1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

info Tom Garner

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by vacaroz, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vacaroz

vacaroz Big Dog

i`m interested to buy in the future a puppi from tom garner. but i would like to know yours opinion about his dogs, who is the best reproducer in his iard at this moment, somme of his offsprings.
    thank`s, best regards

2. NC

NC CH Dog

If I had the cash I'd be getting stuff of El Negro..I hear nothing but good things from him. But I just ain't got a grand to drop on a puppy.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=46541

3. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

Honest something very heavy frisco.Ch Dynomite is producing some good dog's.He is producing better dogs then any male he have's in that yard.

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Of his pups available right now, this is the one I'd love to have. Mainly, because I'd love a heavily Chinaman bred dog, but like NCPG said, I don't have that kind of money to plop down right now...
    Here are all the pups he has now though, if you want to read what he has to say.

5. wow only 14 litters........he's cuttin back now days

6. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

not to hijack this thread but can someone explain to me this so called contraversy (sp) i've been hearing about the frisco dog, i can't seem to find any info about it

7. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

got some off rosco a few months ago, happy with them, who knows though , ive talked to some people who really like his Elmo dog and wouldnt get one of any thing else he has. El negro, dynomite, bolo..... all goood dogs

8. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

Tom will talk dogs if your seriously interested, he's a nice guy,, i suggest if you are seriously interested go to him,,, i've talked to him on several occassions

9. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

THEY LOOK GOOD BUT IF I WAS GOING TO GET ONE ILL GO WITH Ch Dynomite x Dyno Lady Pups

10. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

now, i respect TG and everything he has done for the breed. but it seems to me the man ought to find a job doing something other than just breeding. fourteen litters? seriously, if someone you never heard of came on here and said they had fourteen litters, there would be no end to the hostility and name calling. and for all the times i've heard people preaching about not being puppy peddlers, this seems a little out of line. again, i love every dog i have seen from TG's yard, and i am well aware of the accomplishments of his dogs. IMO, he is a man of great talent, but fourteen litters? ...........................

11. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

He is trying to get more dogs on the ROM list LMAO. :rolleyes:

12. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yeah, I know what you mean. If it was someone else, most people would be mad that they didn't have homes before the breeding even took place as well, but I guess since he is so known for what great dogs he produces, it doesn't take much for him to sell them. I don't know, but I know what you mean.

13. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

I wouldn't pay that much for a pup...

14. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

does anyone else realize what a fortune he makes off of this mass breeding. Do the math if he only sells one pup from each breeding he still makes 14,000, now imagine if he sells every pup from every breeding. He aint no dogman anymore, he's a businessman. And don't get it twisted if u breed any dog enough times it will eventually become ROM, so i don't know if i wanted something off of one of his dogs i would look around and get it from someone else who has had success with the offspring, i don't think i would ever get it directly from him

15. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I would like a heavily chinaman bred dog. If I could find one else where, I definitely would, because call me cheap, but even when I have the money, I will find it hard to bring myself to pay that much for a pup, and like many people have said in this group, the papers don't make the dog....That being said, if anyone knows any good breeders with that line, let me know. lol.

16. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

Exactly what I was saying... in a sarcastic way. I don't know him personally, but it seems as if he is just riding on the fame of his name. In the end, he's just becoming another peddler to me. Don't get me wrong, he didn't get famous by producing crap, but he really needs to think about all of this breeding.

17. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

My brother has a male bred down off of Frisco. I can tell you Cody is one hell of a hog dog. I would not have a problem buying a dog off of TG in the future.

On a side note, just because it appears that he is raking in the bucks doesn't mean it all stays in his pockets. Anyone who runs a large yard of dogs knows that the up keep can be costly and could be concidered a full time job and probably is.

JMHO

18. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

14 litters wow all I have to say in the words of the grate dave chappelle is "I'AM RICH BITCH" :D

19. rocco

rocco Big Dog

ROFLMAO my bad that just tickled me

20. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

some things you folks are not looking at
    1. upkeep of a yard his size (?400 dogs? <---read that somewhere, dont quote me)
    2. he does not sell ALL of the pups, after reading his current breedings it looks like half or less of every breeding, keeping the rest for his program
    3.he is only breeding proven dogs, keeping the ROM issue aside, he is not and has not from what i have seen, breed garbage or unworthy dogs.
    4. game dog circle is a very tight one, some people do not have accesibility to go get a working dog any time they would like, would you rather people just buy junk scatterbred or blue dogs? (some might argue that if you arent in the circle you shouldnt have a working dog...)
    5.assuming the 400 dogs on his yard (on which i have heard he maintains meticulously) is it too much to think he has 7 good males and 7 good female worth breeding??? more realisticly, 14 good females and 3-5 good males.... i think so..

not to mention that its obvious that the man has devoted his life to the bulldogs... i dont think he would want to do anything to hurt the breed? who knows?

now dont get me wrong 14 litters is a lot, but for someone like him i dont think it is anything to be concerned about, just more likley that we will have chinaman blood 25 years from now. about the price... 900 for a male... not to bad. prices go up after time...inlation is what that is called... and 3% a year is the rate it is rising at, not to mention the 900 is alot different in different parts of the country.... my old place in S.Dakota was 400 a month.. now in CA im lookin at 2800 a month... kind of makes a 900 dollar dog such a big deal huh

my 2 cents take it or leave it:)

cheese likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.