1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How big is your pup?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NORTH, Sep 26, 2006.

1. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I have one right now that is 5 months and weighs 7.5 LBS Just wondering if anyone had pups this small lol. I also have most of her littermates and most of them are in close to that size. whith a few being about double that size, It was a litter of 13.

2. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

I have one right now that weighs 27 pounds at 10 months. When I brought her home at 6 weeks, she weighed about 2.5 pounds, super tiny:p

[​IMG]

Here she is at 8 weeks, not much bigger
    [​IMG]

3. RED GATOR

RED GATOR Pup

Mine Is 52 Pounds At 8 Months.i Perfer Around 40lbs Full Grown. I Don't Really Want Him To Get To Big But There Is Not Much I Can Do About That. He Is In Good Shape And Is Not An Over Weight Big Headed Mut. I Cut Back On His Feed A Little But He Is Still A Pup And I Do Not Want To Stunt Him.
    He Stands 19 Inches At The Shoulders And His Head Is 17 1/2 Inches.

4. malachi

malachi Big Dog

My baby will be seven months on October 3rd and he is 45 pounds. I do not want him to be too big but he is not fat he is getting muscular from running a lot and I am not going to try to contol his weight as long as he is healthy. I will post more pictures soon. The pictures on my signature are from when he is 4 and 5 months old.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2006
  5. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Do you have a picture North? Next to something common(like a ruler...lol, just j/k) so we can compare size? That does sound tiny...

6. Attila

Attila Guest

My pups were born 6/12/2006 that is 3 months and a week. they are 18-20 pounds. The Dame is 42 (3 years old) and sir 48 (7 years old) So I would say that is very tiny for that age. to the point I am wondering what is wrong with it and if it is the same breed.
    you sure you don't have a French bull dog?

7. ehhehehhe has of this past monday deacon is 8 months and 21lbs!

8. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

7.5 pds you got a jack russell....lol .. just kidding good luck with him

9. squirt07

squirt07 Big Dog

Squirt is about 5 months old, and weighs 28 pounds.

10. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I dont want to play this game.... I will lose.

Diesel was a monster and Adebisi is even bigger.

I dont even want to know what my mastiffs will weigh.

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I thought that Squirt had died?

12. well how are the pups bred ? a lot of lines run smaller than others.even though it is tiny for the age,it sounds to me like even if the parents and such were average sized these pups might be a throw back to something further back in the lines wich were a whole lot smaller than the ones in the recent pedigree.sounds to me and i could be wrong your gonna have some dogs that will weigh in the mid 20's to mid 30's wich is nothing to worry about.

13. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

Well,, I had my dog being 10 months old, but my girl friend took out his medical records and showed me his birth date and informed me he will only be 9 months on Oct 06,,lol seems like I,ve had him longer. Anyway he is 70 pounds now and was 5.5 pounds when I got him at 8 weeks old. Someone told me getting him neutered young would somewhat make him a leaner, lankier dog and his head would not get as large. Well he,s a bull moose with a head like a bucket. What went wrong??lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  14. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I just posted this thread for conversation and was wondering if anyone else had pups of this size at this age, Im not concerned about the size of these pups, As on the mothers side dogs do tend to run on the smaller size. I figure she will probably mature in the 20's which is fine by me.

15. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

gotta nice little bitch that weigh 5 lbs at four months lol shes a mean little thing

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I think that is cool, don't get me wrong. It is rare though with so much of the larger breeds being out there. Do you have any pictures?

17. c10d

c10d Big Dog

Mine turned 4 months yesterday and is 24lbs

18. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

It is NOT rare for an APBT to be of a smaller size. The average is between 30 and 45 pounds. As far as the larger breeds out their, they have nothing to do with an honest bred bulldog.

19. MR BIGGS

MR BIGGS Breed Advocate

My female was 18lbs at 3 months, 27lbs at 5 months and at 1yr she weighed in at 56lbs. Now she's at 47lbs semi-conditioned. I was kinda upset that she turned out to be so small until I found out the standard of the breed. I'm hoping my male I'm getting will grow in to be about 60-65lbs conditioned.
    Size does vary with this breed, although some may not be "standard", so to say that one size is wrong or right would not be fair judgment.

BTW: some honest bred bulldogs can weigh in heavier(60-70lbs) than the standard size. Some dogs even grow to outweigh their parents

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2006
  20. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

I wasn't saying that any size is right or wrong, just explaining that small APBTs are NOT RARE at all.
    Once again, I was reffering to other large breed dogs. As most of us know, there are no large breed 'pit bulls'. Breeds meaning other dogs (mastiffs, presas, etc). There are no "breeds" in the APBT family. Unless he meant 'types', I will assume he meant the other breeds such as my examples. And you're right, some honest bred bulldogs can reach heavier weights.