1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ken Allen's Dbl Gr Ch Tornado

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by AGame, Jun 22, 2010.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

as good as queen and shady lady undoubtedly were , neither could expect to give up 4 or 5 lbs and expect to be much of a contest for such a high class bitch as tornado undoubtedly was.

2. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I didn't say she was mostly hype, any dog able to accomplish what Tornado has done is certainly impressive. However, there is a lot of hype going on about Tornado. In other forums with threads such as "greatest pit dog of all time," "baddest dog of all time," "best match dog of all time," etc. Everyone keeps on saying Tornado due to her dbl gr. ch. status. Don't get me wrong, she is definitely a bad dog, but I wouldn't call her the baddest dog of all time, best match dog of all time, etc.

3. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I've never seen any of these three dogs: tornado, queen, or shady lady, so I won't make any statements about who would've won against who etc. I'm just saying, the three of them were pretty close towards each other and I'm just saying it would've been a hell of a match is all.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i doubt it would have been a hell of a match at all, tornado was too big for the others, no dogman would give up 4 or 5 lbs to go into one of the best bitxches at their weight in the world, no matter what he had.

5. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

That's a valid point, but there have been a few matches where 5 lb differences have meant nothing as the dog still won. Ch. Chinaman Rom's first match was against a rednose dog by the name of Ch. Ceasar, who was a lot larger than Chinaman. Chinaman still beat him. I still say it would've been a hell of a match, but that is just my opinion. I know that hooking weights would be the fairest way, but there have also been many notable matches where there has been 5 lbs. and even more that has been given, and the smaller dog still won. The better dog wins at the end of the day.

6. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

sorry but that is bullshit, many dogs have indeed given up that weight but none faced a dog as good as tornado going that far uphill and won.
    get your head out of the books and do some real practical on it.
    there is a very good reason dogs are matched at equal weight and 9 times out of 10 there is a good reason why someone is willing to give up weight (usually because they see weakness in the other dog aka spot picking)

7. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

So what about the classic match between mayday and tant's cody? Cody died in a match and mayday gave up 7 lbs. Mayday still won. I'll say this, Tornado is good, but I wouldn't count out either shady lady or queen of hearts. Also in terms of the competition that each of the dogs went into, I think the queen had gone through tougher competition.

8. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

was cody a 10 x winner in very good competition ? also weight will count less the bigger the dogs get ie catchweight (thats why its called catchweight).
    the fact is i can think of no dog that gave up 5lbs and beat a dog the quality of tornado (its hard to even imagine many dogs her quality period).the queen and shady lady were no doubt aces but also their owners were clever enough to match them at their correct weights.
    as for the opponents of tornado then just think about the dogmen who went into her, it reads like a who's who of top conditioners, now they knew what she was in most cases so i imagine they were not bringing plugs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
  9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

so if she wasnt the "baddest bitch ever" who was?

its allways going to be debatable due to the fact that everyone has different opinions.

one thing you cant deny is a 10x winner.
    another thing you cant deny is the fact she came out of a few of her matches without a single puncture wound.
    the main thing you cant deny is that when you ask enough people who were around to either see her in the flesh or were alive and were in the game to hear the hype surrounding her, the only ones that would say she wasnt would be someone saying one of their own dogs was badder, so that cancels them out due to being biased.

at the end of the day the majority say she was, and the stories and the record speaks for itself.

10. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

A 10x winner is definitely good, but like the record says, she came out of her matches without a single scratch. Now let's look at this logically and compare her towards other dogs considered aces. All three dogs had amazing ability. However, tornado didn't go up against competition such as the queen. The majority of queen's opponents were all ch.'s and gr. ch's and she herself is an 8xw. While you can't take anything away from a 10xw dog, or a dog with tornado's ability, to not mention the queen, shady lady, and other notables and just say tornado was the baddest bitch of all time due to her 10xw and dbl. gr. ch. title doesn't seem accurate.

11. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Cody wasn't a 10xw winner, but he was dead game and a dog with a lot of ability as well. Can you elaborate on some of these qualities that makes you tout tornado as such a great dog? I believe tornado was a great dog, but there are/were others that are just as good and some may argue better. I am more for the former, but I do believe other dogs that are/were just as good as tornado has gone into harder competition. There will always be room to debate, but that is just how I feel.

12. mick73

mick73 Pup

queen all the way :D:D

13. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i never mentioned tornado being the baddest ever etc but she is defiantely up their for sure
    she beat stp, drew f,mr bullyson,tant,devine,garner,rastamn etc etc etc
    not too shabby and all knew what they were going into, so does anyone think they brought their B team ?
    what i stated was that tornado would have whooped the queen and shady lady imo, so she should, she was a fair bit bigger.it matters nothing now as they are all gone.it always comes across as a kind of greenhorn debate when such stuff is brought up and no thought has been given to the obvious huge advantage of size.

14. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

point taken , but i cant see the point of this. its about tornado and her results, not about her being falsley labelled about being so god damn good.
    crank out another thread as a vs between the three dogs mentioned and it wont seem as much as a thread raper, or someone hating on the topic.

i dont have an issue with your debate but it does come across as hating on the topic hence my argument. just a thought.

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

u wont ever see me talk down on tornado bc she is one of the best off all time
    never seen her, still if i was gonna take a dog im goin with Queen

16. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

talkin bout the sadie vid?

17. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMnAi29jNb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMnAi29jNb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Just thought some might like, nothing special just her walking about.

18. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I'm definitely not hating on the topic. She was definitely one bad bitch, but from the original post that the OP posted, it had a tone that tended to favor with tornado being the baddest bitch around. I just wanted to clarify ya know? No doubt about it, any dog that had the ability of tornado is worth feeding, but just saying there are other notable dogs out there that are on par or maybe even better than tornado.

19. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Tornado was slightly bigger than the two, but size alone does not win matches. Talking about ability alone, I think the two aforementioned dogs had ability just as good as tornado. No doubt that size advantage goes to tornado and if that match would've occured, it would be an uphill battle for the two, but size alone doesn't win battles. Tornado is definitely up there as one of the baddest dogs to ever cross the scratch line, but I'd take the queen or shady lady over her, just my take.

20. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

The Bitch won 10 in the fastlane you cant really say anything bad about that . She won short matches as well as long ones . Actually that was an era of Elite Bitches and any of them are on the short list for the greatest of all time its just a matter of opinion. Shady Lady 5 in short order could she have won another 5 who knows? (the Rebel was in trouble around that time ) The Queen won all 8 none going 40 could she have one 2 more sure i think (they must have paid a lot for her when she was sold ) also in this same time period was Gr Ch Savannah she won 7 or 8 and by all accounts a bad dog , There was another bitch GrCh Negra Thomasa that won 6 and had one of the Hardest mouths ever . Point is they where all outstanding animals that most people will never get a chance at owning a dog of that caliber . Just enjoy their stories

I need clarification on something did the Queen beat the same dog twice ?(Blondie)