1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hmmmm....

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GrChPitBitch, Jun 6, 2004.

1. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Sorrells/Hammonds cross?? Good or bad..???

2. gator

gator Big Dog

I dont know what you are looking for in that breeding but I wouldn`t do it personally.

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Its a cross that has been done. Its too solid families of dogs crossed up, it has just as good chance as working as any other cross provided that the dogs used are solid individuals...

BB

4. Gamest

Gamest Pup

5. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

hmmm... the only reason I ask is because I am getting a sorrells pup soon.... and my friend has a Hammonds bitch... I was promised a pup when they breed her... sooo......

Thnx guys....

6. gator

gator Big Dog

7. BigTex

BigTex Pup

the way i look at it.....why do a cross anyways? are the dogs really inbred and lacking something? alot of people fuck up and water down bloodlines because they dont know what they are doing and run around crossing every dog they have that is bred decently....JMO

8. Gamest

Gamest Pup

4 YRS , GATOR thanks for tha reponse.

9. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

BigTex..
    Just out of curiousity, what blood do you have??
    How long have you been working APBTs?

10. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Most Sorrells as well as Hammonds dogs are inbred...It couldn't hurt crossing them, you might get some good hunting dogs...

11. gator

gator Big Dog

Give me a shout when you breed him.

12. BigTex

BigTex Pup

if the family is worth a crap in the first place it shouldnt have to be crossed all the time just too get good dogs....i got an idea......take that sorrells pup raise it and see if it is even worthy of breeding then find somebody else with some linebred sorrells dogs and do a family breeding....the family breeding should help preserve the high percentages and uniform characteristics of the dog but be distant enough to bring out some hybrid vigor.....pit bitch i have a few butcherboy bred dogs....and i have had gamebred dogs for a little over 2 years