1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How did that dog get that Name????

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Big Game, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

<HR class=hr width="100%" SIZE=1> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->We have all herd the story on how Dibo got his name. I've also herd the story on how Red Devil got his name. Anyone have any storys on how some of the past greats(dogs) earned there names????????
    Also. How did youre own dogs earn there names????????????
    Big Game

2. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

or for the super greenhorn, you could start the thread with the stories of how Dibo and Red Devil got their names :D

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

i know that bullyson got his name when FB wacked him over the head with a shovel after bully (which was his actual name when FB first got him) tried to bite him. After he hit him with the shovel he said "bully son come here" and ever since then only FB could handle him and the name bullyson stuck

i think most everyone knows how gr. ch. 35 got his name, but if u don't know then i'll sum it up in a few words, he was bought for 35 dollars, nuff said

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  4. TNKIDD

TNKIDD Pup

It was Bobby Hall, not Floyd...

5. 440rider

440rider Guest

it was jerry clemmons that named Bullyson...I was told this by the man himself.

6. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

this is true.... the story was also in Bullyson & His Sons....very good book btw....

7. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

lol well my bad i wasn't sure who exactly named him, i thought it was FB but anyway it don't really matter

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have heard that Zebo got his name due to a misspelling of the name "Zero." UKC supposedly put his registered name down as Zebo instead of Zero & they never changed it back.

As for my own dogs, they all have stories behind them. But I have to get ready to go to work, so I don't have time to tell them all, but I will try to when I get home.

9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

You are right it was Jerry, and bully was a great dog with too many hands on him. Id feed a yard of him. J

10. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

We have one we named Freeway....he was born in my wife's van as she was doing 90 mph thru town weaving in and out of traffic flashing lights and blaring her horn bringin momma back from the vet as we didn't want the pups to be born there. I was back at the house waiting for them, so I didn't witness my wife's driving, but she drives everywhere like it's the free way, lol.

11. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

As far as my own dogs,

"Howie" got his name because the shelter staff thought he looked like Howie Mandel. I never saw it... But I do think he looks a bit like Rodney Dangerfield LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Osea

Osea Banned

That is great! Too funny GSD!

13. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

LMAO! That is too funny.

Well my dogs adba name is Black Momba cause since she was born she would always keep up havoc and sneak bite her littermates. call name Simone after Nina Simone the singer, if you don't know her look her up. The definiton of Black History and my dog is just that ALL black.

14. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

by the way no pun intended.

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

OK, here's the rest of mine that I've got now:

Tiger - He was named Weaver's Tiger by his breeder, but we also registered him as Turner's "Ishmael." We chose this name for him b/c when we got him he had parvo & the vet said he might not live. I prayed that God let him live & God heard my prayers. So when we registered him through other clubs, we chose the name Ishmael, which means "God hears."

Cody III - Named after his father Cody II, who in turn was named after his grandfather Cody. Cody II's father wasn't given a "Cody" themed name. Instead he was named One Lucky Dog b/c he was shot twice in the face by some idiot & lived!

Eli Smoke - Named after her grandfather Eli Shadow.

Tobiah - Means "the Lord is good." Also similar to her ancestor's name Toby.

Jasmine II - Named after her mother Jasmine. The name Jasmine is Persian for "praise."

Bendijo - Spanish word for "blessed." We chose a Spanish name b/c she came from a town very near the Mexican border & we chose the word "blessed" b/c we felt we were blessed to be able to get her!

It was horrible - she had to be ground shipped & it took forever to get her shipped. Once she was shipped, they shipped her to the wrong state! Once they finally got her to us, some dumb kid lets her out of the van w/ no leash on or anything & she almost ran into a busy highway! So we figured we were very "blessed" to even bring her home alive!

So those are the names of our dogs & the stories behind them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  16. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

mud bug, a.k.a. sh*thead; cause he is the biggest pain in my arse i've ever owned.

Layla was named after the song by eric clapton, specifically because of the line "got me on my knees layla." she's my hog dog. half apbt and half black mouth cur. ;)

Beau-Beau got his name cause he always used to steal food from the counter or table.

and Isis seems pretty easy to figure out :)

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'll do a few I've left out of these kinds of threads in the past.

Midge- Short for midget, as when we got her, her body was 3x's longer than normal, and legs 1/3 the size. She had nothing but ankles, and shoulders, and a back 4' long. Dachshund would of been another good name for her.

Sampson-Off the movie half baked. I always chuckled about walking out the back door in the morning, and shouting "Wheres my money Sampson!"

Tend to name litters of pups at birth, which cuts down on the personal names, but for some reason they grow into them. They are mostly "theme named". For instance, one litter was named after the movie "Natural Born Killers" with Mickey and Mallory Knox, and Jack Scagnetti. Sampson was the exception, although one of his many names is Rodney, a character in the movie. Plus he's a large, vulgar blockhead like Mr. Dangerfield LOL Most just call him Tank Ass.

Another litter we wanted old lady names, so scanned the obit's for a few weeks for "Ethel Trudy", "Betty", "Millie", and "Bertha". They've evolved into Milli Vanilli, and Black Betty or Betty Boop. We lost Big Bertha way too early.

"Bonito"-Spanish for beautiful, if you've seen him in person, or even a picture, you know why he got that name. LOL

18. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I read a interview with DA (of Zebo & Art fame) where he stated that Bullyson was the best dog he ever saw..Was talking about the Clouse ordeal,etc..
    There was a tape put out by a certain magazine publisher that had old 8mm footage of Bullyson,Eli Jr & Brendy as young puppies on it..Pretty cool stuff like shots(8mm) of dogs on Maurice Carvers yard as well as some other yards..

19. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Carver said Bullyson was the greatest dog in the world. And had so much faith he took him in with very bad blood count and toreup gums from chewing threw chain link. and bred him just days before. and he did what any breathing thing would do. Yis J

20. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

My dogs:
    Cuddles Blue Eye: I got her in 4th grade from the shelter, and when I picked her up for the first time she rested her head on my shoulder. Her middle name is, because she has one blue eye and one brown eye.

Notch: The white collars of fur around his neck notches up into the black.

Tess: She was all black as a puppy, and looked a little like a black panther, but we didn't want to call her panther or anything like that. So, my boyfriend thought of Huntress, and somehow, shorten that to Tess.

Hawken: He is named after Stephen Hawking, because he was the smartest of the pups. The reason it is spelled different is, because my boyfriend wanted to spell it like Hawken rifles.

Locus: My boyfriend suggested Locust. I liked it, but liked how it looked without the T better.

Morgan: He is named after Brigadier General Daniel Morgan, who served in the American Revolution.