1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how do they look?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by shadyridgekennel, Mar 27, 2006.

1. *blackrock*

*blackrock* Big Dog

Damn!! I am really disapointed!. This is a GAMEDOG board, for people who understand the whole being of these gamedogs. I see most peeps on here own UKC fat bluedog people, those dogs are not even close !!! to being underweight!!....it's funny how most these guys have a GAMEDOG in their Avatar but say STUPID shit like that!!. Just lookin at the pic gallery, I am starting to realize this board is not what it's cracked up to be.....I mean there are boards SPECIFICALLY made for blue UKC and reazoredge type dogs....but they see game-dog.com and come here WTF??? Where are all the real dogmen at!!! that understand simple things like freakin conditioning!! those dogs look great.

2. Magneeto

Magneeto Big Dog

????????????? WTF??????????? come tell that to my dogs face. my dogs have extreamly more muscle tone than your dogs.All i was saying is, if you were actually WORKING your dogs, and not just underfeeding them, they would have a lot more muscle. lol@ mutts... tell that to louis colby :)tell that to Mr.Tant:) rookie.

3. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

They look aite. A bit thin.. Ive seen well conditioned dogs and u can see their ribs, but see a lot of muscle around it. And if you do see that, that is a well conditioned dog.

4. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

They look in better shape than my dog, I'll give you that. Just work the hell out of those dogs to gain some more muscle, and you'll be set :D They're looking great and your almost there.

Good look at your show.

5. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

i PERSONALLY THINK THEY NEED A LIL MORE TONING AND THE BACK BONES ARE SHOWING BUT HEY MY BOYS BACK BONES SHOWS TOO WHEN SLIMED UNDER 70 LBS.

6. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

here is a side view of my tab male [​IMG]

7. its ok . sorry but my dogs do more then just get off the couch and get bones like yours do from the pics of your dog in you gallery lmfao. and i dont work my dogs lmfao humm so lets see what they use ...mills 3 different kinds, turntable , drag weight, swimm tanks.. and a few other thing.. and under fed rotflfmao sorry the get the highest grad of raw i can get so no not under fed. just fit!!! and if you never put your dogs into REALL keeps then i would just keep my comments to myself. and leave the gamedogs to the gamedog peopl....

oh yea i forgot sorry but i have dogs off of lou colby and other know dogmen..and if my dogs told that to your dogs face ..your dogs would't have a face left and rookie? lmfao i bet i have more ADBA show champions then you have socks. so iam by far a rookie.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  8. Marty

Marty Guest

I think your dogs are looking good for ADBA standards a little more work and your there ;)

This was my reply to the Finale and the other dog thread and it aplys here as well,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  9. yup.. hell i know my dogs are healthy , happy and worked so like the saying goes everyone has an opion just like assholes lmfao..

10. Marty

Marty Guest

Just had to reply to this post, This is Game-dog.com This is what were here for though, this is going to be our new (about us page) read and understand why were here hope this helps you understand ;)

