1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LuvinBullies, Jul 3, 2006.

1. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I did things backwards and jumped in on a thread before properly introducing myself, so here I am:o)...

Thanks for letting me join your group. My name is Beth and I own two absolutely loveable pit bulls (not to mention the Great Dane and the German Shepherd, plus 4 obnoxious parrots). I train horses, rescue dogs, and spend a lot of time with my 15 month old son, Slade. I am also a Pit Bull Advocate, and I spend a lot of time educating individuals on the breed, especially those quick to judge the Pit Bull (and all breeds and mixes resembling the bully) in a negative light. I keep a close watch on any potential BSL in my community, and I write letters to commisioners who favor bans across the country constantly, trying to educate them, but 9 times out of 10 replies are smug and closed minded.

As a Pit Bull Advocate, I feel it is vital for me to educate myself THOROUGHLY in all currently accepted (and legal) practices Pit Bull lovers engage in, even if I don't necessarily agree with them 100%. I am disgusted by the fighting of dogs and will never stop speaking out against it, but in the area of "gameness" I am simply uneducated completely, so I don't feel compelled to be judgemental in something I know nothing about. We are all here because we love the breed, and that is vital in gaining progress against breed discrimination. As a pit bull lover, I feel conservation of the breed is vital, therefore breeding of dogs exhibiting favorable and traditional conformations and dispositions (and of course the bloodlines best representing these qualities) is most certainly necessary when done for the love of the breed, not for the dollar. Random backyard breeding of "pit bulls" (or anything even resembling a bully) is a disgrace to the breed, and only contributes to more instances of pitties in shelters, these sensationalized accounts/news stories of "pit bull attacks", and pit bull fighting. I hope we all agree on this.

Don't flame me...I am also a rep for Dogs Deserve Better.
    I am not interested in debating the chaining issue here because my position will remain strong for many reasons (not emotionally guided), as would anyone who chains their dogs will- and that will achieve exactly squat. I am here to educate myself and thereby gain the ability to spread knowledge to others. Many feel "Gamedogs" is only a codename for "Fightingdogs", and I hate it when people pretend to know something and speak out against it, when in reality they do not and completely disable the credibility of the entire cause. I myself have been the target of misguided protesting at horse shows. "He wants to be free!" "Stop exploiting horses for the sake of human entertainment!" Blah blee blah, if anyone has grown up around show horses, they know those horses love what they do and are sassy and proud of themselves, having a ball. Some of those horses lived better than the dopes protesting, believe that!

At any rate I am here to debunk the ignorantly generalized and widely assumed equation: Game Dog = Fighting Dog

I feel it is important for Pit Bull lovers and advocates to stop wasting their time moving in circles if they believe that equation without knowing anything about Game Dogs.

I hope I haven't offended anyone here, believe me that is not my intention, I have no desire to upset anybody! I give everyone the respect they deserve, and I always shut up and listen to someone's point of view before I make any personal judgements. Wisdom is the reward I get when I listen instead of just running off at the mouth.

Yours in bullies:o),

Beth n Crew in Valdosta!!!

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Hi Beth, thanks for the intro ;)

Welcome to the board, enjoy it :D

3. Suki

Suki Guest

Now you're talkin!!!!!;)

Thanks for the intro!

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

4. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

happy to have u here

5. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

welcome aboard!!

6. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Welcome and good luck!

Beth, Phantom, Stuka from NC

7. Boss' Mom

Boss' Mom Big Dog

Hi there and welcome! Good introduction!!:)

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Welcome Beth, glad you found your way here. Any questions, just ask :)

9. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Welcome to the forum

10. howdy Beth hope you enjoy the site,i look forward to reading posts from you.

11. Ch.Hog05

Ch.Hog05 Pup

Welcome to the group!!

12. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Thanks so much for the warm welcome...I appreciate it. :o)

13. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

What a read! Welcome!