1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Joe Chan & James Garrett

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by jeepfreek, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yrrej

yrrej Pup

Re: Joe Chan & James Garrett

joe Chan was a very dedicated dog man, although i haven't heard from him in some time. he got his start right here with some other excellent dog men. Stayed at my house a number of times. he did whatever it took to get the best dogs and went through many bloodlines before he and Garrett hooked up. Floyd was his dog when he beat Carlos. he offered to give me a Floyd pup, which i never took him up on. on the business side, a breeder, which joe was also, will sell his dogs for whatever the market will bear. nobody is forced to buy a given pup, and definitely there is no guarantee a pedigree will ensure a top-rate dog. joe is also one of the world's foremost experts on the shar pei, which breed was ruined by one of his greedy countrymen in association with people over here. he could have made a fortune at the very beginning of the shar pei boom if he was interested. he was independently wealthy and didn't need puppy mill money. people on boards like this who talk about joe clearly didn't know him. yes, he had his detractors, and perhaps for just cause. But it had nothing to do with the quality of his dogs or his sincere interest in acquiring the best stock.

2. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

well said ! thanks for commenting , my thoughts exactly !!! :D

3. skipper

skipper Big Dog

thanks for posting the pic. i bought to dogs from joe back in 96 best 6000 i ever spent. those who can do,those who cant only wish the could:D

4. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

exactly !! :D so let them keep on hate'n those who know ....DO KNOW!! ..enough said :cool:

5. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

To add to that this is the LAST dog Joe sold in jan 2009 :( we drove 3900 miles 1 way to get her .

Attached Files:

6. yrrej

yrrej Pup

What happened to joe? i tried to call him a few times, but couldn't get a hold of him? i know he was in a terrific car accident at one time. probably most people don't know he hunted kodiak bears, ate raw meat, and did most anything dangerous. i don't know any other Chinese who would venture into the piney woods surrounded by red necks and challenge them on their own terms. it's a credit to America really......

7. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

sadly joe got cancer had to do kemo ..ect..ect..wasnt good for sometime ....but i hear he doing better now,..i wish him well :)

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

dont confuse hate with knowledge. inexperience and how few folks you know is all you green phuckers are showin

9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

lmfao woody! and i can just imagine you actualy shooting someone in a barfight!

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ill admit im green and happy just like this guy>>>>:D<<<< but im learnin slowly but surely!

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

huh? and you got away with it??

12. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

laced i was joking mate, woody will understand.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

damn i was bout to give him some serious props! lol

14. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

Nice pic's fella, when it's all said and done, Colby, Carver, Corvino, Heinzel, Pat, Floyd, etc. All sold gangs of pups and if they hadn't where would the quality of the dogs be today. As far as the price, if it was too high the bitch would still be on his yard.

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I don't know Joe Chan or a lot of the other dog men mentioned personally,
    But i have to say or state that! "Any man that sold a good dog to someone else no-matter the price can not be labeled a peddler, bad guy or bad Dogman or Woman if it indeed it was a good dog for the purchaser, and if they were not a good dog, who made that call? were they any good of a dog man/woman? Did they do the right training , schooling, put any time in with the dog him or her self? lot of variables i think. but to each their own i guess:rolleyes:

16. skipper

skipper Big Dog

I second that!!!!!!!!

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

indeed i do bud. lol:D

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"im juss glad he wasnt eatin the dogs!" this was the best post in the thread. WEBSTERZ28 post was on point as well.

19. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

hey read the fu*** post ITS not my dog ..i didnt breed her !!!! dont blo me shit , do u not understand NOT MY DOG A FRIENDS ..GET THE F**** STORY RIGHT BRO ....WTF ....MIGHT HELP IF YOUR READ THE POST BEFORE POSTING IGNORANT SHIT !!! ILL SAY IT AGAIN ITS NOT MY DOG ..ITS A VERY GOOD FRIENDS ...EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE THE EXPERT HUH ???? ..i have my own dogs & this post want about my dogs or my breeding methods !!!! it was about someone else !!!! got it ???!! & dont ask me about my dogs ...you wouldnt be able to handle it !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
  20. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

to add to that PEDDLER BS !! i have sold 2 dogs in the last 10 years peddler ....hahaha AGAIN all the above of my post were somone else's dog !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.