1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Intense day yesterday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DryCreek, Apr 25, 2010.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

So, my day, yesterday, consisted of a helicopter and planes flying low over the house multiple times for at least 3-4 hours as they frantically tried to put out a bush fire less than 3 km from my home. We were directly in the flight path of the water bomber.

22 hectares (54 1/2 acres) was burnt bacon crisp! Luckily, no one was hurt and no houses were damaged though someone did lose a trailer. All because the neighbors kid and a friend thought it would be fun to have a camp fire.

As I'm watching all this comotion from my front lawn, I'm thinking to myself....what if.

What do you grab? The dogs are a given but, what else? How the hell can I fit anything in my truck besides dog crates, my hubby and I, our wallets and maybe some clothes?

Too close for comfort!

2. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Oh gaud....I'm glad you guys are all safe! It gets really scarey up in northern BC with the fires and I've thought the same thing. WTF would we do? I live in the city, but I don't drive. We'd be screwed if an earthquake hit. My daughters medication takes up half the fridge and food cupboards let alone the animals! :confused: That is seriously my worst nightmare.