1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

? how tall does a boudreaux dog get

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by 5men, May 1, 2007.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Please show me a quote where I called you a "basher".

And please show me where I called you a liar. ;)

An you did say this,"But since you have a dog in this fight, truth goes by the wayside "

Yes, I did say that. And it is true. Truth often does go by the wayside when one had a "dog in the fight." Those who have a vested interest in a circumstance often have a biased opinion. In this particular case, your dogs have WOB in their peds so you would logically not want to hear anything negative about any WOB dogs.

would you not call a person who lets "truth go by the wayside" a liar?

Not if they didn't tell a lie. But I do think you are in denial. But I do not think it is anything personal. I just think it is b/c you have a vested interest in the subject at hand.

Then you begin to attack my yard

To my knowledge I never said anything about your yard. Where are you getting this?? :confused:

I never said your dogs were good, bad or indifferent b/c I do not know any thing about your dogs. The only thing I said concerning your dogs was that your opinion on the matter may be biased b/c you have WOB in your dogs' peds & thus could have a vested interest in WOB dogs looking the best they can. I think this is called a "conflict of interests." But I never addressed your dogs specifically in any way.

I am sorry for your loss,

You are confusing me further. What loss? :confused:

but slamming a yard, and someone else who simply says, "the person your talking about should be allowed to defend themselves" says allot about your character.

Yes, it says I speak the truth regardless of the circumstance. I like you & I like Kay & I have nothing against either of you. But I will still speak the truth on a matter.

Please, if you have anything else to say to me pm, otherwise, I will not
    respond to your ranting anylonger on this, or any other thread.

I am not ranting my friend. Every post I have composed quietly & carefully.

Like I said, I could say a whole lot, but will not.

That is fine. I will try to keep my responses to a minimum as well.

And as to the thing about dogs on my yard ...

Again, no one said anything about the dogs on your yard. :rolleyes:

Before I say anything about a line, I get one, PERSONALLY, maybe two or three, and see what they are like, BEFORE I would put it down.

That is cool. But I myself will trust the word of an experinced dog men as well. For example, I do not have to go out & get hit by a bus to find out it hurts. I will take the word of those who know better! ;)

And again, I would like to take the time to stress there are good & bad in every line & not all WOB dogs are bad (you seem to overlook the fact I said that about WOB dogs several times). But there ARE little quirks in the WOB line.

Because of this, I have had MANY that I have culled.

I believe that. I get the impression you are very hard on your dogs & are a good dog man.

I will be quiet now, as I am wanting to say some things that wouldn't be conducive to this forum.

That is fine. I also have a whole lot more on my mind I could share, but will not. I sent you a PM so way we can let ths thread get back on track.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  2. tom9783

tom9783 Pup

Well i'm gonna jump in here. just to clear up some stuff, not to start an argument. I've known floyd since i was 12 and i'm 44 my dad knew him from as far back as you can imagine. His dogs can be different sizes, shapes and colors i have never seen a blue ever in his line. somebody selling you a bill of goods. as far as size i've seen them go big he just culled them out was all. those were crosses he had made. as far as man biters thats in all pit gene anybody thinks other wise is misinformed to say the least. Look at some of the greatest pitdogs in history. Zebo, homer, chinaman,bullyson,banjo, the list goes on and on all known manbiters. Ask hammond about the dog he has tied up by his back fence to keep out dog thiefs, tudor had a dog he kept liquior under it's dog house to keep the feds from finding it. a manbiter a bad one. Do your history folks these dogs are not for everyone. Don't buy a pit dog for a house pet these are not collies. Think folks, and if you think that lovable little porch pit you have won't bite someone think again thats a false sence of sercurity. yis Tom...

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

You're right. But history also shows a side of pit dogs playing with the owner's children, lying in bed with children & being an allover dog. These dogs aren't Dobermans either.

However, we're glad to have you here as our obvious love & respect for Mr. B. is mutual. :)

My 2 dogs from Mr. B. are 32lbs & 38lbs respectively (Cocoa being smaller while PawPaw is larger) & neither are over 16 inch.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That's messed up you calling Rook a paper hanger. I have heard nothing but good things about him.

Also, I know a gentleman who mentored under Mr. B & I was told Mr. B's dogs DO come in all colors, to include blue, although it is rare.

