1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hunting dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by fblb, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

patterdale for small stuff and i like American bulldogs when it comes to hogs

2. lansford101

lansford101 Banned

ive seen american bull dogs drop like flys here it gets super hot and they cant cope with it and cant keep up but if u time it right ive also seen them hold pigs by them selfs

3. QUICKFIRE

QUICKFIRE Pup

Jack Russell's, BMC,lurchers

4. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Patterdales and JRT's

5. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

no one mentioned dogo... r they rare in USA

6. kdue

kdue Big Dog

setters and pointers. bird hunting is fun!!!

7. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

not really like they use too but i don't think they hog hunt them here as much as they do in other countries.

8. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

jrt, and crosses generally, irish wolfhound/bull arab best hunting dog i had was a staffordxwhippet , for general farm vermin ie rabbits,hares and foxes that dog just waiting for the jrt to flush out the prey then either pin em on the way out or chase em down and hit em for six.

in the eighties we had a purebred dingo which was the best nose dog we ever saw and smart as a scientist , and real real quiet.

have seen a couple of filaxdane that were nothing short of awesome on the pigs.
    the guy put the dane over so the dogs would stop fanging them selves as the filas have huge jowls, they were huge dogs one of his boys heads is about three or four times the size of a grown mans head, no lie.

9. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

i dont see there being a better dog than a WELL bred dogo, in terms of big game hunting.

10. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

"Strays" crossed with "Street dogs", best all around dogs. ;)

11. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

whats workin best for me for hogs, bmc's find em like none other, catahoulas keep em bayed like none other, and an apbt catches better than any

12. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Picture please. I like the sounds of it.

13. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

It depends on what you are hunting, if you are going for rabbits, JRT and Patts. If you are talking about big game, catahoula x apbt, black mouth cur x apbt, and I'm not exacty positive about the abilities of RRB's but the few that I've seen were fearless and were really impressive when hunting boar.

14. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Big Dog

Fila brasileiro for tracking (and some of em hold ) Dogo argentino for the holding

15. flame

flame Pup

down here in aus any breeds make a hog dog dogs i have used are ..bull x greyhound ,great dane bullmastiff pointer crosses staghound crosses all with good success will try post some pics of previous dogs soon

16. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

patt, jrt, border, beddy

gwp

bull lurcher

17. wow thats beautiful

18. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

Ive seen a jrt win a bay contest,lil faulker worked kinda like a bull fighter, I think wild terrain may be a lil too much for them to handle, u ever seen em bay hogs in the wild?

19. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

A jrt winning a bay contest!?!?! Now that is hard to believe and I would never thought of it LOL.

20. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I like dogos and I like the way this jrt was ratting but we'll see when I start hunting ;)