1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Histories Percentages

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ELIAS'PISTOLA, May 22, 2015.

1. olddog

olddog Big Dog

I truly appreciate the efforts you make in passing on the stories you have reprinted here for our viewing pleasure. I hope you will rethink not posting any more of them as reading this history of our breed only can make better owners, breeders and Pit Bull people. I would beg the attention of the mentors of this board to have a historical section where stories can be posted, but not commented on. So as to protect the original content and make-up of the post. Comments about a dog, person or about a part of the content shoul be made elsewhere on the board.

Olddog

2. grove

grove Big Dog

Good idea.

3. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

great Idea -

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I believe thier is a historical section already on the forum.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

OK I see what you mean , have it where it can't be commented on.Thats a good idea because if someone wants to discuss it they can open it in dog discussion.It would prob be easier on the mods to.I can understand Elias point as he does bring us good stories and don't want it muddied up with a bunch of bickering.I mean its easy enough to start a new thread under dog discussion or do a search and bump a older thread .

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well CIK if it was on my mind so much for all those years I dam sure wouldn't have waited until after they weren't around and then brought it up, unless I was making sure that the only people who could refute my claim weren't around to do so. I would assume it would be common sense to contact said parties that supposedly bred the dogs if there was any questions as to how exactly one was bred. And you talk about phone calls, DM speaks of many trips to Oklahoma to Earls place. Even if he didn't know the DOB he would have knew that Billy was supposedly a Dibo bred dog and if he had that gut feeling you would think that he would have maybe brought that up on one of his many trips to Earls place. You use the word fact somewhat loosely but I'd like to speak on the facts I know for sure to sum up my take on the situation. 1) The Billy/Eli dogs made a great impact an continue to today as well 2) It was 63 years ago 3) 30+ years went by before it was spoke of 4) it could have been discussed while all parties involved were alive 5) it wasn't brought up until the two who would have knew without any doubt were gone.

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

duckers and fakers are not the ones that talk
    one wants to talk........... other side quiet as church mousse
    cople of example's here on board from the presence
    and the stories are here ..special to clear up things
    giving the next generation much as possible facts-clearness here on board

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

duckers -fakers-dogthieves

9. keystone

keystone CH Dog

its daily bisniss and in bigger numbers then 50 years ago

10. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lmao maybe that's how the saying goes over in Europe, but what I've learned from my experience and teaching as a young man. A man with nothing to prove has no reason to constantly go back and forth with someone, its the ones that always run there mouth that are most times running there mouth for lack of actual substance.

littlerascals likes this.
  11. cik

cik Big Dog

Cajun what your saying might be true for some folks, but lets not forget Mayfield who knew in his gut that Floyd had done him wrong with crybaby, ,but even though he was pretty much sure of it by the time eli was matched, he just let it go and he and Floyd were never close again after that, you see some folks like me would have been all over it like a rash as you suggest, but others not, and when Mayfield did bring it up years later with his letter to Floyd ,that was only after Floyd had tried to badmouth don in a sneaky way in the times interview , so what I would say to you is that anything is possible, but the discrepancies not only in billy being out of dibo haven't changed , and whether Mayfield had asked or made it more public back in the day than he did or didn't doesn't change those facts or information regarding dobs etc , maybe they do for you , and as Floyd is not likely to all of a sudden have a change of heart and tel the truth , then this I sone where weal have to make up our own minds as to what is more likely to be the truth reading both billy and eli .

12. grove

grove Big Dog

You really make me mad, only known dogthieve here is you.

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well if he felt it wasn't really worth his time to correct a wrong 50 years ago, why is it that you guys feel the need 50 years later that as you say wasn't that important to him???

14. cik

cik Big Dog

jesus Cajun why are you so against the conversation , hell most of the topics on these forums are about long dead dogs and dogmen etc, and pardon me but if we can for our own better understanding of what might have been the truth , as in this case with billy, what is so wrong with that ? and if after looking at the info /facts /evidence /call it what you will and it leads you be able to decide that a dog that you thought was bred one way wasn't why is that so bad ?, and if that allows us to correct that wrong also in our own minds and for our own benefit if for no other, what is wrong with that? I would think that if we could do that more often it would be better all round .

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

you guys iam one lol
    its Always been in his head sence he find out on the side (or he thought he find out )then he had to talk to a cople ....and some start talking to him ..that they have seen the same thing as him. he was flaber gasted /shock.....now he could do 2 things pul the gun or go home
    , because this dirty thing to tel al pups dead ect ...is a big shock when you discover its not like that
    if somebody does that ...that you did trust in the first place. lowest of the lowest

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

citaat armitrage
    the battle wil Always been between the tricky and the onest ones

17. cik

cik Big Dog

key I think you hit the nail on the head here , and the problem is that some people have put Floyd on such a pedestal ,that to admit to themselves that he stole the pups form his friend ,would mean they would have to admit that it was a very low thing to do indeed , and right there is the problem they face .

18. I enjoy the old stories. I hope you continue to share them. Heck i just skip right through the posts that are negative or off point. But thanks for sharing the old storys

19. Mashamplan

Mashamplan Big Dog

Can u guys give it a rest. Both sides have offered no proof or facts except suppositions. Yes d.o.bs were wrong, but that could be for any number of reasons. U believe that billy isnt bred as papered. Good for u. But with all that u cant say u know for sure. And saying Floyd wont tell the truth after all these years, is like saying u have proved his lied all these years. But that hasnt been proven.
    Maybe Floyd did what Mayfield claimed he did. But who here on these forums ran with either man back when all this happened? Just like Floyd has his followers so too does Mayfield. And so far both sides havent brought proof or irrefutable facts to the table (not that its gonna change anything now concerning which way Floyd bred with Billy). So can u state ur belief and leave it @ that and not go on arguing and trying to convince everyone that only your theory is correct? And can the oposition refrain from attacking the accuser? Good threads are often messed up like this and it seems like a certain person is often in the midst of it.
    Floyd bred his way (whether his base animals were paper hung or not) and Mayfield bred his way and the guys who run either's blood should either be content enough with what it shows for them or be brave enough to change if its not good enough.

20. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

EP, I think that was an incredible read. Much thanks for posting and sharing.

The Saint