1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I have a stupid ?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by flip, Mar 20, 2006.

1. flip

flip Pup

I was wondering excatly how do u track back to find out the bloodline of a dog. I guess basically the family tree. I have 2 pups I would like to do this with. I have papers on the pups but have not sent them in yet. I was told by the guy I bought the pups from 2 wait till they r a little older 2 send them in so the pic will b closer to what they look like when they r older. I was also told they r SLAVANT bloodline i not even sure if that is a bloodline. As u can tell yes I'm new to this so help would b much appecaited :)

Thanks,
    Flip

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Never heard of Slavant, but doesnt mean it is not a bloodline. To determine the bloodline of your dog, you must read the pedigree and find out what blood your dogs ancestors come from.

3. How far back on the pedigree do you need to be able to tell the blood????????

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

The only answer I can give you is:it depends on the dog. Some dogs you can tell by famous parents or grandparents, much more common now days however is just sticking any two dogs with a dick and a vagina together and peddling pups....in that case, their wont be a clear breeding direction going...or common blood for a few generations. The resulting pups off breedings like that would be "scatterbred" and have no real bloodline so to speak.

5. couldnt have said it any better rock.

6. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

is your dog a red nose? avant`s bloodline maybe?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
  7. flip

flip Pup

Thanks 4 the in put guys...Yes i'm sure it's Slavant because thats what the papers say under bloodline. My dogs all r blue or come from blue parents if that helps any. 1 more ? can some one tell me how to find the pedigree of these dogs. Once again thx 4 ur help guys

Flip

8. flip

flip Pup

I also have pics of the dogs in my gallery here on the site if that helps any

Thanks
    Flip

9. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Oh Well That Clears It Up For Most! You Should Have Said Blue From The Get Go. I Still Have Never Heard Of That Though.

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

That is probably why not many people recognize the bloodline here...because it is a blue dog, from blue breeding. You will come to realize that "game dogs" and "blue show bred dogs" are usually of the same breed only by registry name, and alot of game dog people dont fuss around with keeping up to date on what sort of staffs are being bred and called APBT's. Not trying to be rude, just letting you know the reason why no body has responded saying "oh yeah, I know that bloodline!".

ETA-good looking dogs in the gallery, not my cup of tea but I bet they make wonderful pets.

11. ya know flip yeah they are blue and come from diffrent bloodlines but i must tell ya the adult dog is the best put together blue dog i have seen in a long time at least he aint one of those 100+ pound monsters and he is very well taken care of.so thats all pluses in my opion.how much does he weigh about 60-65 pounds