1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Idea to cut down on forum b.s.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Robber, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Robber

Robber Big Dog

What does everyone think of having a "beginner" type section that new people can post to at first? They could still read other posts, and it wouldn't be as drastic as having a closed forum, but I think it would really help cut down on the bs posts that have cluttered this great board up so much in the past year. Once someone seems to have established that they aren't an idiot, they could then post everywhere. I think it would really help alleviate all of the fuss created b/c of these "look at my cool 90 lb blue Gatormouth pit I'm going to breed" and "my 3 year old female doesn't like other female dogs, what is wrong with her?" type posts. Maybe it would make some of these people actually READ and learn something instead of just spouting off a bunch of stuff nobody wants to hear. Just a thought...

2. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

nah, i enjoy reading the responses to those posts. there is no need for an elitist board. people come here to learn, no one said it would be easy and its how you weed 'em out.

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

its good to read the respsnses to the newbies posts.....and it adds extra to the forum....id leave it the way it is.....plus....its always good for a laugh....:D

4. ian uk

ian uk Pup

my dad used to say you learn something new everyday and no one knows it all. i was reading apost on another forum and 1 of the replys was if you want to know something about dogs go on this forum and there was a link to this forum
    so here i am the way see it is if you got something to say say it
    cheers ian

5. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

It isnt all the newbies that post dumb threadS.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  6. Robber

Robber Big Dog

True, but many have been posting dumb stuff ever since they were new!!!:D:(

7. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a section specifically for newbies who really do want to learn about stuff that matters. Like some old posts that explain the basics of bloodlines, pitbull behavior, proper care. Like a section that makes it easy to find certain info without having to use the search option which has let me down several times. A new members must read. Then if they ask stupid ?s they really deserve the free for all.

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thats a good idea yardboy
    just easy access

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

how do you plan on learning anything if all your talkin to is a bunch of newbies?

i think the constructive criticism helps folks get theyre head out of theyre ass!

10. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I think it would be cool to have a sub forum those more heated debates with less restrictions. Like as long as nobody is nameing names they can pretty much go on it to hash out their disagreements where everybody else can follow along. Take the gloves off. 18 or older permitted only. Say what you want.

11. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

like it how it is!