1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hookworms, Best Removal 12 week pup

Discussion in 'Parasites' started by FigTreeJohn, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Bitch infested with hookworms, milk contaminated, pups dying ... 3 left. Tried a couple of products ... open for 100% sugestions ...

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

You had a fecal done to confirm? And what have you used so far?

Are you cleaning up the environment?

3. yes. bitch is not mine, she was bred while infested with hook worms, vet called it on the bitch, hookworms were passed through milk to pups, I'm trying a store bought product for hookworms and roundworms. All pups were healthy for awhile, wormed and shot according to reccomended time table ... what do you think? I have one of pups here ...

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Store bought? What is it. Name of med.

Get some safeguard goat dewormer. You can buy it at local feed stores, tractor supply. It cost around $15-17 dollars.

You give 1cc per 4.4pounds. Once a day for 3 days. Repeat in 2 weeks. Safeguard/Panacur takes care of Roundworms, Hookworms, and Whipworms.

[​IMG]

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Safeguards the shit if u can get it. Its expensive tho

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Holy shit we posted that at the same time. Go to your local nieghborhood friendly petco and grab you a couple boxes. Cost you bout 13 bucks a piece. Its the green box u want

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

They got it meamt specifically for dogs, takes care of tapes too!

8. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I got it at work, its the packs tho for dogs. Goat will prolly take u further tho

10. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Does not get the most common tapeworm that dogs get from fleas. The dipylidium caninum species of tapeworm. So now Safeguard/Panacur does not get all species of tapes.

It ONLY takes care of the Taenia species. Which they can get from wild animals. Rabbit feces. And even some wild game meat.

11. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

It is less expensive and the same thing. Same concentration. Same medication. But the one labeled for dogs is always more expensive than the livestock.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Damn....so they halfway false advertisin? Thats grimey....

13. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Safeguard states that it gets wrid of Taenia on the website.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Thats what she said

15. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I'm just saying, it's not really false advertising, they don't hide it or anything.

16. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Like Cliff said they do take care of one species of tapes. Just not all. That is why it is important to know the difference. Laced you are not the only one who has not known the difference.

No they don't but they do not diffrenciate the difference and to many people they do not know the difference. ALl they hear is tapeworms and assume that all tapeworms are the same.

17. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog