1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how do they look?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by shadyridgekennel, Mar 27, 2006.

1. i just wanted ppls opion on how they look? should i take more weight off of them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Magneeto

Magneeto Big Dog

WTF???????!!!!! Conditioning doesent mean starve your dogs. I see spines and ribs which means, hunger. The reason why a dog looks skinny when its conditioned is the same reason why basketball players are so skinny, THEY'RE IN SHAPE!!!! NOT STARVED!!!!!! Sorry to say but, if you want conditioned dogs, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WORK WITH THEM LIKE THE REST OF US. I PUT 2 HOURS A DAY INTO MY 2 PUPS AND THEY ARENT THE ONLY ONES EXAUSTED AT THE END.Edit.

3. hum then your mutts must be fat as hell!!! cuz those are healthy, CONDITIONED dogs!!!! take a look at ADBA dogs lmfao and thats it only 2 hours you put into your dogs lmfaooo yea and jsut because you see ribs and spines dont mean shit. its just means my dogs are in better shape then yours ..get over it...humm no wondering why you dont like seeing a conditioned dogs. rotflmfao i just looked in your gallary and you like them big fat over stuffed blue things!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  4. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Those Dogs Look Pretty Good To Me, A Little More Muscle Tone And They Are In There!!!!! The Weights Are Good, Not To Thin, Not To Heavy. Magneeto There Is No Reason To Harass Another User Just Because You Choose To Keep Your Dogs Heavier, There Is Absolutely Nothing Wrong With These Dogs Weight, They Do Not Appear To Be Starved Or To Thin, They Actually Fit Quite Nicely Into Standard Weight Ranges.

5. Tyson666

Tyson666 Pup

Hi,
    Too thin for my taste. Sorry
    I think more weight and more Training. A good combination.

6. thanks i cant wait for the show in may..to bring home some more ribbons!!!!! there conditoned weights are:
    the brindle bitch about 38lbs
    buckskin bitch 30 lbs
    and the red/white male about 50ish

7. Mistress

Mistress Pup

Agreed. People are just plain idiotic.

8. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I would say try getting a bit more of the muscles toned up.

Good luck at the upcomming show.

9. yup thats what we are working on next. we just got the turntable set up this weekend.

10. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

SEEMS TO ME THAT THE ISSUE HERE MIGHT BE THE SIMPLE FACT THAT MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD RAISE MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOGS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO UKC, ADBA, AKC, ETC.... THE RULES AND STANDARDS OF THESE CLUBS VERY GREATLY AND PESONALLY I THINK THAT WE ALL JUST NEED TO STEP BACK AND NOT BE SO HARSH AS TO JUDGE OTHERS AND THEIR TYPE OF DOGS. THESE DOGS FIT WELL WITHIN STANDARD RANGE FOR ADBA AND ARE NOT TO THIN BY THEIR STANDARDS, WHERE AS THOSE OF US THAT DO RAISE THIS TYPE THINK MANY OF THE UKC TYPE DOGS ARE JUST PLAIN TO HEAVY, SHOWING EXTRA WEIGHT AND FAT. MY POINT BEING IS AGAIN MEMBERS HERE ARE TO QUICK TO JUDGE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH OR THINGS THAT ARE OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE. DO YOU ALSO FEEL THAT THIS DOG IS TO THIN?
    [​IMG]

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Gapits- I am quite comfortable with the ADBA standard, and know what a finely conditioned dog looks like. To me, these dogs are lacking muscle tone, and their stomachs do not tuck up. IMO this means the dogs were taken down to this weight more through cutting diet and a little work than, upping the feed and working its ass off! The last picture you posted, the dog looks better than the rest, and is close to looking "right". His stomach is tucking up where the others are not.

I would ask how long did it take you to take the weight off these dogs, how much did you take off, and how far away is the show.

ETA-and no ga, that dog is not too thin. I think that dog looks very good, and in fact could go down 1/4-1/2 lb more IMO.

12. I think the red and white male at the bottom is your closest bet for making a good showing if the event is anytime soon. The other two lack muscle tone, but DO NOT look starved...that's ridiculous.

13. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

IMO i would say as well that too much food was taken away, where you should have been upping exercise instead. As was stated, tucked tummys & muscle tone will make them look great!

14. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

Look on weight to me baut can have some more muscle. Good luck working them.

15. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

The top two dogs look natural. Like you haven't worked them. The bottom dog looks good but unhappy. They are not underweight but not conditioned
    this is too underweight
    [​IMG]
    this is more natural how someone would keep their pet
    [​IMG]
    conditioned (: it's ok to use it right?
    [​IMG]
    I think we all agree overweight
    [​IMG]

16. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

all the dogs look good. just could be a little more toned. the brindle i would bring her down to 36 lbs.

17. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

couldn't have put it better myself!!!!!

18. Tyson666

Tyson666 Pup

To shadyridgekennel: with too thin for my taste i mean not thin like underweight !! I mean it can be more muscles for the weight, then it is O.K..
    Also i think when i want another oppinion i must thinking of that it can be negativ! Not ever positiv! Also it is not ever o.k. when everything is familiär and everyone say what i want to hear. Then i learn nothing and nothing is changing. Because i think when i ask something i want to know or to learn something. I don`t know that with x Clubs and different Standarts.
    For me it gives two Fact´s trained or not trained !!!
    It can be, that one dog weights 20 kg and the other 40 kg maybe different Types. But trained is trained !!! that means the Blue on the pictures is a joke !
    A little bit more and he have no feeds.

19. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

Judging a dogs condition based on how he looks is a false pretence of how well he will actually perform or how really good of condition he really is in performance wise.

20. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i would work the dogs more.....muscle not well defined....