1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just Rescued my first bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Big Game, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

There has ben a lil black bulldog running around my neighborhood. No Water no food and in ruff shape. I located the house where it lived.The lady that lived there told me that ufortanately the dog did live there but she wasent toutching the damn thing!I put the dog in a 2 foot by 3 foot pen in there back yard with no shelter no food or water on a pad of hot cement right in the sun. Later that day (it was 89 degrees)after a nap my conchious(sp?lol) was bothering me. Ths dog was just as sweet as could be and for some reason I took a special likeing to him. I took my daughter for a walk to go give the dog some water. He was still in his pen. We gave him some water and left. That night I made some phone calls to see if anyone I know would be interested in takeing him in. No call backs. Today the dog was out roaming again. I decided to call back a few people. I knew if I could get them over to see the dog he would win them over. I got two people to come over. The dog was still right in the neighborhood roaming. The first passed. He dident feel he could take on the dog for financial reasons. The second will be back in about 2 hours to take him in :). Im glad I could find this dog a deserving home.

2. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Good for you Big!!

3. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

nice good job

4. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

Good Job!!!!!!!!

5. Pitless2208

Pitless2208 Big Dog

Kudos to you!

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i knew you were a big softie...gonna plant some trees tommorrrow, or adopt a highway? :eek: j/k bud:D

7. real_one

real_one Big Dog

Well done!!

8. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I knew I was gonna get it lol. The dog has ben picked up. mission accomplished

9. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Good work. . . I know how that is in this area all i see are dogs being mistreated and neglected. . Whenever they get lose I take that as a chance to try and help them before giving them back.

I've learned even when given the proper equipment like a collar, chain setup, dog house, dog food etc these people will sell it and go back to hooking a cable around a dogs neck and feeding it garbage while it sleeps in a kiddie pool outside with no shelter, straw or anything. . . :(

10. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Good job big

11. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

great stuff BG good for you.

12. InBearsMemory

InBearsMemory Big Dog

Good job Big!

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  14. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

what a b*tch! why did she even get the dog? maybe she should be locked in a tiny pen w/o food water or shelter. good job in finding that dog a deserving home. i hope that piece of trash doesn't decide to get another dog.

15. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i fixed the link, sorry

17. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

Big Game,

That is THE BEST example of the "We police each other" philosophy. You didn't drop the dime and get the HSUS or AC involved, that could only have lead to "accidents", more bad press, and probably euthanasia. Instead you met the dog, evaluated him, and used your own good judgment to make a selfless, compassionate decision and because of that, this good dog will have a shot at a happy life with good people, where both they, and their new dog can enrich and improve each others quality of life for hopefully many years.

Cheers :) Keep fighting the good fight! :D

18. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Nice going. I know there is the overall misconception that all stray/shelter dogs are junk or have issues, but most people don't realize how many good dogs are out there in those situations. Many just happened to belong to an idiot and that is the only reason they end up there. Just goes to show that good dogs(both in a game sense and otherwise) are indeed where you find them.

19. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog