1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just Curious

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Pam, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Pam

Pam Pup

I have a 9 month old female pit and I am wanting to breed her at some point later on down the road. But, I may decide not to breed her. Ive heard that if you dont let the dog have at least 1 litter of pups they will be aggressive later in life. Is this true?

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

No, not true. But if you have a dog that you don't plan on breeding, you should spay her to avoid any unwanted pups and it will decrease the chance of cancer.
    BB

3. Pam

Pam Pup

Well shes a very beautiful dog and is very sweet, she has great characteristics and Id really like to have that in her pups. But Im picky about breeding her Shes one color and I want to breed her with a Blue that has distinct markings. I want that to come out on the pups. But I cant find a blue anywhere around where I live.

4. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

What is the background of your bitch, is she well bred? IMO There is really no reason to breed her just to breed. If she can improve the breed in some way, yes. And as far as having to breed to avoid aggression, I think that's an old wives tale. I have had plenty of unbred females that never showed an ounce of aggression. I assume you mean people aggression....JMO

5. Pam

Pam Pup

I do not know the background of my dog...my husband knew this guy who had a few pups like 3-4 months old and they were using my now dog as a bait dog and beating on her and getting her high and all that and I didnt appreciate that at all so I just took her. Im new to this so when I figure out how to post a pic I will have one of her on here.

6. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

Good for you on getting her out of that kind of situation and good luck on breeding her if thats what you end up doing. Also to get a pic on here, when you go to post a thred or reply just go down and look under "Additional options" and you will see "attach Files" click on the block right under that, that says "Manage Attachments" and go from there.

7. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

PLEASE... for the breed.... do not breed your girl just to get pups... there is too much of that happening already... the pound is full of it... the streets are full of it... peaple get them, abuse them, and then you have "vicious pit bull attacks" in the media... Its not fair... the dogs cant do anything about it, so we hafta... IMO, you should just spay her and love her... :D