1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

history book of bloodline

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Dow Xiong, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Dow Xiong

Dow Xiong Pup

do anyone know of any good books that talks about pitbull bloodlines and the history of it? good lines. (jeep,honeybunch,eli,chinaman,mayday,bolio, and etc...) send me a pm or email me. thanks.

2. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Any Books By Richard Stratton Cover The Bloodlines Like What You're Lookin For

3. crossfire

crossfire Big Dog

I would rather look at getting ROM Legends, Heritage Book of Pedigrees, or books of that such rather than the Richard Stratton books my self

4. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

You can find most on line just takes time!

5. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

The Stratton books are great for beginners though. A lot of people won't be ready to dive into ROM Legends or anything like that. They wont understand all the lingo. The Stratton b ooks are a good starting point. Get the oldest first and then read them in order. Thats my advice.

6. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

I don't think that this is off topic but the Pit Bulls were originally used to separate bulls for slaughter. Bull baiting probably evolved from the local hicks (serfs) standing around trying to figure out if the dogs would do it without being killed. Betting was a sure thing to do in those days.

They are working dogs and there is no reason that more than a few of them were used in the coal pits to pull the trolleys up and down the line.

As far as I know the Dalmation, mastiff, boxer and Terrier with another breed were put into the line to create the Staffordshire. Anyone that owns and protects one knows what a truly sweet and beautiful animal that it is. But then again I am speaking to the converted.

7. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

dow xiong u asian??

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I really have no idea what your talking about. What does this have to do with bloodlines? And I can gurantee you 100 percent that staffordshires are mixes of dalmations, boxers, terriers and mastiffs,lol. Staffs were nothing more than show bred APBT's when they were created, they simply took APBT's and bred them for show other than the pit. Over time this produces dogs that look similar to a APBT to most people but are really an entirely diffrent dog by now.