1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How Disapointing

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by N M PITS, Feb 9, 2006.

1. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

well all the idiots on here ought to be proud of themselves u really showed your a$$ today that was a disgrace how u treated that other forum jump on there and act like a bunch of children yes i know there wre some things that did not need to be there like the dogs for sale but there was also some really cool aspects there and with a little support it will probably be a great place to discuss and learn about the breed but rather than give advice the usual bashing took place so let me be the first to congradulate you all on another great job of educating someone you really taught her about the breed and did some great advertising for this site as well

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  2. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I guess I count as one of those people even though I don't think I showed my a$$ nor was I overly rude. I know a few other members were but I'm not sure who one of them was. But hey it's our prerogative Whine at us all you want I don't even care anymore

3. Suki

Suki Guest

It's really ashame that the topic got so off subject. Sadly, the "pit bull" is the number one dog choice today.

number one choice to be over filled in shelters.
    number one choice to be targeted for BSL
    number one choice to be "humanely" pts
    number one choice to be bred
    number one choice to be fought
    number one choice, ...etc, ....
    please read on:
    I'm sure this was Mia's point:

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][font=Courier New, Courier, mono]Missouri Pit Bull Rescue [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, you want to breed your Pit Bull? If you truly care about those dogs, what follows should change your mind... [/font]​
    [​IMG]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is just one of the numerous litters of Pit Bull puppies euthanized in the Kansas City shelters as there are not enough good homes for those dogs. None of those pups made it out of the shelter alive....[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remember this; if ever you produce a litter of Pit Bull puppies and you are lucky enough to miraculously find homes for all of them, it is only because an equal amount of existing dogs GAVE THEIR LIFE to make room for your puppies... [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STATISTICS[/font]
    <LI>
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only 1 in 600 Pit Bulls will find a home - For every Pit Bull placed in a loving home 599 DIE![/font]

<LI>
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PBRC is listing HUNDREDS of homeless Pit Bulls hoping for a chance... PETFINDER "THOUSANDS" of them.... (combine Pit Bulls, AmStaffs and StaffyBull Terriers and you will have over 5000 Pit Bull type dogs listed for adoption in Pet Finder alone.[/font]​

<LI>
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pit Bulls are now the number one bred dog in the United States - Ironically, they are one of the hardest breed to find "good" homes for.[/font]​
    <LI>
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]200 Pit Bulls are killed PER DAY in Los Angeles alone because they cant find homes. Imagine in the rest of the country. [/font]​
    <LI>
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every homeless Pit Bull that dies in the street and every one who sits hopeless in a shelter is the product of a breeder... either intentionally or accidentally...[/font]​
    <LI>

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]75% of shelters nationwide euthanize all Pit Bulls without even trying to adopt them out.[/font]

<LI>[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pit Bull often make up to 40% of all dogs found in a shelter. In Kansas City alone, it is not rare to see almost half of the local pound filled with Pit bulls and pit mixes, all scheduled to be destroyed if not claimed by their owner within 5 days.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE[/font]
    [​IMG]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A LETTER TO PIT BULL BREEDERS, FROM AN EX PIT BULL BREEDER[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am a volunteer for Missouri Pit Bull Rescue, and see that you plan on breeding your Pit Bull. I can not stress to you enough on how bad a mistake this would be.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am an ex-breeder myself. I had no idea how much damage breeding my dogs could do for Pit Bulls, not to mention how many serious problems I put my own dogs at risk of developing. I have since learned a great deal, and now dedicate my time trying to educate others about the reasons to never breed, as well as help in the rescue of Pit Bulls in need. Please take my words seriously. I am speaking from experience, and I wish someone would have told me the facts I'm about to share with you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]First, please understand that there are currently more Pit Bulls in the United States than either other breed. The population is currently at epidemic levels, and there is simply not enough homes for them all. Current statistics are that 1 in 600 Pit Bulls will actually find a home. That means 599 Die. 75% of shelters nationwide euthanize all Pit Bulls without even trying to adopt them out. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The above facts hopefully are enough to make you realize how serious a mistake it would be to bring more Pit Bulls into the world, when so many are dying now. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ore you even have to worry about placing the pups in safe homes, there are a lot of other obstacles you are going to have to face. First concerning your female. Pregnancy can cause a lot of serious complications that can lead to the death of your dog. Please visit this link that will give you a list of some of the possible and quite frequent problems you are putting your dog as risk for when you breed her.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I ask you to please take notice of these facts. Breeders whether responsible or irresponsible, are one of the main reasons why Pit Bull Rescues exist. We are a group of volunteers, we have full time jobs, families, just as you, but we spend all available time trying to save these dogs, produced by breeders. We simply can't keep up. There are Pit Bulls dying all around us, every minute, because there aren't enough homes for them to go to. I beg you not to bring more into the world. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even if you don't believe the above horrors would happen to your pups, please think of this; even if you beat the odds, somehow miraculously you have a litter of pups that live, your female develops no complications, and amazingly you find the perfect home for 8-15 pups: For every pup you placed in a home, a Pit Bull was killed in a shelter or died homeless because of YOU! [/font]
    [​IMG]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Euthanized Jan 04[/font]​
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[/font]

