1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I lost my best friend...

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Tonka03, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

last night.

I leave and go on a dinner date with my wife last night. Well we come home and as I drive up I see blood on the road, I knew with out a doubt it was one of my animals. I knew it was bad. Little did I know it was Frog. My best friend for the past 3 months, the "best" best friend I have ever had. I have never had a dog that was so dynamic and so great in every way. Now with my stupidity I have lost him forever. I have lost greatly and I can not fix it. I hurt so bad because of my stupidity.

As much as I have learned I let my security of a fence to be the down fall of my ignorance, or shall I say my stupidity. I left him out in the yard thinking the fence was security enough to protect him from death. As much as we learn one lil fault will cause you to loose a lot. I have lost more in one friend than I have ever lost in a life time.

One more glimpse at MY BEST FRIEND!!

Pics of the lil man stacking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Him being the best looking pup and showing his great personality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The eyes of a dog with character and life
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bye my BEST FRIEND. Ill see you on the other side buddy.

Love ya and miss you so much,

Dad

2. man that a bad deal. to lose any dog is horrible for good owners, but to lose a puppy is that much worse. i won't sit and tell you what you did wrong cuz i'm sure you're kickin yourself hard enough the way it is and you know already. i hope your pain eases soon but for those of us who love our dogs we know that won't happen anytime soon. sorry for your loss! :( RIP

3. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

sorry for your loss.........take what you have learned and move on with the best of your ability.

4. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm so very sorry for your loss!

I'm sure the little one is playing on the other side and looking down watching over you now

5. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I have learned and I knew better than to do as I did.There are a million things I could have done and this would have never happened. It is a tough thing and the pain is hard and when you love your dog as much as you do it hurts even worse. I want it to just go away but it want. Damn damn damn...

6. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

So sorry for your loss. :(

7. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Sorry to hear this Tony......

8. Suki

Suki Guest

VERY very sorry to be reading this....:(

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you... I lost one the same way, many years ago, thought my fence was security enough....(was the only time I ever saw my hub cry)

I HOPE your pain will diminish with time. geeeeze, I don't even know what to say... bless you, and again, I'm SO very sorry.

9. SteeleBlu

SteeleBlu Pup

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have almost lost my Steele man twice the same kind of way, but luckily he came back to me alive and well. My best friend's dog got hit by a car and killed on Christmas Eve due to an accidental hit of the garage door button. :( It has definitely been a sad holiday with all the bad things happening...but you have to know to keep your head up and to know that you loved that dog with all you had. As long as the dog had a good life and was loved, thats all they remember. When they are waiting for you "Over the Rainbow bridge" (read that poem), they only remember your love and care and thats all they care about. Dogs are the most unselfish, loving, and forgiving creatures....so your best friend will be waiting for you with lots of puppy kisses to show his appreciation for the love you did give him while he was here....

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Its horrible when lessons come in the form of a death. I have been extremely lucky (knock on wood!!) over the years, and the few accidents i have had luckily didnt end a life.

Makes me sick to think of loosing one of my dogs.... my heart goes out to you.

RIP little buddy

11. diva

diva CH Dog

I am sorry for your loss. RIP Frog.

12. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

I am so sorry for your loss!:(

13. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

omg tony, i am so sorry. RIP Frog

14. btlover

btlover Pup

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank's

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2006
  15. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

read page one. the explanation is on page one.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

I know what it is like to loose a dog. Never had one hit but have lost them to cougar and bear. Tragic also especially if your there. I am sorry for your loss. It hurts to hear about it. Try not to beat yourself up too bad over it. I understand that part too. the what if's and coulda shoulda woulda. It happened, you'll morn it and learn something. Hard crappy way to learn something but most of us have learned lots that way. Praise be to God!

I am just glad to see a redwings jersey and know you are looking at this as a hard lesson.

17. sorry bro.. hope things get better

18. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

i'am very sorry for your loss hope every thing works out for you and your family.

19. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Tonka, Im so sorry to hear this man. RIP frog :(.

20. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

There is nothing to say right know that will make you feel better. I've suffered way too many close loses at my age, including my best friend 3 years ago. Time is the best pill. And as it goes on you will grow and realize that it will make you who you are and that it made you a better person for knowing and having such a friend. Best Wishes.