1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I'm new here and I have a dog issues...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by squirt07, Sep 7, 2006.

1. so here are some pics of the dogs that love to attack mine...they look cute dont they...heh heh...NOT

[​IMG]
    spike and maggie
    [​IMG]
    maggie
    [​IMG]
    spike

....yeah..nice..right...she brought them over the other day..well..they were there when i got there...i took squirt to the basement and played with her and then outside..it was fun

*EDIT!!!! THIS IS LAURA....HER DAUGHTER...I THOGUHT I CHANGED NAMES BUT I DIDNT..THIS IS LAURA...*

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  2. If you don't want your dog to act like this go to dog training (Prong Collar) through natural communication you can achieve anything I can down my dog (6 year old Bull) and pile 5 dogs on top of him and he will lay their all day if told to :) that's just 1 of the 100's of amazing things you can learn, or you can not deal with it and be irresponssible and have you dog maul her's in a matter of months then go " wow rover's never done that before" the famous line of neglection of problems. So go thru your yellow pages or contact your Vet and find one that uses a prong collar and not treats, treat training is usless IMO and go chech it out your dog should see noticable change within a few classes if you follow and learn :) here is a link to my trainer:

K9 Training

I the end it's all about the load of stress you bring the dog into and out of!

3. gil230

gil230 Big Dog

I would try to keep the dogs seperated unless they were being supervised and if that phukin rat of a dog would attack my pup, like you said, I would open a can of whoop ass on it. Remember that your dog sees you as the alpha male and by you letting that weiner dog hurt him, he will learn not to trust you. He'll say "I remember when he punked out on me with that weiner dog back when I was a pup, why should I listen or trust him now?" You are the alpha, he expects for you to defend and protect him......SO DO IT! And never mind your sister.

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm confused as to why you are going around spreading misinformation about the breed that is liable to get a dog seriously injured? THAT is irresponsible. I wholeheartedly agree that training is needed. I think EVERY dog on this planet needs obedience training THROUGHOUT it's life. It's not a "I took him to puppy obedience!" & you're done kind of thing. Obedience training, just liked education, must be kept current.

However, by preaching that by taking your dog to ob.t. that he will becoming lovey dovey to other dogs & will just lie there while other dogs jump all over him, you are putting false information in the hands of the new owners & when a dog gets seriously maimed b/c Fido DIDN'T lie there & take an asskicking (even though he's got obedience titles) then YOU are responsible.

This is the kind of naivety & refusal to face the truth that is hurting our breed just as much as the bybs & puppy peddlers. These people let their dogs run outside offleash to "do their business" then are surprised when they take off & attack the leashed Shih-Tzu walking down the road. These are the people that take their dogs to dog parks only to have a major fight break out one day & then say "they told me if I trained him he wouldn't do that". These are the people that always blame someone or something else instead of pointing the finger at themselves who are truly responsible.

Obedience training is wonderful. Spaying & neutering is wonderful. But neither techniques is going to remove over 200 hundred years of highly selective breeding.

If you don't like all the traits of the APBT, move on.

Miss Conduct likes this.
  5. That is truly, unfortunate I never said that the dog should get injured, I was was just stating some facts about stress levels and natural control of your animal unfortunately most havent had the training I received and probably never will so it is hard to relate, but if you think that if a little dogs bites yours and you have the right to let you dog then fight and injure it, is irresponsible in it's self none the less I am not trying to argue over the internet I was just stating that instead of having a untrained dog that wants a piece of other dogs I would rather have one that watches the other dogs bark and growl at him as he is in a sit position standing cool and proud. I am not your friend and would not sit around while my statements are claimed as false and misinformative sure they were breed to be Gamedogs etc, etc I know the beat I have read all the books unfortunately I feel that our breed has a better purpose that eating each other, you know they used to do real work you know. As for the rest of the K9 world with offleash parks etc. that's a whole other discussion I feel 95% off people that own a k9 of any breed are doing them all an injustice.

Adrien W Jenot