1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

? how tall does a boudreaux dog get

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by 5men, May 1, 2007.

1. 5men

5men Pup

can any one help

2. 5men

5men Pup

i mean boudreaux american pit

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

The heighth, width, & looks all depend on genetics. You must take into account that particular pup/dog's pedigree in order to make an educated guess. But no matter what, one could only guess.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Mia is right. For example, the Rocky Biter dogs can be 20 + in. tall & can be up to 65 lbs. Mine on the other hand only was about 16 in. tall & weighed 38 lbs. But on the whole *most* Boudreaux dogs are around 16 in. tall & weigh around 45 lbs.

(This of course is a generalization.)

5. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

i really like them rocky biter dogs. gorgeous. :)

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I heard a lot of Rocky Biter dogs are man-eaters. I talked to a guy last week that had one & he was proud as punch about his 65 lb monster man-biter.

There is also a suspicion on the true breeding of Rocky Biter dogs, since they do not act like nor look like most Boudreaux dogs (too big & too HA).

Whether it's true or not I don't know. That's just the word on the street.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
    jaystreetsA4 likes this.
  7. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

well damn lol i never seen one upclose down from rocky biter only on peds. pretty dogs but if thats how they are nevermind lol love threads like this.

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yea, I was thinking of getting a Rocky Biter dog myself a couple of years ago, but a buddy of mine told me to pass b/c it would get way to big for what I preferred.

Then I talked to this guy last week & he told me Rocky Biter dogs are known for their aggressiveness & told me that a stranger couldn't even lay a hand on his Rocky Biter dog, even if he (the owner) was standing right there. :(

He was the one who told me that a lot of Boudreaux fanciers are beginning to question the Rocky Biter peds b/c a lot of the dogs off that line are coming out too big & too HA.

9. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

ouch :( name fits at least.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yea, well ... what really made me sad was how proud this guy was of his dog's HA. I told him our dogs were not supposed to be like that, but he wouldn't hear it. He told me his dog even tries to go after kids.

11. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

:mad:ugh. take it out back...

12. 5men

5men Pup

alright i talk to the lady from www.whiteoakbiterkennels.com she told my dog will be medium height because mother and father are medium height .

how tall is that the puppy he is 7 month
    you know what i measure him and he is 21

does anybody know how tall he will be or thats it he is not growing anymore

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

5men: If your pup is 21 in. @ 7 mos. he will probably mature out around 25 in. tall, depending on his genetics & what you feed.

jaystreet: I agree ... but he thought that dog was the best thing since sliced bread. I bet he won't once it gets loose, mauls a kid & he gets his a.. sued off.

14. 5men

5men Pup

well ABX
    what you think he he growing still in height or not

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

YES. HE IS STILL GROWING.

Don't you think you should have gotten this info BEFORE you bought? I'm sure Kay can tell you exactly how big he will get. Just ask her.

16. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

yeah that has been a suspicion for quite a while.i myself don't think they are boudreaux dogs for the fact that they are so human aggressive,and look so diffrent.so myself i don't class them as any form of Boudreaux dog,i think they were trying to cash in on a name and try and make it like a throw off bloodlind like eli and such.but now onto the original posters question if the dogs is a well bred boudreaux dog you can expect about 16-18 inches give or take a couple.like was already said really hard to tell untill it is all finshed with.

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You know Old Timer it's odd you say that b/c I was told a couple years ago that a very famous dogman (whom I shan't name here) thought the same thing.

18. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I run in small circles, but I have a male dog that is tight bred nigerino on the bottom and Black Biter on top. He is mayby 15 or 16" tall and weighs about 38#'s. What does he look like? well, his picture is in my sig pic. Is he ha? Not one bit. He is the most humanly docile animal on the property. What does he think about other dogs? He loves them! Loves the taste of them I mean. That is how he acts, cause all he wants another dog for is a chew toy!
    So, you hear all kinds. and it could well be that someone hung papers on one of them offsprings, but that should not slam the whole line should it? Some folks hear, and some experience. And I am just telling you what I live with, not hear say.

"Edit"
    And if the dog was no good, dont think I would be still feeding it. I do believe in cur medication.

19. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i think i know who your meaning.did he also run Boudreaux dogs?

20. 5men

5men Pup

does any body know when a puppy stop growing