1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Jenny Plan Question *Pic Enclosed*

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by RedNoseGurl, Sep 6, 2011.

1. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Hey so I got these plans off of here some time ago.... I spent a good hour searching the forum etc and could not locate a thread that discussed how high a jenny should really be.... see lots saying " dude yours is too low " etc.... so my question is.....

" How high/wide should the Jenny be in this picture " ?

Thank you in advance for your response.... I look forward to building this........:dogtongue:

Attached Files:

2. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

that's a good question as no one has ever asked that I would think about 4ft and you could always adjust the chain on the collar jmo.

3. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

28ft in each direction 56ft total.

4. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Why do you want to run a Jenny? Hard on the dog.

5. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

I thought about building a jenny but not more than 40 ft and 3.5 to 4 ft. high...that looks about right.

6. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Thank You for the help guys.....

TopBox, hard on a dog, really ? Could you explain how so ? My girl runs full speed on a bike...... in a straight line for roughly 2 hours..... we stop to pee thats it..... I would think running in a cirlce on natural earth and not pavement would be alot easier and nicer on her body (especially in a large circle opposed to a smaller circle).... I would switch the dog up on the Jenny tho so she works both sides of her body equally........ atleast on a jenny she can decide how fast she really wanna run...... maybe im wrong. Look forward to your reply.

Thank You
    NB

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

youd be crazy as catshit puttin one of those on your property

8. old goat

old goat CH Dog

a jenny will pull the shoulders out or through the back out on a dog . when they slow down the jenny always wants to keep going .

9. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

that shit was printed by Don wasn't it? He said that was if the dog was hooked up to the jenny while wearing a harness, not a collar. He then said that the only thing harnesses were good for was to use them in pictures. You will be fine so long as you use a collar. The bigger the jenny the better off you will be. I have one out back and have never had one injured by it.
    Another point to get across is that you don't need a counter weight and therefore, when the dog slows down, the jenny slows down. pm me your number if you need anything.
    j

10. LivewireT

LivewireT Big Dog

I got the MAyfield DVD on COnditioning
    get it from me and LEt Don Tell you himself
    livewiret@gmail.com
    25.00 4 hours of Don Talking to you about Conditioning

11. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Thank you guys. I dont think a Jenny would be any harder on my dog then what im currently doing to her lol.... and when we hand walk and bike its 110% pulling all the way...... god forbid she even see's a LEAF falling and she is ON IT lol.... Im gunna/have put MY SHOULDER out !!! But i love this bitch.....

Not worried about having this equipment on my property.... I live in Canada where we arent as crazy as your government ;) not yet anyways !

Thank You Again !

12. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Its the stop on a jenny that hurts....start slamming on the brakes of your bike every few minutes and see what it will do over time. Now like said above the counter weight is the problem just build one without it and let me know how it goes after a few months.

13. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

No doubt, eh? Don't forget... you gotta build two. One for me, too! lol

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

you ever run your dog for weeks on a jenny ? they will hurt the dog . you will get some that will be fine but most worked on one will have injuries . think 40-50 feet of pipe turning and the dog wants to pee .

?

15. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

couldn't you drag a chain from the other arm to help slow the jenny down when the dog slows?

16. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i hope you have allot of acres and are in a secluded area RED NOSE GURL. I wish i could get one of those on my property, but you better check your laws around were you live. you could get hit up by the laws for one of them. you can hide and slatemill and carpetmill in your house but a Jenny is just there lol. were i used to live just owning a slatemill could get you with intent..

17. gar

gar Banned

hi , i think it shows how many people have never worked a dog on a catmill , as they all seem to think that the dog runs it flat out all the time , and when he stops will somehow injury himself ,(only possible if wearing a harness), but they only run it fast for a short time before slowing down into a dog trot which is like a fast walk.thats why don could work them for hours at a time after building up thetime spent on the catmill.judge can you post a pick of you non counter balanced mill or a drawing of what you mean thanks.

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

gar stop reading books and ask a old guy . damn collar want stop them from getting hurt . i had a jenny many years ago and i want have another . yes the dogs don't run them fast the whole time . and a chain or weight just makes it worse . when they stop it's still going to come forward .

19. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

There are no paraphernalia laws in Canada. I could put my treadmill out on the front lawn and run my dogs all day long with a huge crowd gathering and nobody could do diddley. ;)

20. old goat

old goat CH Dog

what they can do is watch you more . and they will if you let to many people see what your doing . they can take months of doing it if they want . just put it back by the bush .