4. Suki

Suki Guest

the rest:

[​IMG]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Euthanized Jan 04[/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you love the breed as much as you must to want to breed, then you can't possibly deny what an injustice it would be to those poor dogs, to bring more into the world now. I hope that you make the right choice, have your dog spayed, and help save the tremendous amount of Pit Bulls already waiting for a home. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope that my words are taken seriously, and that you will choose the right path. It is the right decision, one that you can be proud of, your dog will be thankful for, and we will be so very grateful for as well.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please take a look at just some of the wonderful dogs that are so desperately need a home. The greatest challenge though, will be for you to visit your local animal shelter, and walk past the cages of all the perfectly friendly and healthy Pit Bulls that will be taking their last breath within days. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.mprgroup.net/dogs.html
    http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/index.html
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish you luck, and I hope my words have made a difference in your life. I hope the faces of needy deserving Pit Bulls are able to touch you and convince you to never breed your dog. You can be part of the problem, or be part of the solution. Please choose wisely.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suzanne Mott
    Old Family Red Nose
    Missouri Pit Bull Rescue
    [/font]

5. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

now we are off topic i am talking about what took place today with the other forum and how that lady was treated this is not whining this is a scolding i think it is you all doing the whining oh i am gonna lose my dog oh the shelters than do somthing about and acting like a 2 year old is not going to fix anything

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  6. Suki

Suki Guest

wooooo! chill! sorry, my error then!
    "acting like a two year old"?!!!!
    ummm, and who might THAT be?!!!!
    sorry you obviously mistook the intention of my whole post!
    oas!!!!!

7. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

the comment was not directed at you but at those tha participated in todays episode

8. Marty

Marty Guest

PM me the site.

9. Suki

Suki Guest

thanks for the clarification. My error. I thought you were referring to another post.Worked all day today, and didn't read the one you are refferring to.
    sorry.

10. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Suki you should post that on the other board that's where it needs to go.

11. Suki

Suki Guest

go for it! This is a total blonde moment for me, as I honestly have NO idea what transpired. Post it, if it'll help!:)

12. SisMorphine

SisMorphine Big Dog

Oh man, you totally just OASed someone online! I love it :)
    Been working too much. LOL!

13. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

what may I ask is oas?

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Bottom line is....keep the drama on the other forum. I didnt go there, or even see what was said. However, it doesnt matter. If they didnt want opinions they wouldnt of posted on this site. N M if you have SUCH problem with this site...then why are you here? Bitching and whinning does absolutely nothing other than irritate people. Maybe some members did act immature over there (I dont know, I didnt see it) but you are acting immature here, and if anybody is acting like a 2 year old-its you. This is the internet and people are allowed to have opinions...you ask for them, dont complain when they dont agree with yours!

15. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

no lets keep the drama right here the only thing irritating i see is how people around here treat eachother and thinks for putting me in my place i feel better now

16. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i dont see any one really being mean but u i will agree that some people said some things probably mydlef included but who are u to but every on blast like that. if think your little piss fest is going to solve any thing your most likey wrong. i agree that the question should have been answerd but still she shouldnt be doing what she is so some people lett her know that so please chill out and get of your high horse becasue your not better then any one thanx

17. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

all the idiots on here? chill out sister,,what did anyone do that was sooo bad? say a few words,,say an opinion,, their site is the sweet sorority sisters and we are animal house,,and u most be our house mother. thank you may we have another.

18. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

now i will admit i have been off the chain latley but i just can't sit back and listen to the crap folks talking latley i have been quiet for a while now but this is getting way outa hand can't even ask qustions anymore (it used to at least have to be a stupid ?) with out all the smart a$$'s pouncing this is a great site but there are some folks on here dragging it down and i know i am not the only one who feels this way i been on the other forums and so have alot of other members and we all see whats going on here and it is a shame cause i know a lot of hard work has gone into making this the best site out there everyone (including myself) needs to calm down and let the learning continue cause no matter what our differences might be it really boils down to the preservation of our breed and i am going to stop at that

19. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

i take that back your right

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2006
  20. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

oh i figured it out..i saw your photo gallery and your blue pitt.and your litter of blue pitt puppies...so did you make a lot of money..is that why your sticking up for other site of back yard breeders ..that are destroying our breeds..first you show up on my topic and talk shit...then you post your own opinion...and still talk shit...opions are like assholes everyone has one...but keep it up .someone will tear you a new one...try to say i dont have game..because i didnt fire back at you yesterday..your not even worth wasteing time on...i think the other site is more your speed any how...yeah im proud..im not going to chop up your posting so if you have something to say pm me..THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED...A GREAT DEAL OF ASS SHOWING...