1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ironline dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by coop-dog, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

stellar gringo. :D

2. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Well Cassius Clay was Red!
    I saw the first half dozen. Did you see the picture of the pedigree of the Sorklind dog?
    That was before Cassius left Chi-town.
    Don't let that black white picture fool you.
    I saw Scratch, Aristocrate Red, Ace, Deuce and Cassie with Stosh & Flash. All were red/red nose.
    Ever

3. C2K

C2K Top Dog

BTW that doesn't look like Ch. Strider that Greenwood own.
    That looks like a dark brindle dog that Don has and Strider wasn't that color. That could been the dog he beat in TX. at 9 years old.
    For that matter it doesn't look like Cassius Clay neither.

4. C2K

C2K Top Dog

That's Ralph but I don't think that is Ch. Strider neither. I don't recall him being a dark brindle. There is a picture in Stratton's book of him.

5. No no,,, I meant the chief that bred those Corvino dogs that weren't red lol.

c'mon,,, ya know what I mean, just give it some thought it'll come to ya lol
    he had eli, bolio and pit general lol

6. Could it be there was two Striders? the one I'm talking about belonged to Maloney... he was the first PDR champion.
    The pic I posted is of Maloney's Ch Strider vs. DD's Cassius Clay.

7. .... when Cassius Clay stopped Strider,, I don't think he made it to 9 years of age....

8. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

This Ch Strider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Greenwood's CH Strider

[​IMG]

Devine's Cassius Clay (vs Strider)

[​IMG]

10. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

I believe there's only one Ch Strider, D.Maloney owned Ch Strider then Ralph Greenwood later owned him.

11. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

The first guy with Strider looks like Norgeria!

12. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Sorry I believe it was the other way around, Ralph G owned Ch strider first, here's Ch strider when he was a pup owned by Ralph G.

[​IMG]

13. They are all probably the same dog then and the reason one or more may not look alike could be due to the age of the photographs. That first pic of Strider being released is a classic one and the one of Maloney with Tudor is also a classic pic. I have never seen the pic of him as a pup, nice pic there thanks.

Now Cassius Clay from what I was told was actually a dog that was taken off the streets. When they rolled him he proved to be a very good dog so he was kept and used an a pedigree was put on him. In those days from what I understand there were very few gamedogs (3000 or less in Texas) and most were coming down off of similar stock so a street dog in those days was not at all like it is today with half-breed scatterbred mutts. Cassius was not the only dog like that, the grand-dam of Hank and Panama Red was also a street dog who proved a worthy animal winning 2 matches I believe and of course we all know of 35 who was another such dog.
    DNK also had a bitch that was like that. She was found on the street and saved. The word was put out that the dog was found and all efforts were made to find her owner without avail. She was looked at and also showed to be a good dog and later she proved it. She was bred to a male called Jordan, a brother to Ch Hankey and produced a single male that was named Lucas. Lucas went on to win twice and then showed to be a dead game dog in his third. I'm sure examples like these abound, these are just a couple of them that stood out to me. So to all those who like to say a good dog is where you find it, there ya go.

14. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Here's Cassius Clay the one who stopped Ch Strider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Classic Match

[​IMG]

15. C2K

C2K Top Dog

He crossed Art's sister Patty into the line this why they went black (like Saloon) or most black nose.

16. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Oh he did. Well know fact he did. Many well known dogmen was there.
    He lived after his last one at 9.
    You have to remember he had already been showed many times before the second owner bought him.
    There is a lot to the story of the purchase of Cassius Clay and how he is truly bred, which the second owner knows I am aware of.

17. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Sea Serpent, you are correct. Ralph did own him first because he was off Dottie Patch. And I sure you heard what Howard had to say how Ralph got her. :)

18. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Sea Serpent you are correct again, this is Ch. Strider:

[​IMG]

The dog appearing with Don looks brindle that is why you can't relay on black white pictures. During these old matches the blood can distort the color of the dog but it looks pretty clear to me that wasn't Strider and it didn't look like the Cassius Clay I saw in Chi-town. The dog was to dark.

I do believe Sea Serpent is correct again because this is the shade of the dog which I was Cassius Clay but he has to be closer to shape in this picture because at chain weight he was much thicker dog.
    [​IMG]

19. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Now if my memory serves me corectly which you have to remember the second owner didn't buy Clay until around 1974, I do believe he was a red/red nose dog.[​IMG]

Often black white pictures doesn't give the true color or shade of the dog.

20. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Well you were told wrong. That is the bull shit story Sonny would tell people who didn't know any better.
    Cassius Clay was bred Louis Bake with a breeding setup with Pat Bodzianowski. Louis owned Creed's Maggie 2xw aka Baker's aka Wise's at the time. Pat knew the dog the kid sold Coonie and claim he found running the streets. Truth is the kid stole the dog and never told Coonie. Coonie won't admit the truth but why did he base his whole yard off the dog because he too later found out who the dog was which Pat already knew. Coonie won't admit to it because it would make him appear he was involved or had knowledge of it. Which didn't at that time.

The kid stole the dog from an old man that Joe Corvino gave the dog to keep as a pet.
    THE DOG WAS CORVINO'S DUKE!
    Now for the papers being place on Crazy Mary, Cassius Clay, Burke's Brenda Mae, etc., read Jan/Feb. issue of Your Friend and Mine where Corvino's Teddy dies after a match into Al Offers Tuffy 2xw. Who matched and owned the dog at the time? Sonny is who. He bought Teddy when he was 8 years old from Mrs. Corvino and got him killed but he did win.
    HOW can a dog produce a litter 5 years later after he was dead and remember this too, UKC did not do single registration back then. So Sonny had to be the one who made up the litter papers off a dead dog bred to his daughter!!!!!!!!!

BTW I heard the same story about Jimmy Boots.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.