1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How can I get a drug detection dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by sciri21, Jun 17, 2016.

1. sciri21

sciri21 Pup

I'm looking for a reliable drug detection dog to sniff for drugs at my place of business and to be a guard dog to deter (not necessarily attack) intruders. I don't want there to be any risk of the dog biting someone so that I could be held liable. How can I get one and care for one without paying an inordinate amount of money?

Thanks

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lmao why do you need a drug sniffing dog for your place of business? Most places have drug test ,if a employee is acting crazy ,you can send them for a drug test .If they doin thier job don't worry about it.I saw a guy one time playing the air drums at work and the boss sent him for a drug test lol and he flunked.

reddirt redneck likes this.
  3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

You must own a shipping company,shit more than likely already been sniffed but yea they miss shit.You wanting to keep all that shit for yourself ? Lol

4. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

No way to do it without a good bit of money, training aint cheap, unless you can figure out how to do it yourself & have the time, otherwise you are looking at upwards of 10Gs for a decent dog.. As for a guard dog that wont bite... Keep it locked up...lol..

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I think you've come to the right place to get your drug dog. If I wanted one my first stop would have been game-dog as well.

6. sciri21

sciri21 Pup

I know game-dog.com isn't the best site for it, but I've seen posts here by people who are knowledgeable about different types of working dogs, not just game dogs

7. sciri21

sciri21 Pup

It's not because my employees are using drugs. It's more complicated than that because of the type of business I have

8. sciri21

sciri21 Pup

It's not a shipping company, but the type of business I have would have some use for drug detection

9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Just curious, have you tried drug-dog.com? Might be worth a shot. Good luck.

FrozenEli and reddirt redneck like this.
  10. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

11. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I've got a pothead dog I'll sell you

smalldog likes this.
  12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Why do you want the dog ? Is someone putting things in that shouldn't be there ? You know these dogs have a 50% false positive don't you . The dogs looking for cannabis are looking for a new job . You know 10k will just get you started . Your looking at 50+ because your always in training .

smalldog likes this.
  13. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Easy to train if you have all the drugs you want to look for which is illegal. Simple class using the Soup theory.
    The way they train is simple. Get all the type of drugs you want to look for and place them together. Simply make the dog sit or give what ever Que you want when he smells said combo. When the dogs is reacting to said stimulus you reward. Once the K9 masters this simple step separate said combo and make him do the same for each.
    This is the soup theory which is used to train bomb dogs also. Dogs don't smell like humans, they smell every individual particle, we smell soup they smell very ingredient separately.
    Thats why you put all your items of interest together then once mastered separate individually.
    Know this is a ruff draft of a more complicated training schedule but you get the picture. The most important factor in this is to find a k9 with high pray drive. I have seen k9s from the pound with high prey drive trained in under a week. Once trained the Handler has to be trained to use that K9 properly in order to succeed at said task.
    K-9s go any were from 5000 to 10000 and can be bought or leased.
    S>R>R Must be in this order
    Stimulas (dog reacts to smell)
    Response (Dog sits or claws)
    reward (reward with a ball or toy which he views as prey)
    This is a quick view into this world, its way more detailed and complicated when you really get into the trainers part which is the most important part.
    87Buick
    the sand box veteran

14. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Get one of these Truffle hunting dogs from working lines known for their good nose. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagotto_Romagnolo
    Let them smell the drugs then plant them out around a room or outside. Keep doing this with the different types of drugs and combinations or large amounts then small amounts.

image.jpeg

You can then widen the search area whether inside or outside. I take it this is a dog for a nightclub or some sort of public venue where your business maybe liable for drugs or dealing on the premise.

Truffles can be worth a fortune so you can earn some extra money on the weekends out in the countryside whilst training the dog.

image.jpeg

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

If I went that route I'd go with a Yack,lol ..those little fuckers got a nose...id prob take some advice from OG though.He knows a little more about scent hounds that what he lets on lol.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

The figure 10 k he threw out there isn't a joke either.

17. old goat

old goat CH Dog

10 k on the start of a search and rescue dog . then you have plenty more training to do .

18. phoenix walk

phoenix walk Big Dog

belgian shepherds have a great nose for detection work and for personal protection work they are brilliant also, easy enough to train , but they are like a hurricane with their energy so experienced handler needed

19. GK1

GK1 Big Dog

Consider contracting a private K9 team - dog plus handler, to work your property. At a minimum, you will get an idea of what this capability can do for you, or not. Go from there. But as other posters stated, this is not the ideal forum for your question. There are other working dog forums with subject matter experts.

20. Dogs are trained to do this. You can buy a shepherd dog and give it for training