1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

...Horrible News...

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ultimatek9, Aug 24, 2008.

1. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

I just got a message from breeder of the pup I was getting, oldschool's lilly.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=288079

Apparently, she got an extremely bad case of coccidia, and went down hill yesterday. She didn't make it, and passed away this morning.
    My poor little girl. I can't believe I could get so attached, even though I never met her.
    Her breeder has offered me a puppy from an upcoming litter that is due in the next two weeks.
    This is the pedigree of the litter.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=281665
    I haven't decided what to do yet. I guess I am still in shock.

2. Southerncharm

Southerncharm Big Dog

So sorry to hear about the pup you was going to get. :(

Best luck on whatever you choose.

3. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I had a case of coccidia about 10 years ago, and almost lost one. I give my pups Albon now starting at 3 weeks, if they need it or not.

Haven't had a case since.

I quart cost about $50. Thats enough to dose 3-4 litters.

Sorry to hear about your pup.

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hated hearing about your pup. All that discussion and she's gone. China's pups got sick when they where right at 6 weeks. They were also eating Diamond Puppy and that was during the recall. Guess I caught it in time,only two were sick. Went ahead and treated the rest of them though. Hope you find a pup that will fill this ones place and suit your needs. Good luck.....

5. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I do hope the next pup you are able to get works out well for you.

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

That second link don't work , needs to be made public.
    That sucks dude, I hope you find something that will make you just as happy.
    Good Luck Big Game

7. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

8. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

That is what her breeder said they gave her, but I guess it was too late. She couldn't even hold that down. Poor little girl.

9. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

I'm sorry for the loss :-(
    As bad as it sounds, they say everything happens for a reason! Maybe it was meant to be that you get a pup from this next litter instead....

10. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Sorry to hear. She was so pretty. RIP Little One.

11. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't take long for a pup to go downhill fast. We've thankfully only seen it once. The vet was sure she had parvo because she was in such bad shape. After 48hrs of subq fluids & meds and she made it and none of her littermates got it.

12. Vick

Vick Pup

:( Sorry to hear that but PBP is right.. And at least it happened BEFORE you got her, otherwise it would have been twice as horrible.. I'm sure you're going to get one that's EXTRA special from the next litter.. And which ever one you do get was meant for you.. I'd name him/her "Fate" if I were you.. :)

13. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

that'd break her name theme... Unless there's a liquor named "Fate" lol.

Carla, I'm truly sorry for your loss. I had the exact same thing happen last year, although the pup passed on for different reasons. But maybe it happened for a reason... I ended up with Jack in the long run. Who knows what will come from that next breeding :)

14. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Thanks everyone.
    I am glad that it happened before I got her. It would have been much harder.
    BTW, her name was going to be Effen (vodka).

15. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

im by no measure a profesional ped reader...but i know jack is a top produecer and the other dogs they are offering you appear to be from good blood but there isnt much in the first four generations (that i recognise)....i dont think you should have to pay as much for pup B as you were pup A unless pup B is from equeal or greater blood...but thats just my take on it
    later, webster

16. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Good point. But I do like the new pup's pedigree okay, at least the "boomerang" and "chinaman" parts.
    The breeder has offered me the new pup, for next to nothing. He is really upset about what happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  17. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I'm Glad thay are making things rite w/you however Why are you being charged anything at all. Havent you already paid for the first pup??? The second should be free no strings attached.

18. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

I'm sorry to hear about the pup passin on! Good luck with the new one!

19. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Actually no. I was going to pay him for the pup, when I picked it up. So I am not out any money. I was really suprised when he offered me a pup out of the new litter, as long as I arrange transport.
    I realize that I didn't mention that before.