1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

HTK's LuLu..03-05

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by TabDogs, Apr 26, 2005.

1. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

sadly our LuLu passed away today...She was an excellent bitch and one of the best I have had the opportunity to lay eyes on..LuLu girl you ment the world to me you were an honest bulldog who went before her time...You were in your prime girl... There wont be a day or moment you wont be on my mind, as I look at the empty chain space from the window as I type this my eyes water up. You will be greatly missed girl and ALWAYS in our thaughts. One day we will meet agian, but until then girl your pups will hold their heads high and proud as did you... We Love you LuLu...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2005
  2. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

Oh, Emily - I am SO sorry to hear this. If you need an ear, you can call me. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

3. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

It's sad to hear just by reading that I can feel your pain. What else can go wrong today.

4. sorry, to hear that, he was one of my fav to and I didnt know her.

I am sorry for ur lose, ill pray for you.

5. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

i am so sorry to hear that, best wishes to you and yours, :(

6. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

You have my condolences......

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I"m so sorry :(......if you ever need someone to talk to, vent to, cry to, I'm here......

8. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

Sorry to hear about Lulu. :( I'll keep both you and her in my thoughts.

9. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

always sad to hear about a loss you and yours will be in my thoughts all day

10. SouthALknls

SouthALknls Big Dog

Im sorry to hear about your loss. Is she the one that just had the litter of pups? ...what happened?

11. hey sorry about losing your dog, but what happened to her to die at only 2 years of age? i have a friend that had to same thing to his male that was only 16 months old and the vet couldn't find any reason for him passing. so i was thinking his and your female's body was not working right cause just to die from getting out of "puppy hood" is just weird, right?

12. 440rider

440rider Guest

sorry to hear of your loss

13. jankab

jankab Top Dog

My condolences...

14. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Sorry for your loss!

15. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Im So Sorry There Nothin Like The Pain Of Loseing A Dog.

16. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

OK..havent been on the computer in a few days..This is a long story so here it goes...LuLu had a litter of 10 pups on 4-14. She ended up being a puppy killer, after the first pup was born and cleaned off and started to cry, she went after it.. we took each pup from her as it was born..Since the colostium is so important we were muzzling her and holding her down to nurse the pups every 2 hours. From the day the pups were born she refused to eat anything. But would drink water. All she did was stay in her doghouse. Well we chacked for a retained pup or placenta...none was there..so the obvious thing was her being tramatized from the whole expirence...so after 3 days of not eating we began spoon feeding her, which was a disaster...she would either throw it up or not swallow it at all...Then she began to show signs of mastitis. We began treatment for the mastitis, and being that she was weak from refusing food, we started an IV drip on her..the next day she seemed to steadily go down hill..The whole time she never ran a temp(just to let people know a dog can have mastitis even with no high temp). We took her into the Vet at 6:00am..the only vet we trust lives 2 hours away..so we left about 4:00am. He immediantly started another IV drip and tried to boost her electrolytes..Her blood work was looking normal and her uterus was clean. So basically she had early mastitis(which was almost clear from the treatment we started her on) and was strarving her self. About 6 hours later LuLu passed away..The only reason the vet could give me was that basically she starved herself and was fighting all treatment(food, Iv) . What I want people to know is that when you breed a dog it is alot more complicated than mating 2 dogs and then the dog has pups thats the end..its not, when you breed dogs you have to be prepared for any and every possible thing that could go wrong. If we had known that LuLu would have passed, we would NEVER had done the breeding. period. Since the pups were 1 week we have been handraising them all. Honestly I dont know the last time I have had sleep...The pups are all strong and healthy. They are doing very well. Thanks so much everyone for the kind words, it means alot right now. Everyone take care and thanks again!!

17. SMILES

SMILES Big Dog

She was a nice looking female. I am now what its like to lose such a good dog.

You just keep her pups and hope that thay turn out as nice of a dog that there mom was.

18. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Very sorry Tab.......dogs are like children to me.

19. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

glad to hear the pups are ok but i'm soorry to hear of your loss. Keep your head up.

20. dmd66

dmd66 Big Dog

be strong, good luck with the pups