1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How do you contain your Pit Bull(s)?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Nov 6, 2004.

?

How do you contain your Pit Bull(s)?

1. Chain

138 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Cable Run

25 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. House

116 vote(s)
    41.3%
  4. Kennel

90 vote(s)
    32.0%
  5. Other

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Running Loose

13 vote(s)
    4.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

I hope the kennel you get is about eight feet tall with an extra fence on top with tarp, I'm changing my vote from kennel to chain because tonight my dog jumped over a 5 ft fence for his first time, 2 times!!! And he never has tried that stunt and he's already 1, so you'll be impressed what your dog does when he get more mature, I don't even let him around other dogs anymore he's starting to get dog agressive, that is a pit for you.

(They grow up so fast, :( LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2004
  2. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I use chains for most of my dogs.I had one of my blue males in a kennel for about 10 minutes.Thats how long it took him to chew through it,and he's not even aggressive.Just think of a dog who is.And as far as weight pulling goes,my dogs have no problem being on a chain and weight pulling.A good friend of mine is in the top ranks and all his are a chain gang.It all depends on the dog and how much you work with them.

3. soviet

soviet Pup

CHAIN v CHAIN LINE ????

Why is the chain better tahn the chain line ??? i always tought that the chain line is much more better tha the chain ??????? WHY IS THAT

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thats not the pit for you, thats the owner for you... My pit has grown up around all kinds of people and other dogs. He is very dog friendly little over two. He either plays or ignores other dogs, Cats? thats a diffrent story.

5. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

NO its not the owners fault, MOST APBT are dog agressive...its a TRAIT of the breed they were bred that way, you probaly do not have a game bred bulldog, and its cool that your dog is friendly with other dogs....but you cant go knocking other ppl if their dog is agressive towards other dogs.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It is my second pitbull maybe i have been lucky or jus discplined and socialized them enough. I am not a breeder so maybe I am wrong but from my experience its how they are raised. my first pit I actually donated to a police station. So I do not accept that ehhh its jus the pit. maybe thats why my dogs were not like that.
    When other dogs snipped at them? I pulled them away and didnt even let them try to figure out what being arressive is. Like I said maybe I am lucky or maybe since i dont breed them i have more time to give attention to the ONE dog i have at a time. but its jus my opinion. Actually my friend has a pit that is aggressive but she leaves it home all day while at work. and has another dog. so maybe thats it. My dog always has human contact through out the day and other dog contact too. So i go back to keepin them socialized.

7. Zoe2003

Zoe2003 Pup

I perfer to use a crate, my pit bull use to chew through the drywall on the corner of my walls so I really had no choice but to get her a crate.

8. i keep my two inside at night and i let them out on chains a couple times a day. but when i finally build a fence for my yard i will let them stay out there most of the day

9. idgie

idgie Big Dog

i used to think chains were awful - i thought it meant neglected dogs - but i completely changed my mind after having a pit bull. some of them can't be contained in other ways, and i really think the dogs do better and get better exercise on a chain than in a small crate or kennel. i have one in the house which is great, but only one can be in the house :)

also i don't like chain lines - they aren't strong enough and can get wrapped around something more easily. i have had some luck though with electric livestock fencing - a few of strands around a big area - with dogs that aren't very determined to leave. i don't like the underground electric fencing because those collars get expensive for multiple dogs and they chew them up like candy.

10. flower_31

flower_31 Pup

Mine stays in my "newly renovated" apartment (he decided there was not enough doors and made his own through my wall) but when he is outside it is always on a chain.

11. my 4 pits dont use any chains or boxes they rome around the yard and house. but when i walk them only 3 have leads 1 will stay next to me

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2004
  12. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

I have my dogs On Chains

13. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I use chains for now. As soon as the money comes in I'm going to get some kennels built.

14. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

We use chain set ups right now, but all my dogs were raised in the house and are house broke. We do have one that lives inside all the time. Anytime we have a litter the female becomes a house dog for a bit..lol

15. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

Keep Them In The Barn With Their Own Kennels...

16. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Wild And Free In The Back Yard We Have An 6ft Block Wall.

17. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

My girl is a year old and i keep her in a pen with 2 other year old dogs. The fence is only 4ft. Daisy will stand next to the fence and jump up and down. She could jump the fence if she really wanted to but she hasnt figured out how to go over it yet. When i move into my new place in a few weeks im going to set up a 8 foot fence and Daisy is going to get a nice chain set up.

18. Empire

Empire Big Dog

I use the chains and kennel method myself.

19. Marty

Marty Guest

This is the set up we have come up with ...The collar should be 2in heavyduty;)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2005
  20. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

Well right now I keep my baby girl Kendra in the Town House with me. Where I live at they do not accept pit bulls but I am buying a house in North Carolina so she will have more room to play.