1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep,Redboy,Sorrells. What do they bring?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Trelos, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Trelos

Trelos Big Dog

I see alot of this bloodline tied together here in Aus and I wanted to know what each bloodline brings with it.

For example Jeep might have good natural wind but lack mouth etc.

The reason Im asking is cause I want to understand the reasoning for this formula and why its so widely used here.

Thanx in advance.

2. Trelos

Trelos Big Dog

Sorry forgot to mention its B.Sorrells line not R.Sorrells

3. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

too much byb...lol..:Insanity:

4. Isnt that cross like ya commercial pedigree dogs you get in australia ...

5. bounty

bounty Big Dog

I heard jeep cross anything is the standard cross over there. Most of the crosses were done because of limited access to different lines. And that's about it.

6. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

It depends on the individual dogs. I don't think anyone can say "all jeep dogs bring this" or "all sorrells dogs bring that." The individual breeder should be able to explain why he put specific dogs together to create the final product.

7. bounty

bounty Big Dog

most of the time the reason was, "thats all they had!"

8. Roveros

Roveros Pup

i think most posters are correct in that the gene pool was relatively small so people crossed out. Maybe they crossed back in on the next generation but there really wasn't a large selection of quality dogs in any given line to work with coupled with the tyranny of distance. If there was a good one in the line you wanted.

Plus the number of dedicated breeders wasn't high either. Plenty of breeders but a lack of really dedicated ones. I visited one guy here with a small backyard operation with maybe 20 dogs and he had some jeep and mainly sorrells dogs and i think a redboy sorrrells cross. A lot of people either got out of the dogs or really went underground when the whole BSL came in.