1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by garth, Sep 19, 2010.

1. garth

garth Big Dog

Most of those that live on the south an east coast of the U.S. have to deal with them from time to time,how do you and your dogs cope?As in this moment an time I'm having to deal with Igor,it's only a cat 1 but is 800 miles in size.Luckly still have power,dogs are in kennles in my cellar.This storm has been with us since 8:00am this morning an to cont till tomorrow evening.

2. popper

popper CH Dog

Lets see ... i have battled Katrina ( the worse with the dogs, didnt think some were gonna make it), rita , gustav, and ike.... i packed up for gustav and rita... loaded the dogs up and stayed with the girl i was dating at the time in Baton Rouge.... My buddy came along with me to help out.... But everything went okay except for the RIDE OUT OF TOWN... bumper to bumper traffic for 12 HOURS STRAIGHT!!! had to stop to walk the dogs and let em out on interstate. man it was hell that drive..... as long as pwer doesnt go out or doesnt flood, everything is good. best thing money can buy is generator... i now keep a pantry full of tuna fish , stacked evo dog food , and canned salmon for the dogs , along with some evo canned food.... katrina i
    ran ... out of food man ,, i was freaking out for the dogs. Good luck my man and stay safe...... hopefully that power doesnt shut off

3. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i got to many to leave,besides love a good storm.ivan was the only major storm id been in with this many dogs.make sure you got what you need or drive 100 miles to get what you need.

4. garth

garth Big Dog

I live on a 21 mile long island so driving a 100 miles is a no no,can't run any where.