1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I have a question for everyone here...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rockstar, May 2, 2007.

1. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

This whole thing with Ingrid Newkirk calling for the destruction of the breed has raised a question in my mind: What would you do if the United States forced a nationwide ban on pit bulls?

2. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Well, if the ban happened at this very moment, I would not be able to leave the country. I'd probably be forced to hide my dogs, because I would not give them up for the world. Even though mine are mutts, they'd still be labeled "pit bulls" to the general populations. I wouldn't be able to take them to the vets, out for walks, or anything.

If it happened say, ten years from now, I'd probably pick up and leave.

3. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Birdie would be safe, she is a service dog.

Petey would go to Canada & live with a friend of our family that I trust completely until we could move.

Yes, I will leave this country if pit bulls are banned. We've talked about moving out of the country before, it's just a matter of where we would go and what the laws are pertaining to our dogs.

I've lived overseas before, wouldn't bother me to do it again. I pick up languages quickly.

4. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

exterminate Ingrid Newkirk

easy fix

PitBull_30 likes this.
  5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I would have to hide my dogs I guess. Loki might be able to qualify for a service dog with the stuff she knows, and with the laws being the way they are, I wouldn't have to prove anything. ETA: But I would never give up the fight. Ever. Laws can be repealed,

6. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Well, if existing dogs would be grandfathered in...

I would continue my education here, as I already have my eyes set on a paticular college. I would not be able to move for a while, as it would not be practical.

7. I guess own a whole bunch of bulldog or boxer mixes ;) if that happens

8. Attila

Attila Guest

Simply this country wouldn't be worth living in at that point and I would leave it. I have already made plans to leave if that hillary thing gets into office. Either of those would be just another nail in the coffin of the USA. Further degrigation of moral fiber of Americans. Any one that votes for shit like that deserves what they get in return.

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I would keep my dogs in hiding. I would stay in the country, but if that ever happened, I would join a militia, and if the sh*t went down, I would fight for our country, not the horrible place it had become...
    If it wasn't as dramatic as all that, then I would just keep my dogs in hiding. Notch is an Amstaff, but they'd probably qualify him as a pit, so I'd just have to get black mark medication to take care of them. I definately wouldn't hand them over.

10. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

i completely agree, it would cease to be America.

the day my country turns its back on me is the day America is no longer my country. I would hide my dogs, and defend them if i had to until i could move.

11. Attila

Attila Guest

Ya'll are welcome to come with me to Belize to live. I wil have to drive down and back a few times to get all my cars there alone. lol

12. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

This is going to be an interesting election. Giuliani hates Pit Bulls, my husband wont let me vote for Obama because of his err... origins, and then there's Hillary. So who here wants to run for pres? ;)

13. Attila

Attila Guest

I qualify for age and several other factors but I lack the funds and I have ethics and morals I live by so I would never make to round one. Mike Huckabee started champaining. He is the Govenor of Arkansas now. He would make a fine president if he could ever hold out to the likes of the liberal machines that currupt all that is good.

Wilhiem

14. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

Well if the USA ban Pit Bulls they better make cocaine and marijuana illegal also. Hmmm, they already banned those drugs, didn't they?? I see that worked well. Would work just as well with dogs too.

Ferk out

15. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well since I do not have the funds to up and move if it were to happen tomorrow. They would be concealed until I could move. I live in the country right now. On a State Hwy. And about 1/4 mile or so (not sure) off the rd. Might not be a problem to hide. But they would have to pry them from my cold dead hands. Sorry JMO.

16. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I would say fuck them and move to the middle of no where and have them anyways and breed my own.

17. Suki

Suki Guest

hmmmm, looks like i might be having this very same dilema, right in my back yard, ...

what to do.....

hide the dogs, until a safer place can be found to rehome...
    sux to even have to MAKE these concessions/considerations....
    land of the "free"?????:confused: ???????

18. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Bad thing about that idea is that drug plants are not in any registry or database, as most dogs are. That is the whole issue I have with registering a dog.
    I'd imagine that anyone who even used to have dogs in the registry would be checked out. Not so bad for those of us who live in the country, as we have the woods to hide them in.

I would not willingly hand my dogs over. They would have to forcably take them, if they could find them.
    As to those that are gona bail, you better go ahead and go, because this country is about to be judged for it's wickedness, and the longer it takes for it to come, the more severe it will be. If God does not judge this country, then He is not the God of the bible! Only hope is for those who are sold out to Jesus, as they will find supernatural provision, even though they will be prosecuted!

Seems like politicians would rather have childmolesters running around than bulldogs, and if that aint wicked, I dont know what is!

19. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

My thoughts exactly.

20. Stop registering your dogs, on databases and on vet visits start claiming mixes of other breeds. Pretty soon you have no real connection to any of this. This is assuming they don't go on witch hunts for APBT's.