1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How valuable is a dog with no papers?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ChevyNova06, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Phyzzle

Phyzzle Big Dog

Re: How valueable is a dog with no papers?

I use paper work.. Why not.. It's olny the right thing to do.. you were giving a birth Cer.when you were born.. No different.. Ya come with a pedigree big deal.. But you really don't know these days.with hung paper work. So I also have all mine D.N.A profiled.. But some people are cheap and won't spend a few dollars on them.. POINT BLANK.. Paper trail is a bunch of shit.... it's the cost of the papers that people run away from(A.D.B.A) The higher priced and (B.F.K.C) is the Cheapest...Or they lost it..or they never sent it in.... I don't care what anyone else dose or says but that's my opinion ..but mine are Registered.. Some with A.D.B.A and some with S.D.R and also B.F.K.C and A.A.D.R... but it is True a Bulldog is a Bulldog...

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

that was a funny post there phyzzle .

3. Phyzzle

Phyzzle Big Dog

Thank you.. I am glad I made some one laugh....lol..lol

4. gimwitag

gimwitag Big Dog

I rather Papered especially if I want to put my hound up for stud I gotta show where he comes from. I believe that a small percentage of a dogs pedigree is bullshit but I will still get the papers for myself " you gotta know where you come from to know where your going". give me the paper

5. hi-tek kennels

hi-tek kennels Big Dog

The way ppl Hang papers n the way ppl are out 2 make a$ it dnt even mater!!!!!

6. atown

atown Pup

lmao, none of my dogs are regsitred , i got the papers or certs but never sent in and will not, a good dogs is worth what he is not what a piece of paper says , your kidding right
    take your papers to the box , see what you win ,

7. capo

capo Big Dog

(.believe none of whay you hear and half of what you see.)

8. Re: How valueable is a dog with no papers?

This is a question that touches on many different facets of modern ownership of the breed. What determines the value of a dog? A number here feel that it's value is not complete if it does not have some alien entity endorse what the onwer says. But this is really only political and geared toward generating income as can be clearly seen when you consider that it's the owner himself who pays an entity or registry in this case, to endorse what he tells them. Is that crazy or what? So what really is the value of having a dog registered? I would say that value is around 25 bucks more or less if that's what they are charging to register a pup.

However, it is my opinion (and it's not the right one or the only one but it's mine), that if you have to post this question or even consider this topic then your dog is not worthy of being bred much less studed out. I am not saying this to criticize your dog, he may be a good one. But if he were truly worthy of being bred then people who have seen him earn his merits would come to you and ask you to breed to him and they would not be asking about no papers. Also, I will let you in on a little secret... before anyone who is serious about their dogs even considers breeding to one outside their yard they will want to see what that dog has already produced in order to make an informed choice.

9. gimwitag

gimwitag Big Dog

your right atown paper dont mean shit at the dance but when you keep breeding shity dogs dont ask why, just say I aint got no paper. I mean A dog is good and all if he can get the job done in the dance but if he cant pass that trait on or you cant find what niks well with him then he aint shit.

10. Buzzard

Buzzard Pup

This post kind of supports the "seller's tool" theory. Like Gringo said, anybody serious about owning serious hounds will have seen or heard about your stud or his producing and ask you to breed to him. Too many people out there think their dog is worth being bred just because of his papers. Most of these same people have never even looked at what they got. I don't need a pretty piece of paper from a registry to tell me how my dogs are bred I knew that before I got them. And it ain't about collecting fees and selling puppies to me so if they have to see some paper they can go to craigslist and breed or buy from a peddler.

11. Re: How valueable is a dog with no papers?

There is a difference between not having papers and not knowing how a dog is bred. A lot of people don't have papers but know how a dog is bred better than most know about their papered dogs.

12. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

I don't register any dogs. The real ones know what their looking at. I've seen bred mutts and I've see BYB bulldogs. The best line of dogs I know haven't been registered in years. It's all about what you breed. If you breed good animals then papers won't determine the value of an animal. But if he's that good why stud him out? Why not keep the blood to yourself?

13. Re: How valueable is a dog with no papers?

[video=youtube;Ll3uipTO-4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A[/video]

14. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

Papers are "useful" but without a good dog fronting them , have no "value". The value comes from those who "know" the dogs. Not only what's in front of them , buy why their seeing what they see. Papers give you an idea for a educated guess to what might work with what's in front of you(known) if you chose to breed outside your circle/yard with someone else stock(unknow).... because you don't have first hand knowledge. If you KNOW the dogs that made up the foundation behind the outside yard you'll have a better idea if it will help your yard or not based on the (educated guess) papers. This is done with hand written peds as well. So it fall's to where your trust lies... in the breeder or the registry. Only a few can honestly say in both. Where does the registry get the original info ?

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

you don't think you can cheat on a registries papers ? it's easy to do .

16. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

I only trust the pedigree, when I personally knows where the dog comes from and who wrote thatpedigree. NB: WROTE that pedogree. Only a few I trust with these dogs, as very few will give you Bulldogs, most will sell you Bullshit. Sounds close, but are a whole lot different.

17. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I respect u for the dogman u are atown so please don't take my post or opinions personal..u have papers for ur hounds so obviously u asked for ur papers when u got ur hound so why not give the next man papers just like u got urs???...I mean ur in Mexico so no harm can come to u!...if papers weren't that important then why do u have them??

18. gimwitag

gimwitag Big Dog

This is my point exactly I mean if I didnt care about how the dog is bred then I wouldnt care for papers but I do care how the dogs is bred if its coming to my place, If I didnt then I would go and get A pound puppy. Another thing you cant trust some peoples memory or even the individual.

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

most guys know exactly how there dogs are breed if they seen them breed . you can only go by what you seen and hope the rest is good . registering does'nt make the pedigree true .

20. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

"you don't think you can cheat on a registries papers ? it's easy to do" . I believe "YOU" can as they (registry) take the woman/mans word of who's registering the dogs/litters papers. Unless they have a reasons(prof) to doubt the info is accurate. Now with that said , if I can't trust "you" then there's no need to go any further with or without papers.