1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just a Reminder

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Iverson's Pits, Oct 3, 2007.

1. I think sometimes people need a reminder that not all 'Staffs, or "blue-bred" dogs are obese, disgusting, or overall just poor. Hell, even as someone who owns both game/show dogs, sometimes I need a reminder myself after looking at what people are breeding for. So I just wanted to share my boy Steel with you guys. Steel is UKC/AKC (also adba...as if it mattered). He is basically 50% Gaff, 25% Woodforest, 25% "Razors Edge". Thankfully, the "Razors edge" that are in his pedigree are some of the first and foundation dogs from the Kimmar, Kar-Ron, Rowdytown, Woodforest & York dogs. Anyways, here are some pics I took today, followed by a couple taken a while back. Feel free to Comment (+ or -), debate, or just enjoy the pics :

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2007
    bahamutt99 likes this.
  2. here are the others:

Attached Files:

3. well here's my york/razors edge dog. he was the runt of the litter and i took him in. same type of dog as you IP....before the razors edge was the mess it is now. i'm not defending RE....don't get me wrong, just sayin it wasn't always the way it is now. nick 53 lbs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDOGZ818 likes this.
  4. Nice dog! What's the ped? Steel probably weighs around 54 -ish. He's not quite conditioned as well as yours. He's just a lil guy (compared to the one's he's allowed to run around with) :)

5. rosco91382

rosco91382 Big Dog

I have to agree with both of you IP and Boogie

King at 53 lbs

Attached Files:

6. i don't have it entered anywhere. this is a male that is same sire / litter mate sister of the damn. so kile's noble would be kiles grace on nick's ped. other than that it's identical.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="25%" rowSpan=8>Sire
    Kile's Diego
    </TD><TD width="25%" rowSpan=4>Sire
    Razor's Edge Iceburg's Macho
    </TD><TD width="25%" rowSpan=2>Sire
    CLP's Razedge Shortshot
    </TD><TD width="25%">Sire
    Razor's Edge Nevil's Buckshot
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Dam
    CH Razor's Edge Inna Rage
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%" rowSpan=2>Dam
    CLP's Razedge Diamond
    " PR" Razorsedge Trueblue's Gloryboy
    Razor's Edge Lil Blue Koala
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%" rowSpan=4>Dam
    Iceburg's Myia Queen Of Blues
    Young's Blue Mase
    Ewing's Five Pine Rikust
    Ewing's Five Pine Deva
    Ewing's Blue Angel
    Romeo's Blue Moon
    Ewing's Five Pine Deva
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%" rowSpan=8>Dam
    Kile's Noble
    (litter mate sister to Grace)
    </TD><TD width="25%" rowSpan=4>Sire
    "PR" Mountain Boys Mason
    " CH" York's Remeo
    UDC "GRCH" York's Blue Bandit
    " CH" York's Peppermint Patti
    " PR" York's Dotty
    " PR" York's Shorty
    " PR" York's Heddy
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%" rowSpan=4>Dam
    Shaw's Mountain Boy's Dixie
    Razor's Edge Shaw's Brutus
    Razor's Edge Rojo Diablo
    Razor's Edge Causn A Ruckus
    " CH" Martyjax Shaw's Mulan Feather
    " CH" Piper's Petey
    Hunter's White Diamond
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

kinmars kat man roo was an amazing dog in my opinion. good conformation and from what i've heard, an excellent temperament too.

8. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

My blue dog weighs about 62pds. I need to get him in shape (yea Ive been saying that for awhile LOL I work alot) I am working on it though. But I agree with the OP. And Boogie you need to let me know what you do to condition yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

yeah, my Amstaff Notch is in pretty good condition...I never can get a perfect picture to show his muscle mass, but here is a pretty good picture of him to show. He is 50 lbs.
    [​IMG]

10. Galadriel

Galadriel Pup

My girl is also york/razors edge, and she's shaping up to look a lot like Nick. I'll try to get some good shots of her out in the sunlight this weekend. She weighed today at 42 pounds and just turned 7 months old.

11. Cynthia at the age of about a year he was a hefty 67 pounds. I got him on a exercise program of flirt pole, spring pole, sled dragging in a sprint form, and lots of walking on the mill. I did it right and worked it off him over a few months time and now I feed him quality feed and he maintains his shape well. He has his lazy streaks, but will work the spring pole well. He will run the slat mill too but not for a real long time. 20 minutes tops. What is simply amazing about him is his recovery time. I've NEVER seen any dog recover as fast as he does from a workout. His wind is amazing.

Here is the barrell look. :o He is about halfway to 53 lbs in the other pic.
    [​IMG]

12. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well My dog is closer to the before pic of yours lol. He is 1yr 8 months. I work alot of hours and it is not a set schedule. Like today I worked 730am till 8pm. On my feet all day. So basically I need to get off my ass after work and walk him. LOL He has a waist line and a tuck. So he is not barrell shape. But I do want to tone him and get a few pds off of him.

I wanted to get him in shape for this UKC show this weekend. Even though I was told that I really do not need to get any weight off of him for UKC I still want to tone him up.

Either way I am going to try my best to get him right.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007
  13. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Man those are some great pics of your Beluga

whale!!! LMAO......................

14. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

HA HA you and your daughter can kiss my butt. LOL What about Brumby. Or wait Annie! Glue legs to a barrell and there is Annie Poo. LOL

15. Um...so I take it ya'll know eachother ??? :)

16. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I'm going to have to agree with everybody. The are good AmStaff people breeding for an athletic dog that can hang in just about any sport. And there are people bastardizing APBTs into something that looks like tapioca pudding. People treat "AmStaff" like its a 4-letter word synonymous with herpes. And any dog that is not directly off game stock has got the herpes on them (ie, is an AmStaff). Folks get really eager to sling around some derogatory language so they can set themselves apart from others. As though what the breed desperately needs right now is even more fragmentation among the fanciers. If I were an irresponsible idiot, I would deserve a public flogging. But wanting to get in a tiff and cut me down because my dog is not what you think it should be -- and I'm talking about a standard-bred dog, not a bully -- is complete BS. I figure the people who enough time on their hands to play pedigree police must not spend enough time fighting BSL.

I like most of the dogs posted here. They may not be my personal preferred type, but you just can't bitch about a dog who is cared for, fed well, exercised, trained, etc.

Grizzly and ChiaPit like this.
  17. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

positive or negative all those dogs look how theyre bred to me, I would have thought they were bred that way if you would have left it out of the post.

18. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

[​IMG]

Here is my blue whale LOL. She is watchdog/york and some ofrn. She weighs about 55lbs conditioned. Love her drive and energy level no matter what anyone else thinks about her color.

19. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

um just to add a little side note, at the PA AADR show a few weeks ago i talked to a guy who was showing three dogs, a large red/red nose male, a fawn and white female that looked pretty damn nice, and a pup from them 2. Well come to find his female placed in the show and after talking to him i found out she was heavy razor's edge with a little ofrn mixed in. That surprized me because she was no bigger than 45lbs and was pretty much conformationally correct, just not as conditioned as the gamedogs at the show, go figure

20. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Spoken like a true dogman / woman. A lot of clowns should take your advice, but they "Know it all", already. (Know It All = FOOL)

@BOOGIEMAN : Plain and simple; thats the best looking Razor's Edge stuff I've ever seen, let alone heard of. If you bought that dog, for whatever price, the rest should be free for you. For life. I bet you haven't shown the breeders the "after", pic, and if you did, I would think they put it on thier site or kept it for all to see. TRUE 'DAT or NOT TRUE 'DAT?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007
    BoogiemanBlood likes this.