but the shots help to clear it up.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be? He did mention the Dam has the same thing.

Side Note: I put the sire/dam in the "official/unofficial ped lookup" thread in hopes that someone could provide the ped and maybe having the peds since the dam had the same condition would help. My novice to ped self believes he is a Jeep/Redboy.

Sorry for the big pics wanted to get the detail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Ouch poor baby!
    If she is healthy and clear of mange and fleas... Try an elimination diet, a food with limited ingredients and only one protein source and if possible keep her in the house and wipe her down with a wet cloth when she has to go out. Without allergy testing there is no way to knwo if it is food based or environmental for sure, but doing the things I suggested can help somewhat to figure it out.

I hope she gets some relief.

3. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

taken to the vet and tested? They obviously didnt do a culture because it would have said exactly what the problem is, the dog needs a skin culture

4. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

How old is she and when did it start?