1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How young to put two pups outside

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MIKA, Apr 7, 2007.

1. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

Hey folks, I just rescued two 6wk old female pups. I have several chain link kennels and was wondering at what age would be ok to put the pups outside in one of the kennels. My adult dogs can't get to the kennel I have in mind for them. They are sisters and will stay together till time to chain them. It is getting down in the 20's at night here so i'm not puttin em out when it's that cold. I have dog houses in all my kennels and for all my adults. The houses have straw in em. Right now they stay in my kitchen on the tile and are doin great usin the paper for potty. Thanks for any advice from you wonderful folks. MIKA

2. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I would perssonaly keep them in and away from other dogs until they have all their puppy shots and have been started on parasite prevention.

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Right, we keep pups confined until they run through their vaccine schedule. After that, they are in a kennel together on the yard until they grow too large or problems arise. Most of them, are too large and fiesty for kennels by 5-6 months, and go on a very light "teaser" chain.