1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just wanted to fill y'all in about Savage (Ripken)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by miakoda, Mar 12, 2008.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

I just read this...Mia you have had a tough year! Deepest sympathys to you and your family.

2. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

sorry for your your loss Mia, u did your best for savage, im sure he enjoyed his time spent with u and your family.

3. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

RIP Ripken....Sorry Mia! :(

4. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Mia I am SO sorry to hear this. :( We just put our dog Sebastian to sleep yesterday due to the same disease. He lasted only 2 weeks after diagnosis. Its such a sad disease they go downhill so fast. Our dog did not respond to treatment. I know what you are going through. I hope your boy responds to treatment and starts to feel better.

EDIT I just read the rest of the thread. I am so sorry to hear you lost your boy :(

5. Marty

Marty Guest

Mia, you know I'm with you on this, (my heart is broken right along with you) I know he ment the world to you and I am heart broken that he didn't make it :(

Please keep your chin up, it has to get better, it can't get any worst then what you have been going through :(

We love ya girl, just remember that :p

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I know I am way late on this one Mia, But I am so sorry to hear about youre loss. R.I.P Savage. I just lost a fine young animail around the same age as Savage. Reading this brought back alot of memorys and feelings. Me and my family's prayers are withy you and youres. Big Game.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm so very sorry Mia, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this when we talked before, but knew it was the only outcome.

I took the mutts to the vet today for their distemper booster, and a couple came in with a "pitbull mix" amputated hind leg, but seemed healthy and young. Until I heard it cough, most likely a bad case of heartworms. The pain they were going through was tough, I had to really hold it back. When I brought Odin into the backroom for his shot, I heard the balling in the next room and lost it. As soon as the needle was out, I carried him outside to calm down until I could come in to pay the bill. I've never met these people or dog in my life, didn't talk to them, and still, it's heartbreaking when a loving pet needs to be euthanized. It's amazing how strongly owners of this breed feel about not only their dogs, but the breed in general it seems. To know one families "pitbull" was put to sleep 5 feet from me, is tough.

Did the couple have children? Did this dog comfort Cole like Savage did, and vice-versa? No matter how many times I see a dog pts, it's never easy. The only solice lies in knowing there will be a day where you will be rewarded for your kindness, by meeting that dog in a better place where he has no worries or pain. Until then, you will lose your heart a countless number of times to a new bulldog that dedicated it's life to you, and does their best to pull you through the tragedy of loss.

Savage, may you rest in peace. You're momma and Cole loved you very much, you were truely a special dog.

Pirbul and miakoda like this.
  8. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

Well said rock! Words dont get any more real than what you just said!

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Thanks everyone.

Ripken's passing was especially hard because he was truly Cole's dog. He was given to Cole, not me, and I fully expected him to grow old with Cole as Cole became a teenager. And he was also a 38 lb bundle of energy on his good days!

I'm holding off on getting any more dogs for the time being with Cole's little brother being due in a short 2 months. I'm hoping around Christmas time or the start of next year we can make a few additions to the pack.

10. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

keep your head up mia. like i said this breed needs you and cole and his little brother are going to need a baby sitter becasue you ae going to be going crazy with APBT and two little boys so close in age!! you are going to have fun, fun, fun!!!

tony