1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

is zebo's pedigree real

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by wisconsindog, May 5, 2006.

1. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

i would like you guys to state your opinions why and why not
    thanx

2. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

no replys huh

3. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

You know, I read an interesting story on Zebo dogs. I forget the writer but it was someone who had been very involved with the line. He claimed that Zebo dogs and even the Zebo crosses were not match quality dogs any longer, and had not been for quite a while. Add to that Zebo was a manbiter deluxe and one has to wonder why anyone would breed this line any longer.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
  4. bronxpits

bronxpits Big Dog

I'm guessing once again quessing that zebo blood was doing so good in the box that they had to keep bredding regardless of the man biting

5. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

The story I read said that even Zebo crosses were no longer match quality dogs.

6. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

I dont know the answer but dont belive everything u read...i mean take it with a grain of salt just because u read it somewere doesnt make it true. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
  7. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

there are still zebo dogs winning

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I havent seen/heard of a truely game Zebo dog in years. They are still winning because generally they are devastating dogs that can close their mouth. Turn up the heat on them though, and things usually wont go the way you were looking the first 15 minutes.

Why are they being bred? Flashy dogs. They are strong, built solid, and can crunch down. Some people care more about winning than gameness, as it has always been, and probably will always be. The saying I most dislike in this game is "game enough to win!". Well, thats not really saying too much imo. I value yards and bloodlines based on a high percentage of truely deep game dogs, thats the quality of the dogs that most inspires me. I think if someone wanted a man-biting, hard-mouthed, box-jumping 30 minute cur...this is the wrong breed. There are breeds out there that are built better, can bite harder, are more powerful wrestlers and can out-snarl the best of em....but the one thing that makes the APBT a bulldog, is gameness-none of that other junk.

9. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

there are winning game zebo dogs but they are from lonzo's blood like zebo 2 and snowball aslo 1xw lonzo's snake ch.sinful sister and a few others but imo these are the only good zebo dogs left

10. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

this is the most bullshit statment I think I have ever heard..sinful sister is all game......Nigger toby dogs are no joke....quit hating

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2006
  11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Right on Powder. Didn't Newburn's Buck go over 2 hours only to lose dead game going for his CH.? I believe Sister went over 30 mins as well & I personally know a dog that went uphill considerably in 110 degree heat unconditioned to come up from the bottom & best his opponent, which deceased shortly thereafter. He was on the verge of heat stroke, but was still raring to go after being broken off a prone & barely concious hog. All are Zebo dogs.

Then there is:

GR.CH. Harley
    GR.CH. Venus
    GR.CH. Speedy
    GR.CH. Bullyson
    GR.CH. Buckshot
    CH. Buba
    CH.Dahmer
    CH. Katrina
    CH. Smokin' Joe
    CH. Jefferey
    CH. Monkey
    Bucky (2xw)
    Black Sabbath (2xw)
    Thistle (2xw)
    Gimp (1xw)
    Red Bomb (1xw)
    Eli (1xw)
    Nigger Toby II (1xw)

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. All these dogs are Zebo or Zebo crosses most of whom have gone well over 30 mins! ;)

I say go w/ what you like. There's good & bad in every line.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2006
    Rocky H. Balboa likes this.
  12. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

abk is very right there is good zebo dogs and staws of him today i know this. As i have lonzo/rb/ofrn crosses i was just quetioning the fact that zebo's ped is for real

13. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

14. 440rider

440rider Guest

true zebo dog right there....ask clemmons about those nigger toby dogs and what he knows of zebo and his ped.

15. 440rider

440rider Guest

barney fife

16. Excellent reply ABK. I am sure many have gotten a quick education from your post (including myself). I am glad to have read your post.

The best way to debate a disagreement is through facts. You disagreed but instead of merely name-calling, you gave facts. Respect!

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Niger Toby produced some great dogs that are still going today...but rarely are the pure niger Toby dogs performance dogs, rather than brood stock for outcrossing. My own observations has led me to believe Zebo-bred dogs can add great qualities into other non-related families, but as a pure strain- they dont really have it performance wise. Whose to say its not the Six bits blood working, or the Maverick working in these crosses (The two most common crosses with the niger toby dogs that work imo).

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thank you Rocky!

14 Rock: You are right in that Zebo blood is usually better in the performance arena when it is crossed. But that goes for many lines in it's pure form. Look at the Redboy dogs for example. They were good dogs pure, but when crossed to the Jeep blood the resulting dogs were usually hands down better than the pure Redboy dogs.

The Jeep blood really complimented the Redboy & the best was brought out in both lines. Same for the Toby stuff. The Toby stuff is good on it's own & the Maverick/SB is good on it's own. But when you cross them, look out!! You often get a dog that is better than either of the two families would have been alone.

And I must point out if it was the Mav/SB blood was the sole source of the quality as you surmise, the cross to Toby would have never been done. But someone saw something lacking in the Mav/SB dogs, so Zebo blood was infused in the line via Toby. I don't know what they saw that made them do the cross, but the cross was made for a reason & the result was some really nice dogs who can get it done! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2006
  19. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Floyd B. said in an interview that he beleives Zebo has a false ped, and he is really an Eli bred dog. Don M. said Eli was from one of his breedings with a dog named "Crybaby" that Floyd did him wrong on. So...Zebo is from a Mayfield bred dog?? This is all total B.S IMO and it doesnt matter now days anyway.

With all the paper hanging and accusations being tossed around, its hard to say if ANY peds are correct from the past.
    Is it possible that our whole pedigree system could be built on lies?? It sure is possible. Only people who really know are dead or not telling. Or in Mayfields case ARE telling, but are discredited because of the controversy.

YIS

20. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

nice post rb/zebo-lonzo dogs are the cross that i would say is the hottest i know clemmons and don dricker and they both are adding present day lonzo dogs now too.i also know lonzo and i dont think that too many dogs are as awsome as his zebo-lonzo/rb and sometimes though rb/jeep works too.as for trying a good program i would out cross as most these dogs are today