1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how to read a pedigree

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by dixieandbacon, Jul 16, 2005.

1. how to read a pedigree i put a pic of the ped on here

ok i just got paris's 7 generation pedigree back from adba. is there a site i can go to that will help me understand how to read this thing and also a sight i can go to to research her ancestors.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2005
  2. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

the dog above your dogs name is the sire(male/father)...the dog below your dogs name is the dam(female/mother)..and so on..the Males are always on top and Females are on the bottom.

3. i got that part. but i have the lines all the way over to her mother and father but what is all the other ones below the line. it's a 7 gen ped. i'm confused maybe i can run a copy of it and you can explain it to me on my ped.

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

basically its.......

................................................-Fathers father
    ...........................-your dogs dad
    ...............................................-Fathers mother
    your dog
    ................................................-Mothers father
    ..........................-your dogs mom
    ...............................................-Mothers Mother

So on and so forth.....as stated males always on top femals always on bottom.

5. thanks guys

6. madpit

madpit Pup

7. if you start from the right of the form go start over to the sire and dam of my pup there are dogs on the same line above and below the sire and dam. what is that brothers and sisters. i will try to take a pic to show you what i am talkin about.if you start to the right and go to the left that is yours parents and grand parents and great grans and so on. so what are the dogs above and below them. i no i am sounding like a complete dumbass sorry i can't fiqure it out.

8. here is what i am talking about this is just the top part of the pedigree. the fathers part[​IMG]

9. crap i meant to put wilkinsons rascal flatts is my puppys father. i wrote it on the paper as "this is my dogs" i meant to put this is my dogs father. i no ya'll think i am retarded. i have never had a 7 gen ped before just the normal 2 or 3 the 7 gen is confusing.

10. madpit

madpit Pup

-rox(sire) and leanne(dame) are the parents of rascal flatts, jake man(sire) and white cloud(dame) are the parents of rox, badger(sire) and gypsy(dame) are the parents of white cloud, the cherry point honky(sire) and private tootsie(dame) are the parents of gypsy, cherry point willie(s) and cherry point frankie(d) are the parents of private tootsie.
    - hoss(s) and darcy(d) are the parents of rough boy.
    -rough boy and spooky are the parents of lucky, ninja and chinaman lady are the parents of spooky, garner's chinaman and beauty t are the parents of ninja.

11. madpit

madpit Pup

Attached Files:

• ped.jpg
      ped.jpg
      File size:
      81.7 KB
      Views:
  12. oh i got it duh!!! thanks alot for the help. does that look like a good ped it's got a lot of j.crenshaw,garners,