1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Inside or outside?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by prettyfulpitbull, May 6, 2006.

1. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

I have a 2 year old blue fawn female and a almost 5 month old old red brindle female.When I tie them up outside after 10 minutes they bark and whine to come in.They are both inside dogs but I just don't get why they'd rather be in than out.They like walks but that's it.Anyone know why this would be?Anyone elses dog like this?It just bothers me cause IMO think it's good for them to get out for a while.

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

It sounds to me like they are bored.

Before putting them outside, walk them for at least an hour long making sure they are good & tired & ready to go in. When you get home, put them on their tie outs (where there is shade), give them a bowl of water & possibly a raw knuckle bone (to keep them occupied in case they're not ready for a nap), & let them be. Most dogs like to be outside, but a dog with pent up energy will not appreciate just being forced to sit on a chain. Remember, a tired dog is a happy dog. ;)

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

They want you to join in on the fun. Don't just put them out and not interact with them.... Go play with them. They are barking and whining because they want to be wherever you are. Take them for walks so they can burn up any excess energy.

If you are trying to get them used to being outside just leave them tied up for just a few minutes and just add minutes every other day until they get used to it. Also, don't go out there while they are whining to get your attention. You will just blow the whole training process...

4. JCleve86

JCleve86 Big Dog

That and I don't think you have much hope of turning and inside dog into an outside dog. A dog who grew up seperated for the most part from his family doesn't know any better, but a dog who grew up a member of the family is going to know that he's getting the shaft being tied out in the yard.

Mind you, I don't have issues with dogs being kept outside while folks are at work, or in order to do a rotate method, but getting a dog to let him rot in the back yard makes no sense. If your home and there is no fighting issue, why worry about making them outside dogs? Of course I understand wanting to get the beasts out of your hair now and then, in which case miakoda already said it.

5. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

ok thx and i don't want to turn my dogs into outside dogs just have them spend a few hours a day out.i do play with my girls you should check my gallery thats my hubby playing with em!!!

6. b_dog58

b_dog58 Big Dog

it's not that they don't like being outside, they would rather the inside be outside with them.

7. Suki

Suki Guest

I agree. They're so used to being with you, that when they're not, they're simply letting you know that they want you there as well. My female does this as well. I think she would glue herself to me, if she could!;)