1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Info on a breed

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by pit_collision, May 11, 2006.

1. Attila

Attila Guest

Sure the Alfa Blue Blood Bulldog, Perro de Presa Canario and Presa Mallorquin. A 80 pound American Bulldog would be in the realm of standard. However finding one that isn't breed to be on the high end can be difficult. There are others like that too. But the three I listed should be right in that weight range. I raised Bull Mastiffs for a while. I liked them fair enough. But they are large about 150 on the males. They were good hunting dogs. But Very heavy if you had to pack one out of the woods. Snake bit. Sucked big time. Dog lived but I felt like I was going to die.

2. Attila

Attila Guest

ABT,

That is a 50 pound sledg hitting that nail. As I was reading I was like check up check aint that the dang truth, check no $h!t. Rep points for you. Too bad I couldn't give you a bucket load on that one. I have had people back out before. NR deposit though. I have seen a few dogs put to sleep along with a bad reaction. There is nothing humane about that. I have a better method if need be. I have enough nightmares about death and distruction from combat to watch another blotched euthanization.

I hope these kids are listening. One mess up and it is curtains for ya. black bag and zip. big yellow tag tied on your big toe with a file number, slide that sucker in the cooler. your soul stuck in ther trying to scratch its way out of that cold body. What fun. Or you get to go to jail and be the young blood in the cage. I would rather be in the bag. Get ligitament and do the right thing dude. You're too young to mess it up right off the bat life is long and crap follows you for life.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thanks guys. I apologize for the length & intensity of my last post, but these young guns don't realize the seriousness of the situation for all involved, to include the dogs. They think "I'll throw a couple of 'pits' together & make me some money." Naw, man it don't work that way. That type of thinking is ruining the breed & it can ruin them too. But either don't know it or don't care.

You are so right Attila. I have only seen one botched euth, but it was the only one I'll ever need to see. The memory of how that animal suffered will probably haunt me as long as I live.

As for the kids listening, I hope they do to. They don't realize the law isn't playing any games & neither are the ppl they sell to.

Look at what happened to Floyd Boudreaux. All of his dogs were taken & killed & he was put in jail for what they thought he might be doing.

Then there is Edgar Eddington. He was beat to death w/ a hammer in his own home over some dogs. As of present his murder is still unsolved.

If ppl will do this to these two men - greats in their field - they won't hesitate to do it to some young kid!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2006
  4. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Thank god some of the OG members jumped in on this, I didn't want to just be a newb shouting like an idiot :D .

Brolick, it is good that you aren't breeding your dog. But you're getting criticized because you are supporting things that shouldn't be done, like the breeding that produced your dog. Sure, yours is good, but that will not happen everytime a breeding like that occurs. Also, the reason I said that you were doing it only for looks was because I said that a rottweiler would be the perfect candidate for your needs, but your only reasoning against it was that you didn't like the way it looked. That is why it seems like you are trying to change the breed that everyone on this board loves so much. Now do you see why you are getting so much flak for it? Now as far as the whole breeding little with big to get a medium. Why? If you want to add size to your dogs, you selectively breed pit bulls to pit bulls, breeding for the desired trait. The Gotti approach is dumb, lazy, and doesn't work. Nothing but curs being called pit bulls.

5. Boss' Mom

Boss' Mom Big Dog

Good post. It's sad that not only do we have to worry about the ignorant Pit Bull-haters, but we also have to worry about the ignorant and closed-minded Pit Bull owners. I wish people could keep an open mind, and knock off the know-it-all attitude. I mean, I'm young too, and do not have the years upon years of experience with these dogs as some of you do, but I made it a point to educate myself on these dogs...and I didn't do it by word of mouth from some random people. Every dog I've owned growing up was neutered. I would never breed a dog, because I know that I know NOTHING about it...and I seem to know a lot more than some of these "breeders." Sad.

6. Yes ,the same mistake like the old terrier - bulldog- cross idea....the all around hybrid...lol

7. brolick

brolick Big Dog

I understood what evryone was sayin from the beginning, i was just trying to get the point out there that they aren't all bad. About the rottweiler thing, evryone has their preferred breeds and thats not one of mines. Looks aren't evrything but it a big part of the pie. I talked about selectively breeding for size in the beginning and evryone was saying that it wasn't possible, evn though i thought if u do it for a while u can acheive ur goal.

8. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

My mistake. I only read that one post. Boy, I've seen it all. I've seen a female American Bulldog bred to a "bully" dog. The bitch was about 145lbs (give or take, I just saw her so it's an estimate) and the male was about 80lbs. Now, when you say good dog, what exactly do you mean? A good what? A good pet? ? ? ? Just because the dog looks good or whatever doesn't make it a "good dog". This breed shouldn't be bred based on looks, but performance. If you breed, make sure there is someone guiding you. I don't think you have much experience with this breed or it's performance capabilities. There ain't NO reason to breed a 100lb dog with a 40lb one. Another thing I'd like to add, you say the litter came out nice. Well, what you mean by nice? I don't know if it's just me, but all puppies look "nice" or "cute".

9. well still waiting on the last word .. keep coming back to check your last words hoping they will be your fixing your female and waiting till you have learned alot before breeding anything ,, a big dog on a one half its size has problems of its own , what if the dog is loaded with pups too big for her to deliver.. you got the fund for that , and the bottle feeding its gonna take someone trying that would take the male to the bigger female , lots of room for puppies then.. dude you just aint thinking.. leave the byb alone and get legit , you can partner in dogs if need be .. around here they call it farming out the dogs.. they get great blood , champions upon champions to make the best they can , usually on a farm with nuff champions to go around , but , the owners are partners in the dog so when the dog gets regonition for show pull agility or what ever reason they share in its future.. still its money but, it works best when they have the knowlege to share and build on..also when you got partners you can have your female taken to a top notch champion blood for the fee and have that blood at hand.. best of best advice dont breed at all.. to many around now period ty

10. brolick

brolick Big Dog

When i said good dog i meant good all around dog. He had good muscle tone, perfectly porportioned, very athletic(could run forever, unlike his father), could jump high, would lock and hold on forever and was a very good guard dog. If i got into any type of tuscle with anyone, even family, he would be on my side.
    About the litter being nice, first off no birth problems(seeing the size difference), all puppies were healthy, nice assortment of colors, and all seemed pretty active quickly. Some puppies are born skinny or are lazy

11. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

I know you stated that "if/when you breed, etc.". So, my only true advice to you is, please, look for someone who knows this breed and has had YEARS of experience. Real experience. Not just breeding papers. I said, these dogs should not be bred on appearance, and from only this paragraph that you wrote, I can tell that's mostly what you are basing the "good dog" on.

12. brolick

brolick Big Dog

I know someone that has been breeding for about 30 years and knows what hes doin, so when i'm ready i'll go to he. And appearance is important to me, its almost like picking a boy/girlfriend, whats on the inside is probably most important, but if u can't get pass the outside it doesn't matter.

13. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Lmao.:rolleyes:

14. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

.......wow. I am so glad people like this have decided to breed.

15. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

That goes against what this breed is about. Looks should play absolutely no role in a breeding program. This mindset is what has produced all of the out of standard dogs out there. Now people want to call these dogs "variety". It is a shame that this is the only breed that has this much "variety".

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Is this the joke of the day? Since when did we bring those back?:confused:

17. This is to everyone who has read this post. I am very sorry if I have offended anyone or p***ed anyone off. During this thread I was really onesided when it came to APBT's. I was also kinda down because of a family issue that was going on, my uncle's dad hadd been missing from November and they finally found him, sad to say he is no longer with us. I am not looking for sympathy or trying to make up an excuse for the mistakes I have made. I know I was wrong and because of the ''bashing" no offense to anyone) that I have recieved I feel that I am smarter and more educated know about the breed and I would like to thank those who have basically forced me to do so. I now have a job and am going to spay my pup in about a week, as soon as she is done with her heat. I just thought I would let you all know that. Thank you all for your time.

18. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

wow tough break...hope your family is ok...and good luck with your doggy...

19. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

We don't call it bashing, we call it "tough love" & probably most of us on here have gotten it from one source or another (I know I did when I got started with the breed ;) ).

And great news. Also, I hope all is well with the personal stuff.