5. 5men

5men Pup

i have a puppy from floyd line and he is great with my niece and nephew

maybe
    socialize
    is the key

6. tom9783

tom9783 Pup

First i did not have floyd as a (mentor) and if you find a dog that is blue it did not come off floyds yard. somebody bred blue into his bloodline and then claimed it was a from floyds yard. If you don't believe me call him he'll tell you. lots of folks like to say they bought dogs from floyd most lie and get the dogs from someone else who breeds indiscrimantly to all sorts of outcrossed stuff to put it mildly. i lived close to floyd for over ten years. I've never seen blue dogs in any of his litters so whoever told you that is full of it. yis tom

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

This gentleman also only lives a short distance from Mr. B & is close to him personally. Last time I was there, he & Mr. B spoke on an almost daily basis. He has probably been in the dogs longer than you have been alive & is a good & honest dog man that has no reason to lie.

The fact is, any bloodline that has black & dilute in it can throw blue. Blue is not a color, nor is there any "blue gene." Instead, blue is the result of a gene called "dilute" acting on a BLACK coat. If dilute acts on red, the dog will be red/rednosed. If dilute acts on black, the dog will be blue.

Dilute was introduced into the Boudreaux bloodline through his outcrosses to the Red Devil blood & what w/ his line now being heavily bred black, the fact that a blue could pop up is easily conceivable.

Now, from what I understand, they did not come up in that line very often, maybe 1 in every 500 pups (or 500 litters? I can't remember which), but from what I was told, they DID occur, albeit rarely.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  8. tom9783

tom9783 Pup

I was not saying there not small dogs what i was saying is they come in all sizes. I've had the privlidge to have Thompson's roughneck on my yard for a breeding it was the last dog sold off floyd's yard that dog is 48 pounds at sport weight. and a 2w a very game dog and i would not leave him around kids alone. my point is these dogs can range in size and temperment.

9. tom9783

tom9783 Pup

Who is your friend? and him and i will have a long talk about it on the phone. By the way i'm 44 so how old is your friend. thats right your busted. Tom

10. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

She's talking about Titan Rook man. He's was a good guy from what I hear and had good dogs. Titan Rook's Ghost was bout from Eppinette Kennels not from Floyd, though. I am not sure whether or not Mr. B claims to never have had blue dogs, but this is one is 90% Boudreaux. I doubt the dilute gene came by the Frisco blood. Maybe thru Hobb's Tuffy and the Bolio stuff but doubt it.

Edit: Oh yea here is the ped. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=93018

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

If blue is nothing more than a dilution of black (aka gray/grey) then why would it have to be that someone bred blue into the line? And adding 1 blue dog into the mix wouldn't guarantee blue pups by any means.

12. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

You don't breed 'blue' into the line. It comes from the dillute color 'red/rednose' normally x black coat = dark blue/grey. That is how my game/amstaff cameabout. Now when you start taking a blue coated dog and breeding it with another dilluted color now your just adding color.

13. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I wasn't aruing with you over size. Where did you come up with that? I gave the size/wt. of my 2 dogs also from Floyd's personal yard to the o.p. That's all.

And I wouldn't ever leave a dog alone with a kid regardless of breed, size, weight, whatever. And I also understand dogs have different temperaments. But IMO it seems you are talking up the ill tempered dogs as to if they are to your like & are more the breed standard than the good tempered ones.

And for personal record, I got the privelage of owning an awesomely bred animal that was owned & worked by someone else before I acquired him. He was a tightly bred Boudreaux dog, a beautiful specimen, & would've enjoyed life in my yard had he not sunk his canines into my upper right thigh. He was shot that same afternoon. And I would do it again in a heartbeat.

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

No shit. ;) I was just explaining that to Mr. "Some had to have bred blue into the line because no Boudreaux dogs throw blue dogs".

15. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well first question i have for ya is can you PM me your name so i can verify what you are saying? you are right they can vary in sizes but not to much so if your trying to say a 90 pound dog is a Boudreaux dog your wrong there.the norm is somewhere in the mid 40's lower 50's.now onto blue it is a fact that a blue dog could pop up in this line of dogs just as it could with any other line of dogs.thats just genetics and there is not anything you can do about it.as was already stated it is just a dilute of black so this line runs the same chance as any other of producing a blue dog.now onto manbiters there is cases of man fighters but it is a pretty rare deal and on my yard as is the case with most any good dogman they get the bullet because they are just to much of a liabilty to own.both in everyday life and for the pit.this is a pretty touchy subject with me so i am not going to go much past that i don't belive in them,and if it shows ANY sign on my yard it is shot on the spot,no chances are given.and it is just ridculious for you to say it is a part of their gene to bite humans and that you just deal with it,nothing could be further from the truth.it sounds to me like you got your education from what you see on the news with a comment like that one.but what is a fact is that it is part of the pitbulls gene to not bite humans and in fact they are 100 times less likely to do so.and further more pitdogs are completely safe around children i have had several good dogs in the box who i could completely trust my children around.if i couldn't trust them 100% around people they wouldn't be on my yard.and again that comment you made kind of sounds like something the news folks say.you can not trust a pitbull around children they always bite,a fighting dog is indiscrminate in what it goes after it could be human or animal,pitbulls are not good pets and so on and so forth.if you want my honest opinion i think you are some AR BSL pusher trying to stir up trouble on here and get into a discussion about dogfighting.i guarentee you next 2 questions out of your mouth after you read this post is going to be well whats your name,and what dogs of yours were good fighting dogs.so i will anwser ahead of time.as far as my name everyone already knows that around here and most other places so just ask around,and as far as dogs well thats information i don't think your privy to just yet.

Pirbul likes this.
  16. 5men

5men Pup

oh man dont do that anymore because you are killing the blood line and all you getting is nothing color dont matter in a game dog it never did .
    mixing different blood line is not a good idea your losing the dogs characteristic
    example like mother like daughter or like father like son .

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Mr. Tom - I shan't name the person who I referred to, b/c calling out personal names on this board is against the rules, but I will say his intials are FD. Seeing as you live so close to Mr. B. & he does as well, you may know him. As for his age, I think he is in his 60s, so he has a few years on you. ;)

The fact is, one does not need to get blue to get blue. All you need are black & rednose, both of which are found in the Boudreaux line. In fact, my very 1st litter I had had 5 blue pups in it. Guess what? The sire was black & the bitch was red/blacknosed. But both the male & female carried dilute & since the male was black, I got blue.

And as mentioned by Mia, blue does not guarantee anything either. J. Persinger worked like heck to get blue pups out of his dog Watchdog's Blu Glory & last I spoke to him he said he never did get a blue pup out of her, even though she was blue.

As for Ghost, he was bred by Titan Rook & was sired by Skull & out of a daughter of Skull named Friskull. Rook is very upstanding breeder. Ghost was owned by Eppinette Kennels but Epp has since sold the dog.

18. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well not intirely true.it is not guarenteed that a father is going to produce a son just like him and same with a mother.infact there is no way of knowing if they will produce any gamedogs untill the pups reach a certain age.i understand where your coming from but it is not a good practice to think that they will produce them selfs if you just keep it really tightly bred.and also you do at times need to put some fresh blood in your line,introduce a diffrent dog from the same line of dogs that has a slight outcross or a diffrent line that would compliment your line.infact inbreeding should be left only to those who really know what they are doing with the animals and know their stock inside and out because it has to be damn near close to perfect,because all inbreeding does is it contains and magnifies what is in your line good or bad and it can bring some shit out of their that most folks wouldn't even think was in there.inbreeding is only for very very high quailty stock.and it is a tool that should only be used by someone who really knows what they are doing.

19. tom9783

tom9783 Pup

I have no interest what ur name is. whoever you are you don't know boudreux blood at all. and have twisted what i said to fit ur own agenda. as far as bsl you seem to know alot about how people do that don't you. like you've done that before huh? and ur dogs who cares. thats all i have to say about that. now you done?

20. Michele

Michele Guest

Tom9783: LMAOOO....One thing these people here know is their history so please don't insult them. One thing I know is that the apbt is NOT supposed to be HA at all. They were not bred that way. Could it be possible that some of your dogs got some bad blood in them?

And another thing is that plenty of people own this breed as a house pet without incident.

And I have to agree with OldTimer regarding BSL....