• Pit Bull Community is dedicated to the preservation of the pit bull in its original form as a game-bred dog and in its modern incarnations as a loving companion pet and top competitor in weight pull competitions and conformation shows. We are opposed to all forms of animal cruelty, and do not promote any illegal activities, but we celebrate the history of the pit bull and value its qualities of courage, strength and tenacity as the essence of the breed. We are therefore against all forms of breed-specific legislation, and work to protect the constitutional rights of pit bull owners.
    • Pit Bull Community's primary goal is to provide education to the public about the nature of the American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) and related breeds such as the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, all of which are often referred to as "pit bulls." These breeds have become the media's current choice of "dangerous dog," following the German Shepherd, the Doberman Pinscher, and the Rottweiler. In light of today's barrage of newspaper reports of pit bull attacks, it is hard to imagine that today's "bad dog" was once favored in the United States.
    • The shift in the mass media's portrayal of the pit bull, from the loyal family pet of Our Gang's Petey to a fearsome beast, as well as the rise in breed-specific legislation banning pit bulls, is the result of widespread misinformation and prejudice. The imputation of actions and characteristics of individual dogs to an entire breed, which forms the basis of breed-specific legislation (BSL), is analogous to human racism or classism.
    • Moreover, with a wide range of sizes and colors, and an ever-increasing mixed-breed population, the pit bull presents a challenge for those who would define it. These days, it seems that everyone knows what a "pit bull" is and that "they" are dangerous. This ambiguous status has led to vague definitions of the pit bull in breed-banning ordinances, and the label "pit bull" has been applied generically to any dog that appears dangerous. In fact, over eighty percent of Americans, when faced with pictures of the American Pit Bull Terrier and related breeds, fail to correctly identify the APBT.
    • The American Pit Bull Terrier is descended from the fighting dogs that came to the United States from England and Ireland in the late 19th and early 20th century. Although some dispute its heritage, the APBT is generally thought to have been the result of a cross between the original English Bulldog and a smaller, game terrier, a cross which was then refined on American soil. The United Kennel Club (UKC) was formed in 1898 to recognize the APBT, and other pit bull registries have been founded since, which reward conformation based on performance rather than on size, color or other physical characteristics.
    • Despite the media's portrayal of fighting dogs, it is precisely the APBT's history as a fighting dog that has made it such a fine companion animal. Bred to be handled extensively by humans who regularly separated fighting dogs in the pit, APBTs became uniquely human-friendly; an APBT who would injure a human, without human error or provocation, was removed from breeding stock. The true, game-bred APBT is thus uniquely responsive to humans and will go to amazing lengths to please its owner.
    • The gameness of APBTs also allows them to excel as working dogs, in sports such as hog hunting and weight pulling. Because they are so friendly to humans, APBTs are not suitable for guard dogs. Even though the myth, that pit bulls have locking jaws has been completely debunked, they are powerful natural athletes, and encouraging them to be aggressive toward humans is tantamount to criminal action.
    • Although APBTs typically do not bite people, any dog of any breed will bite a person under certain circumstances. Like any dog, an APBT should always be supervised around young children. Many people, when talking about a pit bull, will call a dog that bites an individual a "man-biter." A man-biter will go after man like another animal with all intent to take it out. At least 99.99% of APBTs will not attack a human, but many display protective instincts and will defend their family and/or property. Humans are most always the ones to blame when a dog bites someone - they have failed in some way, but refuse to take blame for their inability to properly raise, house, and train their pets correctly. It is always easier to blame the dog, its breed, or its genetic makeup, than to take responsibility, train them correctly from day one, and should a problem arise, seek professional help. It is the irresponsible owners who have allowed accidents to happen which could have been prevented, and are now threatening to destroy the pit bull breeds.
    • Even though the APBT is the most reliably human-friendly of breeds, they often become dog-aggressive when mature (beginning anywhere from six months to two years of age and continuing for the rest of their adult lives). APBTs do not need to be trained to fight other dogs - it is in their nature. Contrary to popular opinion, dog-aggression cannot be "loved out" or "trained out" of APBTs, but it is typically apparent and controllable through supervision and separation of dogs. In fact, dog-aggression is also common in other bully and terrier breeds, and has nothing whatsoever to do with aggression toward humans.
    • For these reasons, persons who aspire to own an APBT take on a great responsibility. These dogs must be supervised around other dogs, cats, or pets and many should be the only house pet. Even though chains are out of favor among animal welfare advocates today, often with good reason, a well-maintained chain set-up is often the best outdoor containment system for an APBT, and allows them a great deal more exercise and safe interaction than a dog run or kennel. Although parting sticks and exercise equipment are characterized by law enforcement as evidence of dog fighting, they can also be hallmarks of responsible ownership and well cared-for APBTs. We believe that all of these responsibilities are a small price to pay for such a wonderful companion.
    • We do not condone the indiscriminate breeding of pit bulls, and do not allow posts relating to dogs for sale or stud, when there are countless homeless and unwanted pit bulls being put to death daily in America's shelters. While we support rescue efforts, we are not animal rights extremists. We denounce the mass extermination of pit bulls seized when dogfighters are arrested. Most of these dogs and puppies are similar in temperament to other APBTs and can be successfully placed in homes as pets or with working families. In addition, limited breeding programs, undertaken by knowledgeable and responsible breeders, are necessary to preserve the APBT for future generations.
    • Pit Bull Community rejects BSL as an unconstitutional infringement on the rights of Americans, based in a vicious prejudice that seeks to destroy an honorable tradition. Many people do not realize it, but there exists an entire culture and way of life in the United States built around caring for and raising APBTs. This breed is an important historical and cultural legacy, and the staff of Pit Bull Community believe that public safety is best served by preserving the APBT in its original form: as a game-bred dog.
    • We at the Pit Bull Community hope to increase public understanding and dispel the myths surrounding the APBT and the related breeds known as "pit bulls." Please, do your part to educate yourself and others, and save America's dog as well as life as we know it for the owners and lovers of this heroic breed!

11. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Who wrote that? They did an excellent job.

12. Marty

Marty Guest

We the staff, and thanks :D

13. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

I was not addressing you directly, and if you notice my original post the first thing i said was that the dogs needed more muscle structure, :)

14. TruPitLver

TruPitLver Big Dog

You obviously know nothing of how to care for a dog. With ANY breed, you aren't supposed to see the spine and ribs. A healthy dog's ribs and spine are not visible, as those dogs' are. They look hungry. Feed the poor things. You obvously aren't feeding them enough.

15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Actually Trupitlover, you are supposed to see some rib, and spine in a conditioned APBT, as well as other breeds as well.

16. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I also like the male best. I also think the dogs need some serious muscle definition work, which you already stated you were about to work on. What is their diet?

17. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

The first dog looks like it needs more work, it looks like a healthy house dog.

The next 2 look much closer to show ready but a little more muscle definition would help.

People, these are show dogs, not house pet Pet Bulls.

shadyridgekennel, your doing a good job, just need a bit more definition/cut on those muscles.

Seeing ribs and about 3-5 knuckles on the spine is what your looking for.

TruPitLver, you obviously know nothing about show quality animals. How do you expect your dog to do weight pulling when its body is loaded with internal fats?

Keep up the good work shadyridge, they're looking good.

18. thanks. we are feeding them a raw diet. and yes we still have alot of work to put into them.

19. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Awesome, raw diet. Sounds good, lets have some pics of the finished product when you are done if you don't mind.

20. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

These dogs look good to me. I agree with most of the posts the other people have posted. All the dogs look good, but just need a little more work. But hey isn't that the name of the game? Hell you can't get there if you don't get opinions and 2nd of all you'll never get to where you want to be if you don't make an attempt. GOOD LUCK and GOOD JOB.

You know I remember when I first joined this board. There were nothing but GAME DOG owners here. Then all of a sudden people with these over sized dogs aka (pitbulss in their eyes) started a mass flooding on the damn board. More power to those people who have them, but hey this is a game-dog board. If you don't like the standards for game dogs, don't be here. I mean honestly. This person cares a great deal about their dogs. OBVIOUSLY. I've seen a lot of so called DOG MEN who have dogs that look like shit and don't care for them worth a damn. Comend the guy for trying to do right. This board is to educate. I feel this is a thread where education should be used (which was posted by many), but the ones who BASH well....u know what you can do. If you feel your dogs are better..I say this.....let the dogs do the damn talking and then the problem, or whatever you want to call it will be settled. I have noticed that most of the people who do all the bashing either don't have any dogs or have 100+ pound dogs.

Good day,

XxKonnectionsxX