1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How often do you check your hardware?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Dec 20, 2004.

?

Preventative Maintenance Frequency

1. Daily

75 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. Weekly

42 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Monthly

33 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. Quarterly

8 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Yearly

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Never

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. gene_sanchez

gene_sanchez Big Dog

very good topic...if every owner checks there dogs equipment there'd be less chance of a pit getting out..and causing more bad press..

2. Attila

Attila Guest

I also check it daily.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I thinks maintenece should be daily

4. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I try to look everytime I am outside feeding my female that is outdoors, just for my sake and her wellbeing.

5. xoxocheng

xoxocheng Pup

aha,weekly...

6. about something else

i need help with my acount, i cant do anything like post pics or anything.

7. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Re: about something else

You are still awaiting activation. Be patient and someone will help you soon.

8. i put them out daily so i check it daily ....the pole is cemented deep in the ground very deep.. lots of cement .and still i check it.. knowing the dogs could get loose and jump fence and be gone .. well ,then gotta make sure it doesnt happen .. and if you aint got the time to do it on schedule ..then maybe having a dog tied up outside for sun and air isnt a good choice.. better to hand walk and jog and play... ive learned alot about containment with these dogs ,, i had it easy when i had other breeds.. but these guys bounce like a rubber ball and climb fences like cats climb trees...they make me think all the time about being one step ahead.. every time i think i got the yard secure .. something else comes to my attention... good thing that privacy fence isnt too far from getting up now... gonna be nice.... the electric collars worked some.. but pagan doesnt care about getting shocked at all ..shes wore out many a battery already and doesnt show a care about getting shocked when her hackles are up.. the others well they learned fast and i got alot more peace from it...thanks to all that replied to that and assured me it would be ok...its appreciated

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I haven't been a really good checker on that situation, but didn't take me long to find out how important it was. When I installed my chain set-up, I figured it was good for at least a year. Boy, was I wrong. My Blue Merle Pit Mix had completly devastated the thing from all the running back and forth he does. His latch broke ,and I can tell you it was a shock to see him greet me at the door one morning. Now I check the whole set-up out about once a month.

10. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

I wish i would have checked mine alot more about two years ago. I lost ecko due to faulty clips on his chain.

11. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I check mine daily some times twice a day. I guess I'm a bit "paranoid" but I'd rather be safe then sorry... Boudreaux is the main one to watch because he used to snap everything so I put a little "spring do la hicky" on it and it absorbs the shock. Annabelle is tricky and gets outta her collars all the time so I have to keep hers tighter than normal and therefore I'm always making sure it isnt "too tight"...

12. binker

binker Big Dog

I check mine every day, a few minutes each day can save you alot of trouble.

13. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

I check my hardware daily. When I come in from work two dogs get turned in two seperate running pens for about an hour while I clean and check their chains and such. After i've chained em back up two more do the same thing while I do the same thing untill all 8 are done. Then I feed and water. My two youngest pups are in a 10x12x6 kennel (i'm gonna have to seperate them very soon) and I let them out for a couple of hours every evening while I scoop poop. My other pup is goin on a chain this week. I have a chain link fence around my yard with a divider and two 10x30x6 running pens and my pup kennel. My dogs stay chained unless i'm home.

14. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Weekly. Rolo got of his chain last week, so I will be checking more often than that. Has anyone else had problems with the brass snaps. On his, where the part that snaps to the collars and the swivel just came apart. The snap sliped right through.

15. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i checked mine just the other day i walked out and layed my arms on the fence and poww it shocked the fire smooth out of me,,,(electric fence) by accident,,, you talk about pep in your step,, escialally since its for cows and horses

16. I must check mine Weekly . I live near a highly populated housing area with strict rules on dogs. I also have children and feel much more comfortable knowing that preventitve maintance can prevent accidents. My dogs are very overprotective of my kids and don't tolerate anyone coming near them

17. Ella

Ella Pup

I don't chain my dog (he's the only one living in my house and our country doesn't allow us to make tie outs, it's considered animal cruelty :rolleyes: ). Other hardware is checked daily, which doesn't mean anything. Last week a huge bullsnap broke because my dog hit the end of the leash... luckily I always have a backupstrap.

18. Marty

Marty Guest

Bump... for the new members ;)

19. redripper

redripper Big Dog

Just bumping this thread cause its important.